“See Rocky in the Men's Locker Room for a good joke”
Review of The Spa at Bally's

The Spa at Bally's
Chicago, Illinois
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 294 helpful votes
“See Rocky in the Men's Locker Room for a good joke”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I know that this place has the word spa in its title but I am not here for the spa. I am here to use the treadmills and run my little heart out.

I have been here several times over the last 10 years and the workout area has not changed much. I wish the equipment was a little newer but it does serve its purpose.

My only complaint would be that this place opens at 6am and closes at 6pm, which are not good times for me when I am working. I really wish that it would stay open a little later, so I could get a workout in, after a long day of working.

There are only two TVs facing the cardio machines and both are in a weird position. It is almost like someone hung them before they ever placed the equipment in the room. So choose your machine wisely if you are wanting to catch the scores on SportsCenter.

The locker room is really nice. You can hang out on the couch and watch there big screen in there. Have some coffee and a piece of fresh fruit. It was definitely a nice way to finish my workout.

I also loved the three different hot tubs too. There was boiling hot (like I am going to cook a bunny), ice cold (welcome to the Polar Bear Plunge) and a warm bath water. I could hardly resist and would go from cooked bunny to ice cold polar bear every time...it was a nice feeling to shock my body like that.

There were also three different saunas here too. A dry one which made no sense because we were in a desert and you could just go outside. A wet one and a wet one with eucalyptus. So there many choices. I really enjoyed the eucalyptus because after a day of talking it really helped my voice make it through the long day.

The men's locker room attendant (Rocky) in the morning was almost too funny. It was hard for me to keep up with all of his jokes. I enjoyed talking to him and he made me realize that everyone in Vegas has a story. He seems almost too talented to be working in a locker room.

I know that this is not the best gym and I would never choose to come here unless I was staying at this hotel. It is convenient for me to workout here because I usually have to get to work early. I also recommend you look at the multiple day passes because your daily rate will go down.

Visited April 2012

278 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 856 helpful votes
“Best value Spa. Good!”
Reviewed March 9, 2011

I love going and using the spa on trips to Vegas. Everytime. It is my buffer between real life and my holiday. The spa starts my holiday!

The thing I do not like is that they are not mixed like in Europe but otherwise they have a lot going for them.

The service and different pools and rooms on offer at Bally's was excellent. Plenty to sit and read too and snacks and drinks a plenty.

Best to go early to mid morning (9/10am) and it is usually quite quiet.

The only spa in Vegas I have been to that was better was Caesars but that cost more.

Good spa at a sensible price = Bally's

I just wish it could be mixed and certain people would keep their trunks on!

Visited August 2010
4 Thank Antony T
colorado
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great experience!”
Reviewed November 25, 2010

I called the spa at the last minute as I was staying a block away at the Platinum Hotel and Spa (their spa is not open everyday). I booked an 80 minutes massage (combination of Swedish, Deep Tissue, and Hot Stone) and a 50 minute facial. This was a bit more pricey than I would have liked ($200 for the massage and $100 for the facial---normally $115), but I thought it was worth the money! The front desk person was fantastic. She had been extremely pleasant on the phone. Once I arrived, she told me she had a coupon for 20% off the entire bill that she was going to apply to my bill---GREAT! The massage and facial were both professional, relaxing, and enjoyable. I only wish I had more time to enjoy the rest of the spa, especially the whirlpools (separate for men and women).

1 Thank ckwrsr
San Diego
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bally's SPA was AMAZING!!!! Try it you won't be disappointed!”
Reviewed January 20, 2010

I enjoyed every minute of my pampering at the spa. The staff was friendly and I felt relaxed the moment I walked inside. I did the couples massage and it was great. I enjoyed spending the experience with my boyfriend and would recommend it to everyone. I also had a scrub and would highly recommend that as well. They had very good prices and offer various treatments. I am looking forward to my next vacation already!!!! =)

1 Thank SD2LV2010