“Spit and Sawdust but WHAT a Night ! : )”

Ellis Island Casino & Brewery
Ranked #48 of 462 things to do in Las Vegas
Reviewed August 5, 2013

A waiter at the Bellagio recommended this place to us ......Walking towards it there was a feeling of trepidation due to the area and look of the place .....but as the saying goes looks can be deceiving ! Very friendly staff and locals .... Good food we ate there 3 times and so CHEAP ....drinks also cheap : ) my only criticism is the smoking in there which is legal .... But being Asthmatic I had to pop outside for fresh air ..... And after a skin full a cab back to the Hotel for less than $5 : ) Well worth a visit ..... See another side of Vegas : )

There are newer reviews for Ellis Island Casino & Brewery

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Recently stumbled upon this place after my friend was referred by a member of the hotel staff we were staying at. When we first walked in it seemed pretty upbeat not super crowded but not dead so we were stoked. The drinks were very in expensive considering this was Vegas (since it was off the strip we should hope so!).

The only issues we really had were that the equipment used for the karaoke itself (getting the words on the screen) seemed to be having some issues as a few of the songs we wanted were either not functioning or the words only showed up half the time (luckily we knew them well enough to get by!). The guy running the night seemed to be really trying to make it fun but with a crowd that seemed about 60%-70% locals I'm sure that made it a little more difficult.

The appetizers they served were pretty tasty but the drinks were a little weak (even for a sweet drink). We didn't spend any time gambling at the casino as that was not why were there. If you plan to go call ahead and ask for a booth! Not that there isn't plenty of seating but it's just nice to have your own personal space without sharing benches with other people.\

Be kind to the guy running karaoke and he will be nice enough to bump your song up on the wait list! The security at this place did kind of irk our group as they seemed to be really pushy and judging people for what reason I don't understand. So that killed our buzz a bit.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Very limited menu, only 4 choices but that was fine. As a vegetarian I got the cheapest dinner (half a chicken), ate all the side dishes which was plenty and gave my friend the half chicken to take home, worked out well. Interesting décor, no smoke smell. I would eat there again.
Also had a sandwich from their "Boardhouse" sub sandwich place the next day. It was a $8 sub but really big on very good bread. A big $2 draft beer, brewed on site, made my hubby happy too.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

You'll never mistake this casino for Bellagio or Mandalay Bay, but that's a good thing. Better odds, payback & lower limits than the strip. No posers, just regular folk getting more bang for the buck and having fun. Good micro brews, decent eateries. We always have fun at this place.

1  Thank Habby31
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was our 3rd trip to Vegas and we had heard nothing but good things about Ellis Island so was keen to try it, and I'm so glad we did! We took a taxi from Monte Carlo which cost around $9 so it wasn't far to travel. The casino was small and cute with a friendly atmosphere. The food in the restaurant was one of the best meals we had in Vegas, in fact we were a bit gutted that we didn't try it until the last day of the trip! Katy was our server and she was so helpful and made it an even better experience. Would recommend to anyone!

1  Thank K_Meister1983