“Total Surprise”

and up
The Mac King Comedy Magic Show at Harrah's Las Vegas
Ranked #14 of 224 Concerts & Shows in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: Acclaimed by MAGIC Magazine as the premiere comedy magician in the world today. How did a kid from Louisville, Kentucky find himself in the enviable position of being perhaps the funniest magician in America?Hailed by many as the premiere comedy magician in the world today, Mac King was just named "Magician of the Year" by the Magic Castle in Hollywood, just broke a Guinness World Record, just appeared on his seventh TV special for NBC-TV, just rocked on the Late Show with David Letterman, and has been regarded as one of the top 5 shows over the past Ten Years.
Edmonton, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Total Surprise”
Reviewed April 6, 2009

My wife and I were "shopped out" and were looking for something to fill an afternoon. As this show was close by to our hotel and was cheap as well, we thought we'd give it a try.

When it started out with "You're Happy and You Know It" playing over the speakers, we looked at each other in horror. As there were some families with younger kids there, we thought we had stumbled into a kids show. Luckily we soon found out that the show walked the line - much like some of the animated movies over the last several years. Many of the jokes/themes kept the kids entertained, but at the same time were adult oriented enough to keep everybody laughing. The magic was fine - neither of us are into magic, but he completed a few tricks that were pretty good.

All in all, we were suprised and entertained. If you looking for a good and cheap afternoon alternative regardless if your with a family or not, check out Mac King.

3 Thank Trevor H

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Germantown, WI
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Very Funny and Very Entertaining”
Reviewed April 5, 2009

We went to the show on March 31st. We went with our 10 year old daughter and 8 year old son. I am not all that easily entertained and wasn't expecting much considering it was a daytime 'low cost' show. Also we were concerned that the emphasis might be so much on the humor that the magic might not be that good. My expectations were even lower when I saw Mac King walk out in his plaid suit. Then for the next 90 minutes the whole family was thoroughly entertained. I would say the mix is 60% comedy - 40% magic but both the comedy and the magic were very well done. The humor was not just kid humor; I might have been laughing as loud as anyone. I would highly recommend this show for just about anyone.

1 Thank davenlu2000
montana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Not bad, Not wonderful either”
Reviewed April 1, 2009

Someone on the street handed us two tickets that were free with the purchase of a drink. We went to the 1:00 show. It was okay, but nothing particularly memorable. There is a reason why he isn't doing a show at night, it just wouldn't sell that many seats. Seating was horrible, little chairs crammed together in a row on the floor. My husband asked if we could upgrade our seats and we kindly told we could sit in a booth for free. I felt sorry for those still sitting on the floor. The drink that we got was fabulous I must say. Some kind of pina-colada-super yummy! If you have time to kill, I would recommend but I wouldn't make a special effort just to see him.

1 Thank bigskytravelnut
Chicago
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Deal me in!”
Reviewed February 10, 2009

One of the best deals in Vegas. Mac King is funny and a bit bizarre. Some material is almost blue, but kids over 10 would probably enjoy the show. The blue jokes will go over their heads anyway.
2 for 1 tickets are all over the casino and they include a free drink. So basically got a show and cocktail for $13. Can't beat that with a stick....especially in Vegas.

3 Thank otisnova
Pembroke Pines, Florida
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 127 helpful votes
“Mac King, A Fun Afternoon”
Reviewed February 2, 2009

Mac King has a funny and entertaining show. He has a bunch of "neat" tricks mixed in with a few "wow, how did he do that" tricks. The $13 price is well worth the admission and drink. See this show, laugh a little and enjoy your afternoon!

Also, Mac King uses audience volunteers (a woman, a child, a newlywed couple, and then a man). He also, visits with the audience after the show and will sign photos, books, shirts, and other gifts available at his gift stand.

3 Thank GroovyGreg

Been to Mac King Comedy Magic Show? Share your experiences!