“A little peace in a place of chaos!”

Marriott's Grand Chateau
Ranked #6 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
New York City, New York
“A little peace in a place of chaos!”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

The Marriot Grand Chateau is a wonderful and quiet hotel in a great location. You are basically .1 block away from the strip. A quick cab ride can take you anywhere on the strip, and some places are within walking distance. My friends and I only stayed the weekend and were barely in our rooms. However, the rooms were really nice and well equipt (microwave definitely came in handy for late night left overs) with everything you needed. We had 2 one bedrooms. The only thing was that there is no casino, no room service, and you have to pay for daily maid service. There is bar on the roof and a small pool. We went up there once at night just to check it out, and witnessed the most amazing view of the strip. You are located near all the hotels, restaurants, and great shopping. Overall it was a nice hotel, not too many complaints!

1 Thank Jennifer B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (869)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
San Diego, California
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed in a two-room villa for a week and it was a great time. The hotel is located next to the Miracle Mile of Shops - Planet Hollywood. M & M, Hard Rock cafe on the Strip, MGM, and Coke is just walking distance. The international market is also next door and there are plenty of places to eat there. Aria and some fancy shops and botiques are a stroll away located at City Center - Louis Vuitton, Ferragamo, Channel, and other fancier brands are located here. The hotel services from the Valet to the Concierge and the Front Desk persons are all so friendly and helpful. The room is convenient with all the amenities neede available. One can even cook their own food because the kitchen is fully equipped. The pool on the roof was great. Small but great view. The Skybar was also great at night. Our unit had 2 BR and 2 Baths and it was great because there were plenty of towels for everybody and emnities were great. Housekeeping offers plenty of help and assistance if needed. They come in daily to clean and change the towels. We stayed for a week and we had a GREAT TIME. We had fruits and food in the refrigerator and also beverages that it saved us money knowing the prices of eating out in Vegas. For sure, we will recommend this place to our friends and families.

Room Tip: If you want a great view - go for the higher floors with the strip view. I don't think there is...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Concord, California
Reviewed October 1, 2012

You are within walking distance to the strip. With a car you can get to anywhere in Vegas worth visiting. As usual, Marriott gets it right with how they furnish and build their properties. You can't ask for much better than the way the rooms are setup and decorated - first class all the way. The 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit was very large and gave us plenty of room to stretch out. Even with the ongoing construction the noise was not noticeable except down in the lobby. Didn't bother me since I am looking forward to the new tower going up with the upgraded pool which is sorely needed as the only real downside to the property is the smallish roof top pool. It will be nice to have a full sized pool available and will make this an even better place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jimbokli
MrsWTT
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Great location next to the Miracle Mile, where you can walk in the air-conditioning and through Planet Hollywood to get to most areas on the strip. It was a refreshing change to come to a hotel without a casino on site. Pool was small but worked for us. There wasn't much of a "view" from the rooftop, besides the top of the big hotels of Vegas. There's a 5 foot wall and wires to keep you from peering over and down. Hailing a cab was quick, but I could tell the valet lines were long. It's far enough off the strip that cabs could take the "back way" to avoid the traffic and congestion of driving on the Strip during prime hours. This helped us get to most places within 10 minutes. Hotel staff was polite and always greeted us. Rooms were big and comfy and the full kitchen and washer/dryer were very nice to have! We got the two room options and there was ample space for all 4 girls on the trip. Beds were comfy and bathrooms were nice. I only gave it 4-star because you had to pay extra if you wanted daily cleaning.

Escondido, California
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights in a 2 bedroom villa with my husband, my parents, and my 1 year old son. We all really enjoyed our stay here. It is a great place to stay in Vegas for families. I thought the location was perfect. Even though it is not technically on the strip, I think it is a better location than many hotels that are technically located on the strip. It is a very quick walk to get from the hotel to the strip. I even think that it took me less time to get out to the strip than it did when I stayed at Bally's. Once you get out to the strip, you are in the center of everything. It is a short walk to Bellagio, Paris, and Bally's to the north, and MGM, Monte Carlo, and New York New York to the south. Once you are out on the strip, you can also cross the bridge to the other side of the street and you are at the City Center area. Directly across Harmon St. from the Marriot Grand Chateau is the side entrance to the Miracle Mile Mall, where you have many shops, restaurants, and shows, and you can get into the Planet Hollywood casino from there. The hotel is located directly behind the Hawaiian Market, where you can find a Tix4Tonight kiosk to purchase discounted show tickets, restaurant coupons, and discounted buffets.

Checking in was a breeze. There was no line whatsoever at 3pm on a Friday. There is no self-parking, only free valet. We never waited more than 5 minutes for our car, even when we needed it during check-out time on a Sunday.

Our 2 bedroom villa was HUGE. In me and my husband's room, we each had our own sink, and I had a vanity area with a seat and a makeup mirror, which was really convenient and comfortable for getting ready for the evening. The bed was so comfy, I wanted to pack it up and take it home with me. There was a dvd player in the living room, but we never used it because the tv had a ton of channels to choose from. The kitchen was stocked with everything we needed, including dishwashing detergent, pots, pans, glasses, dishes, utensils, wine bottle opener, etc. My parents stayed in an attached studio room with their own entrance. They had their own little kitchenette and their own sofa. Their bathroom was not as large as ours and only had one sink, but it was still very nice.

I utilized the market in the lobby for some milk, cereal, bananas, bagels, and cream cheese. It was convenient but I thought the prices were too high. They were charging $6 for a gallon of drinking water! I highly recommend trying to stop at a grocery store before arriving. There is also a Walgreens out at the corner of the strip, next to Planet Hollywood.

We did not mind at all that there was no casino in the hotel. We actually really enjoyed walking into a nice, quiet hotel at the end of a long day, and going straight up to the room. I never went to the pool, but my mom did and said it was very small. We did not hear any construction noise during our stay, but we were there mostly during the weekend, and I think they work on construction during the week.

Now some information for those traveling with babies or small children. We requested a high chair and crib prior to arriving. When we arrived, the high chair was there, but the crib didn't arrive until about an hour later, which was ok because my son wasn't ready to sleep yet. The crib was a basic pack n play, which worked just fine. There is a playroom in the lobby called "The Maze." I peeked in there and noticed they had lots of toys, including baby toys, and an list of activities they had scheduled for kids. I asked an employee if we could use the playroom at any time, and she said yes. However, we never had the time to use it.

I do have a few negative comments. I noticed some minor maintenance issues in the room. One of the two shower heads in our bathroom was loose and coming off the wall. However that was fine, because I just used the other shower head that was there. Also, I noticed some of the baseboards were cracked and needed repair. My mom also said that she put a bottle of milk in the minifridge in her room at night, and by morning the milk was frozen. These things were very minor issues and didn't really bother us. One thing that did bother my husband was that he tried calling the front desk a few times for something one morning, and nobody answered the phone.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay here, and we will probably be back again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank andreaesco
UK
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The hotel itself is plesant. It is just off the stip but within easy walking distance and the views from the 24th floor (and above) of the strip were very plesant.

This is Vegas so it is a package holiday capital of the world, and you do feel it - an email asking for room preferences prior to stay is probably a plus to most but when travelling a lot it just is another item on the todo list - especially when room preferences are saved in the Marriott loyalty profile. I also did not care for a recorded message reminding of the 10am checkout time - flight times vary and 10am is quite early.

The room itself is great because it has basic microwave/sink/fridge meaining a quick home meal is not out of the question - a great cost saver. Overall - yes I would stay here again for the room amenities.

Room Tip: Higher floors with a strip view are nice
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights, the place is well situated close to the Las Vegas strip and only a quick walk to the major casinos if that's your thing? The room was very clean and well presented, though the in room nice things like tea and coffee one needed to pay for at the well stocked shop in the lobby, the room has a fridge, micro wave and small sink, the bathroom is big and well appointed, though soap and the usual shampoo and lotion was sparce, though plenty of towels.
The fitness room is great lots of well maintained machines, locker rooms and very clean, the pool is on the roof and very exposed to the desert heat, it is small and well used by many so cooling off is not easy.
The staff are helpful, free valet parking and free wi fi, there are free laundry facilities on most floors, strange it is free when one needs to buy tea bags?
All in all a great place to stay in a smoke free enviroment I would certainly stay again, even though they are very pushy about the time share offers.....

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple