“oh my goodness the smell!”

Casino at Harrah's Las Vegas
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Minneapolis, Minnesota
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“oh my goodness the smell!”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

This review is the casino only. I have stayed at Harrah's in the past years and rooms were fine, nothing special but it's been a few years on that part. Have always liked the buffet. But, here's what happened in this casino, 11/6.The smell when we came in the door was so strong with a sickly sweet perfume scent it burned our eyes and I was gagging when we left in a big hurry. I put a hanky over my nose and mouth just to get to an exit! I do not know what that is all about! I felt lousy for the next hour!

1 Thank bonny132
TotalServiceTeam, Manager at Casino at Harrah's Las Vegas, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
bonny132, thank you for taking the time to write and for making us aware of your experience. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the atmosphere within our casino. We regularly check our air filtration system, and the air in our public areas to ensure acceptable air quality is maintained. At Harrah's we want nothing more than to provide an atmosphere that is comfortable for all of our guests, as such, your comments have been forwarded to our Facility Department for review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Korean first
Savusavu, Fiji
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Afternoon interlude”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We only spent an afternoon at the casino and a show. As foreigners the casino culture is "foreign" to us. We learnt not to buy drinks from the bar, but sit at a slot machine and a waitress will come and ask you for your drinks order and it's free ( plus tip, hey it's not her paying for the booze!). We spent a couple hours and spent $3 on the slot machines. Nothing flash, but no probs except getting away from the "get this, that and the other thing FREE" hawkers at the front entry. Am sure it was time share. Hubby loves anything free, literally had to drag him away from them in mid spiel. Loved "Defending the Caveman" one man monologue show, the reason we wine to Harrah's. See separate review.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank FeejeeJ9
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Nice & Reasonable”
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed from Oct 30th - Nov 4th . My husband has a friend who lives in Vegas and he said Halloween was also a good time to visit. So we did just that. I insisted we stay at Harrah's Casino because its right next to "Carnival Club / Bar". This is the BEST place to drink & party and besides they had a Halloween Party......I was dressed as sexy cat woman and my husband was a beer pong. We had a ball. Anyway you must try the huge portions of food at Quad Hotel "hash house go go". The best taco stuffed with fish at "Margaritaville", The best happy hour Tall Drinks at "Señor Frog" at "Treasure Island" (Jeremy the bartender made AWESOME drinks) and of course catch the bus (Deuce) to Fremont St. for a great time. We LOVE Vegas.

Fredonia, New York
90 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,761 helpful votes
“`Top of the list”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Have been playing here every trip for last 20 yrs. and enjoyed every minute. Have stayed here because it is probably the luckiest casino in town, at least for us. Nice mix of slots and craps is probably best in town. Last trip 1 of the dealers (Dave) even remembered me from years ago! Staff and dealers are among friendliest and well-versed job-wise in the whole city. They have a karaoke night and the outside bar has flare bartenders for your entertainment. It's always packed, if that's a clue to the level of enjoyment of tourists and locals alike! Highly recommend.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank craig f
Penticton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Harrah's Las Vegas Hotel safes ( Not safe)”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed at Harrah's from October 20 to 24 ,2013 --room 1510. When I got there I counted all my money ( 3 times to make sure the $$ did not stick together ) to see what my losses or hopefully my winnings would be in the end . You need to do that because you can try to keep tabs in your head and never really know . I only played poker only and each time I left the table I won (Total 550.00 .)
The last day I lost a 100$ sports bet and 300.00 on Poker ( luck ran out ) The night before leaving I re counted my money and it was $1000.00 short . Someone had gotten in the safe while I was not there . I have called security and they said it will take a while for someone to get back to me. I don't suspect I was robbed I KNOW i was . I will never trust another hotel safe unless it is behind a front desk. All they need is a 2000 dollar decoder and 5 minutes of their time. I'm told if it is an inside thief they do not take all the money so as to not raise an alarm . If you stay at Harrahs keep your money very close to you or only take out of the cash machine what you need each day or several times a day . HARRAH'S HAS A THIEF ON THEIR STAFF SO BEWARE. I'll never be able to prove it I know but hopefully someone else won't go through what I did I have some idea what it feels like to be raped . Your angry and hurt EVEN THOUGH YOU DID everything to protect yourself .

On the positive side I found the staff to be courteous and friendly and the room was clean and quiet. i WAS HAVING A GREAT TIME THERE UNTIL THIS HAPPENED.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank canuckpapa
TotalServiceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Casino at Harrah's Las Vegas, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your visit. We truly appreciate your feedback and the opportunity for us to improve our service. We apologize that your experience does not reflect our commitment to guest service. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to send us an email at http://czr.bz/148UP5y. We do hope you will stay with us again.