“A Mixed Bag”
Review of Improv Comedy Club

Improv Comedy Club
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I like stand-up and found a good deal on a ticket at the Tix4Tonight booth, so I decided to take in the show at the Improv. I don't remember the name of the opening comedian, but he was okay. The second comedian, Avi Lieberman, was quite funny. I truly enjoyed his part of the show. The headliner, Max Alexander, was just not funny. He's an older man, and vacillated between Henny Youngman style ("Take my wife, please") and attempting to shock people. Frankly, I don't mind bad language and "blue" humor, but an older man just dropping f-bombs in an attempt to seem hip, is just sad. He told one, and only one, joke at which I laughed. I wish Avi had been the headliner, it would have ended the night on an up note, instead of a sour one.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Given that this club is known as one of the starting places for many excellent comedians, i was disappointed with the performers for the night. The first one thought that it was just funny to comment how cute and beautiful a young women was in the front row...Really? the rest of us are supposed to find that entertaining? It was like watching her play to one member of the crowd. The headliner was okay, but also recognized that we were a "tough crowd"...or maybe they all were not so funny. I was also surprised at how short the show was- all 3 comedians were done within 1 hour.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Was looking forward to a fun time at The Improv. Oh well...The show featured three comics, two of which were funny... but the third, Max Alexander, should just retire to the old comics home. He was painful to watch... lots of "I'm too old for this" jokes, and he's right, he's too old. Avi Lieberman was really good, Nick Cobb was just OK. Would have liked more Avi, less Max and Nick. Plenty of empty seats, now I know why. Managers should get better talent to attract more people or just let the funniest guy have it all.

Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Max Alexander was hilarious but the show was WAY too short with up priced drinks...avi Lieberman was on for minutes and had no chance to even get started...show could have been great rather than a price gorge

Reviewed March 27, 2014

The headliner bombed. His show wasn't funny, and unfortunately was very off-putting. What a sorry waste of time and $. .