“Probably a lot nicer than going to Venice for it!”

Gondola Rides at the Venetian
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We were in Vegas for our 30th anniversary and I was determined to take a gondola ride. We had no line to wait in at all. We paid the $60 for a private ride and bought the pictures they took of us. Our gondeliar had an amazing voice. Of course, the views were beautiful in the hotel, but I just closed my eyes and enjoyed his songs. WOW! My husband did this for me, but even he agreed the singing was amazing - although I think he was a little embarrassed with everyone looking at us. I loved it! Wish it lasted longer - but I loved it so much I spent way too much in the shop. I had to have the singing stuffd gondeliar dog, the gondeliar striped shirt, and the Christmas ornament - oh yeah - the 2 pens and......... well - you get my drift.

There are newer reviews for Gondola Rides at the Venetian

Reviewed January 12, 2013

We went on our anniversary and it was very romantic - bit pricey if you want a private ride (just the two of you). We took the outside ride when it was freezing outside but it was still great. I heard that the inside ride is better because the gondolier sings a love song that sounds better inside and I would agree. There was outside entertainment that day, so she could only sing in the last few seconds of our ride although she had a FANTASTIC voice and it was beautiful, she was still in competition with the guy who was performing on stage.

1  Thank Jane S
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We had dinner at a restaurant in the shopping mall and sat against the waterway watching the gondola's drift by. We thought how fun and romantic...or at least I did, my husband just smiled and agreed. We looked into the rides and realized you could do inside or outside and opted to do an outside ride thinking it would be better. Well...there was nothing wrong with the ride or service; it just wasn't anything special and seemed to last much shorter than the inside rides. Our gondolier connoisseur was friendly, funny, chatty and sang romantic French songs. I am glad we did it but next time will try the inside tour or splurge for the real deal in Venice!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I went on this ride with a friend and we shared it with another couple. My experience was instantly ruined by the obnoxious gondolier who made racial and borderline racist comments. I had to stop myself from saying anything back because I didn't want to ruin the other couples ride. The Venetian should be embarrassed they hired this person.

1  Thank QueenS91
Reviewed January 7, 2013

A different but fun experience while in Vegas. Me and my wife took a shared gondola ride with another couple and it costed us USD 40 per couple. The setting is romantic wherein your gondola travels through the artificial indoor waterway inside the mall under a Blue-sky ceiling.
The drivers are very friendly and sing 2 romantic songs for the couples. They also crack some jokes.
We enjoyed the 15 min ride and also the photographs that they took of us as a souvenir. The crowds in the mall do watch you, so it is kinda funny too. But overall, a good small trip which is one of a kind. Enjoy it!

Been to Gondola Rides at the Venetian? Share your experiences!