“Not as good as it once was in Las Vegas”

Ellis Island Casino & Brewery
Ranked #49 of 461 things to do in Las Vegas
Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Not as good as it once was in Las Vegas”
Reviewed January 1, 2008

My friend and I went to Ellis Island in August of 2007 and December of 2007. Within that time period, the prices nearly doubled on a lot of the menu items. The prices are still reasonable in comparison to the strip; however, they have gone up. The .99 cent egg special is now 2.99. Specials are now 2 dollars more on the menu. For 2 of us during breakfast it is about 16 dollars for regular breakfasts and coffee. It is impossible for 6 people to get steak for only 44 dollars considering the minimum dinner price is now 8 dollars, not including drinks.

Also, the casino is very much smoke filled which spills into the restaurant. You can't smoke in restaurants in Nevada, but you can still breath in the smoke from the casino.

There is an element about this casino which isn't very nice. I have seem an arrest on both of my visits (we always go here for breakfast). I'm assuming the prices have gone up because of the popularity of this place, it is quite busy when we are there. Also, a lot of illegal immigrants hang out and try to get work from you while playing at the slots!

3 Thank ATR728

Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Awesome steak”
Reviewed November 19, 2007

Went to Ellis Island on recommendation of friend. There were 6 of us and the bill was $44. Steak was absolutely awesome, cooked perfect, green beans were the best I've ever had (and I don't even really like green beans), didn't eat the potato but the salad was crisp and fresh. All the beer you wanted was also included. The dealer at the crap table was extremely patient and taught us how to play craps. Lots of fun and would highly recommend as a place off the strip to spend a couple hours.

11 Thank Melissa10Illinois
Las Vegas, NV
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fantastic Ribs”
Reviewed July 19, 2007

I'm a local Las Vegan and heard about Ellis Island Ribs on the cooking channel on TV. It was talked about as being one of the best kept secrets in Las Vegas. IT IS!!!! The ribs were fantastic, being juicy and tender and fall off the bone good. The price for what you get, a very full platter, is the best deal in town. We will be back again and again to this hide a way.

7 Thank rasser
Ladysmith, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“It's definately a dont miss place on my Vegas trips”
Reviewed June 4, 2007

There are a few places in Vegas that I frequent every time I am there. I am usually there every fall and spring, while on my way to wintering in Mexico, and spend a week to ten days each way in Vegas. The food here is most excellent and dollar value per pound, it can not be beat anywhere in town. I had the steak dinner special three times this spring. The micro brewed beer gives excellent tasting beers with good selections. I follow dinner/beer with a bit of slots then am off to enjoy the rest of my day. Put this on your best value list because it indeed is.

8 Thank Gerall
San Mateo, CA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great place for a beginner gambler”
Reviewed May 3, 2007

If you are new to gambling, this place is great. The tables are practically empty, are 5 .00 minimum and the staff will go slow and teach you the game and the protocols of table games. As you gamble, the waitress will come by and offer you a complementary pint of their
microbrew multiple times. I have been to other casinos and all I got was a small, full of ice, watered down complementary drink in the past! Not here! Everything on the menu was less than 10.00 and delicious and the portions were not out of control. Don't expect the ambiance to be extravagant like the Strip casinos, but the staff members were so friendly and welcoming, (no "Vegas attitude " here!) I am definitely coming back here!

6 Thank kval75