“Brilliant”

Book In Advance
More Info
$288.99*
and up
Richard Petty Driving Experience at Las Vegas...
More attraction details
Owner description: Take the wheel or ride along at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We treated my father in law to this experience for his retirement present, my partner went to watch him and ended up driving to he really enjoyed it, he went 150mph but said he wanted t go faster but couldn't as he was following the pace car. He would do it again though as he enjoyed it.

1  Thank Sophie M
All reviews
"rookie experience"
in 38 reviews
"las vegas motor speedway"
in 23 reviews
in 12 reviews
"birthday present"
"awesome experience"

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Although on the expensive side, you without a doubt must do this. I did both the ride along and the rookie experience where I drove 8 laps. It was one of the best experiences of my life. My only disappointment, it went by too quickly.
My pro drivers Robert and Jenny made me feel very safe and comfortable. I will without a doubt do this again!!!

1  Thank Treycb
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I both did the Ride Along during Nascar weekend. What we didn't like was confusion at the beginning. We were told to meet at the Lost and Found. But there were was no signage anywhere saying Richard Petty Driving Experience. And we were told to be at the lost and found at 4:30. Wow at 4:20 we went to the lost and found and there were HUNDREDS of people waiting in a long line. Some were in the line for the Neon Garage, confusion where to stand because there was no signage anywhere. A lady was at the front that we went and talked to and she said Neon Garage people were not suppose to be in that line (but who could know) and for us to just wait in it. Almost 5:20 when we finally got to the front to sign our papers then down to the raceway to wait til those couple hundred people got their turn on the track. BUT once we were down there the excitment from the track was great. It was dark before our turn came but the ride was so exciting it was worth it. The staff down there are so friendly and nice and very organized. 7 people went at one time. I ended up being in the front car with my husband behind me and all others behind him. It is thrilling. I COULDN"T wipe the smile off my face the whole time. As soon as we were done my husband said we're buying everything. So we bought the two Video's ($50 each) and the two plaques ($34 each). My husband video is cool because each video has two camera's in it. One on the driver and Passenger and one with a front view of your ride. So my husbands video has my car in his front view. Pretty neat. JUst loved it and even though we were tired from waiting afew hours on our feet.... it was well worth it.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

While the ride along was a blast once you got to actually do it and not just stand in one lineup after another, doing it on a race weekend was not the best idea. Here is what they don't tell you until after you book the experience. Reality is on race weekend you have to be there before 2 PM when all the entrance roads are turned to exits. There is no place to sit and wait or eat unless you buy tickets to the race as well. Do not wait until 1/2 hr before your appt time to get in line to check in, go before the race is over and get in line and you will wait! A really long time when you are standing on cement. Your appt time has nothing to do with when you will go or when you will check in, they do not limit the amount of participants and they can do it at race day and not by reservation at all. we waited until 45 min before our scheduled time and should have gotten in line long before then. In line for check in for over an hour, 40 min of which the line never moved as they weren't checking anybody in yet. Then we finally got to go over to the pit only to get in line for over an hour again, your appt time and what number you were at check in have nothing to do with when you will go. Oh and there are no refunds! only a credit good for one year. Otherwise people will cancel out during the lineups!

1  Thank gillesph