“Refreshingly Good”

Ellis Island Casino & Brewery
Ranked #49 of 462 things to do in Las Vegas
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have my good friend to thank for this find, which he’d come across as part of our pre-trip research. He said it looked worth a try out of curiosity and indeed he was so right – so much so that we ended up visiting 3 times during our 5 night stay. So don’t be afraid to venture a little off the strip for this refreshing experience – it really is all true, great beer and food at incredible prices and no [--] unpretentious gambling in a friendly atmosphere with great service. Not for everyone maybe, but I’ll certainly be back here during my next visit to Vegas!

3  Thank AlWilbury
Write a ReviewReviews (1,472)

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Found this on my last visit to Vegas and ended up going 3 times. Fantastic breakfast special of steak and eggs, $6. Steak was really tender. Ribs for dinner were superb too, $12. Draft micro brewed beer on site beer, $2.
It's a little rough, and tired round the edges but best value I've found anywhere near the strip by miles!!!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We try to visit Ellis Island each trip.

It's a short walk from the back of Ballys to Ellis Island. There was no wait to be seated in the cafe.

I ordered french toast and bacon. It was excellent. Husband ordered eggs, toast, bacon, and potatoes. I had an iced tea and husband had coffee. Total bill was just over $15.

Waiter was very attentive.

Played a few minutes in the small casino (which was much less smokey then the strip casinos).

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Wandered over there after getting in town. Got seated, the waitress told me how to go about getting a coupon for the steak special which I had with their dark beer.

Beer very good, service good. Steak OK. Seemed a little tough and not particularly seasoned.

Maybe I'm expecting too much from the special. It wasn't bad, but certainly wasn't anything special either.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

During our short trip we went to the restaurant twice. The first time we had coupons from the Casino Guide (a must have). We all enjoyed our meals (Fish and Chips-YUM). Our waiter Eugene was great. He explained how we could get cheap steak dinners and other casino information. We went back to get the $8 steak dinner. I got the fish and chips again, but my mom and sister both got the special. I was surprised when they said that the meat was very tender. We were sorry we didn't have another day to go for breakfast.

Also, the casino was old but clean!

2  Thank mymoose