“One of the coolest things in Vegas”
Review of Penn & Teller

Penn and Teller at the Rio Suite Hotel and Casino
Ranked #84 of 228 Concerts & Shows in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A live show of two magicians Penn and Teller, together they combine hilarious comedy and outrageous magic. The show is held in the Penn & Teller theater at the Rio All Suite Hotel and Casino.
Reviewed August 30, 2009

Awesome from start to finish. Penn and Teller are brilliant and great at entertaining. I would go to see this show every time I visit Las Vegas. At the end of the show, Penn and Teller greet the crowd and sign autographs. All in all, A perfect night of entertainment.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,134)
All reviews
in 41 reviews
"off the strip"
in 54 reviews

Reviewed August 26, 2009

If you've seen them on TV, you haven't really seen this show. It's fun, surprising and also, extremely witty and thought provoking. These are world class entertainers who do not need big, showy effects to amaze their audience, they do it in subtle and astonishing ways. This is a show you walk away from with a lot to talk about. After the show, Penn & Teller do something unheard of from major entertainers...they stay in the lobby and sign autographs and get their pictures taken with fans. And for those who have seen their Showtime "Bu--it" show & are concerned about language, be assured that the language and themes are not like the show. Like all great entertainers, they are versatile.

1  Thank RinconTraveler
Reviewed July 20, 2009

Penn of Penn & Teller talked more than did tricks - he ruined the show. Also why did he do the fire eating thing w/ his assistant - really strange! My husband and I didn't like the show but our 18 yr old son did. Please note that the Rio Hotel isn't on the strip - so you will need transportation to get to their show if staying on the strip.

Reviewed June 30, 2009

I took my husband to see this show for our wedding anniversary - I booked through the box office at the Rio and got second row seats for only about $5.00 more than anywhere else. The show was amazing! I was not really a fan before but I am now!

1  Thank Charli13
See more reviews
Reviewed June 27, 2009

I had always been a big fan of Penn and Teller and was really looking forawrd to this show. I really liked the initial welcoming atmosphere of the pre-show. You could walk up on stage and examine a box that would be used later. There was great jazz entertainment in the pre-show period.

The welcoming environment ended quickly. I was well aware that they despise religion (especially Christianity), but I (foolishly perhaps) did not expect that hatred to be part of a show that I paid to see. The entire show was punctuated with his ridicule of Christianity and his ample use of blasphemies.

Skeptics and atheists will likely love the show. Penn clearly has the charisma to overcome the relatively mediocre magic tricks and I love the character Teller has created (a true homage to Harpo Marx).

But ultimately, none of this could overcome the ultimate feeling that as a Christian I was not welcome. I bought a ticket to be entertained, but instead I left the show feeling disappointed and hurt.

2  Thank travelguru65

Been to Penn & Teller? Share your experiences!