“Great Alternative to Traditional Hotel”

Marriott's Grand Chateau
Ranked #6 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Lowell, Massachusetts
“Great Alternative to Traditional Hotel”
Reviewed March 28, 2008

I was able to stay here as part of my timeshare exchange. It is a lovely location and the roof top pool and view is awesome. It seems a bit small, but every time I was up there I always found a seat. Maybe if they build the other 2 towers and don't add another pool there will be a problem. Everything is new and beds are super comfortable. Gym was nice and included too (I hate paying extra to workout). Certainly a place I would recommend and stay at again if I ever return to Vegas.

• Liked — Very comfortable and clean room
  • Disliked — The walking path to MGM and the Strip wasn't as warm as I'd prefer.
3 Thank cmydogsam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (899)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Columbia, MD
Reviewed March 25, 2008

This hotel is a timeshare property and is simply fabulous!!! The suites come with fully equipped kitchens with washer and dryers. There is an awesome flat screen TV in the main family room and a separate TV in the bedroom. There was also a jacuzzi tub in the master bedroom. The bathroom was simply gorgeous with a marble shower with 3 shower heads. This changed our entire LV experience and I cant wait to go back.

Stayed April 2006
4 Thank lovebirdsonthego
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 14, 2008

- Location – Having been to Vegas several times before, location is indeed everything since everything else is so far away! MGC has a great location right next to Planet Hollywood (going by the lower case ‘ph’) which is almost done with the redecorating from the old Aladdin although the mall part still needs much work. There was no trouble getting a cab (my preferred means of transit) which was a big plus over other non-casino lodging. I could also walk to MGM but it was quite a walk and past some of the cheap trinket shops and a 24 hr Walgreens (also nice to have close by).

- Room – First let me say that while I knew in advance that this was a timeshare/suite hotel, that did not prepare me for the size of the room. It was quite spacious! Fully stocked kitchen (I don’t cook in Vegas when Chef Puck has so many choices for me!) along with a washer/dryer unit in the closet. King bed was very comfy. Double shower heads were fantastic and water pressure was good. Soaking tub was a great option on the last night when I wanted to wash all the Vegas dust off and prepare to return to the “real” world. There was some plumbing noise and the AC unit was louder than most. The outside of the windows were really dirty because of the construction outside. The windows blocked most of the construction noise from the ph tower that was being erected not 250 feet from my room!

- Service – I only had my room cleaned once while I was there. Standard care, nothing extraordinary. The valets and bellmen were all really friendly and appreciated being tipped (who doesn’t) but weren’t as pushy as some can be in sin city!

- “timeshare” – I thought I was going to be overwhelmed with pushy sales people trying to get me to “take the tour” and “experience the difference of ownership” but that just didn’t happen. I was offered to come to one meeting and that was it. The staff never asked me again and I was treated no differently than anyone else in the place. Although there was an owners’ lounge which I did not try to use…they need their perks!

- The Roof – This is only place I have stayed in Vegas to date that offered guests access to the roof. I enjoyed this and would consider it a true plus to staying here. There is something about getting a panoramic view of the strip that gives it a whole different appearance (see photos).

• Liked — large room with great shower
  • Disliked — some noise (internal and external)
7 Thank biotechwriter
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 11, 2008

I stayed here for 3 nights during a major convention and booked the room mainly because I wanted something that was convenient and reasonably priced. Since the property is under construction, the rates were very attractive ($250 for a trade show is good in Vegas) and I essentially got a 1 BR suite that I would give 4 Stars. It is not a casino hotel and has no restaurants on site, so you have to go elsewhere for that, but it's definitely a nice place to stay. Free internet is a plus- seems like everywhere else will charge you $10-20 per day for a connection. Turndown service costs extra, but can make my own bed just like at home. Overall, the construction is unobtrusive if you get a high floor room. Pool and bar on the rooftop are nice and intimate.

Stay here if you want a "quieter" atmosphere for sleeping, as opposed to bringing the party back to the room (or staying among those who do) in casino hotels.

• Liked — Clean, new, value
  • Disliked — Location off-strip (but only by one block)
3 Thank Jetset83
Reviewed February 23, 2008

Stayed here for a few days during Feb 08 for a business conference. Definitely not a bad place to stay for a business event, if you want to have a nice clean room that has plenty of taxicabs out front and you can be to a conference in a few minutes.

The hotel room was nice - great layout for a hotel room with a king bed, pullout sofa, nice decor and great bath. Of course, it's brand new, so that's sort of what I expected, but it did meet expectations.

One thing to be alerted to: there are no restaurants on site. They have built only 1 of 3 towers to be located on this site, and presumably there will be a full complement of restaurant choices when complete, but not now. Only a 24 hr convenience shop with outrageous prices, even for Vegas (can you say $80 for a generic sweatshirt and a marriott logo, or $3 for a coke?). So if you have plans to get work done in the hotel itself, don't count on ordering room service. Nor is there any place in the lobby to pop open a laptop for an hour - just FYI.

Same goes for families with small kids- there is nothing really for them to do IN the hotel (there is some kids program but it looked sort of weak to me - I did not have my kids with me to try it out though). Can't have them walk around the lobby with you for 1/2 hour looking at shops or toys etc - there's just nothing there that would be of any interest to them.

Otherwise, the service was fantastic, the location right off the strip and next to the shopping mall was very convenient, and you're getting a good night's rest for a good price.

• Stayed February 2008
5 Thank TommyBoy2004
The Colony
Reviewed February 20, 2008

Hubby and I stayed for Christmas Week. Great location, new, well stocked. Only real problem was at 2:30 in the morning the room above us would fill the tub and we would be abruptly awakened by the water noises. Staff was great, room was clean. Would stay again but request a really high floor and hope no one is above me.

• Liked — Room size and kitchen.
  • Disliked — Noisy tubs in the room above us.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MsGodmother
Madison , WI
Reviewed February 20, 2008

We only had one night at the Chateau after having stayed at the Wynn. We were very happy with the facilities and the location, one block off the strip and right next to great shopping at the Miracle Mile shops at Planet Hollywood. The rooftop pool had great views- also free water with sliced citrus fruit in the lobby was very welcoming sight after walking the hot dusty strip. We loved the atmosphere at the hotel, we just regret not having more time to enjoy it.

Stayed February 2008