“Never thought I'd enjoy this”

Richard Petty Driving Experience
Las Vegas Richard Petty Ride Along Experience
$289.99*
Richard Petty Driving Experience
More attraction details
Owner description: Take the wheel or ride along at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I got the chance to participate in the rookie driving experience as part of a work group. Prior to arriving at the track, I was somewhat indifferent about driving a race car. Wow have things changed! The entire staff was professional, but engaging and funny at the same time. Took a while to get us on the track due to a group in front of us, but once we were there it almost went too quickly! I don't drive a manual, so got a truck push start. My in-car instructor, Art, was fantastic at calming my nerves and pushing me to go faster. What a rush it was. I can't say enough about this experience, do it if you can!!

There are newer reviews for Richard Petty Driving Experience

Reviewed February 26, 2013

First off, I was not the driver, My husband was. But He does not use the internet so here we are. We purchased the Rookie Experience for my husband, which covers the 45 instruction lesson, and then eight laps around the track. I was a little nervous that Hubs would plaster himself against a wall, but a professional driver sits in the passenger seat, with some kind of horsepower limiter if you happen to be crazy. Hubs says the important thing He learned in the class was when and where to put on the gas and that the steering wheel is designed to go through the turns but you will have to pull the wheel hard on the straightaways. As a spouse its comforting to see the helmet, and the H.A.N.S. put in place before they climb in the vehicle. As the driver, its cool to give the thumbs up to your wife and kids before you take off. (Bring electronics for the kidlets) For the Record, Hubs had a BMW M Roadster for a time, and has a speeding ticket to prove that he drove 140 miles per hour. But a race car is a different experience. After the warm up lap, the racing coach next to him said "Okay, put on the gas." And my hubs brain said "Uh, no." In the end He get some pretty respectable numbers, which were printed out at the end. He also got a certificate, and we ponied up for the deluxe plaque. Truly a neat way to spend the day, and best of all He didn't die.

2  Thank ClineFam
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Apart from the WW2 V12 Merlins, IMO, NOTHING sounds better than a High horsepower V8 at full noise!
If you love anything to do with Motorsport, fast cars, V8's (and for all Australians, going as fast as you dare without a speed camera every half mile) THIS IS A MUST DO EXPERIENCE.

Bugger the cost (it is expensive), this was by far the best driving experience I've had in a very long time!

The whole experience, starting with the very friendly and courteous pick up driver from hotel, the staff at the track, the driving instructors, all superb! This superb service is extended to guests of "drivers", and my wife, as a spectator only also thoroughly loved the trip out to the Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

(Thanks to the Drive Petty team at Vegas: Christian, Corrie, DeAnn, my instructor - Mark, Bob, and rest of the crew for a great time)

About to be viewing Vegas in the rear view mirror. Looking forward to doing it all again when I get to Orlando later in our trip.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I booked this experience for my boyfriend's birthday and he told me later it was his best present! We got excellent attention and even those of us who just came to watch got involved with the tour and chatting to the team. It was a cold day when we went but they made sure that the car and tyres were warmed up properly so that the boys got the best experience possible. We didn't feel rushed at all and had a good laugh with all the engineers. My boyfriend absolutely loved his laps and they offered a video and photos afterwards at a reasonable price including a really lovely plaque which was a great souvenir.

1  Thank MkeMushroom
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Very expensive but one of the biggest thrills you can have.i have had lots of motoring experiences but this one tops the lot.the whole package was very professional put it on your bucket list

1  Thank Davekovacs