“VALLEY OF FIRE TOUR- THE BEST THING I DID IN VEGAS”

Desert Fox Hummer Tours
Athens, Georgia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“VALLEY OF FIRE TOUR- THE BEST THING I DID IN VEGAS”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I took the Valley of Fire Hummer tour with Richard from Desert Fox. The tour was slated for 1 pm. Richard picked us up promptly at 1pm. There were five people in our party and we fit into the Hummer nicely and comfortably. Richard allowed us to get out and ramble and take unlimited pictures at each stop at the Valley of Fire. He provided water for each of us which was helpful as the desert is very dry for those of us not used to the climate. Overall, it was an awesome experience and the Valley of Fire is an impressive place. Do yourself a favor when in Vegas, take the tour of the Valley, it is worth every dime you will spend.

Visited September 2013

Quebec
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Could not have been more accommodating!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I wanted my son and I to see some scenery while in Las Vegas. Richard at Desert Fox couldn't have been more accommodating! No one else signed up for the tour, and I was worried they would cancel it. Nope, no problem. We had Richard and his yellow hummer all to ourselves. He let us take our time and wander all we liked. We never felt rushed. Richard made it a fun day for us both.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Quebec_Yankee
in MA
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fun & variety”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I took the Desert Safari tour to Goldsprings, NV. Richard was on time, pleasant about asking to change me to an afternoon tour so he could combine people, and very conscious about keeping our group safe during our adventures. He went out of his way to explain everything from why we needed to kick the rocks first before picking one up to how other not responsible tourists have ruined the mine exploration experiences due to them not listening to their guides. The Pioneer Saloon visit was great and the memoribilia wonderful to see. Although Richard was responsible and did not drink, he allowed those who wished to have a beer, to do so before we left. The group had not had a chance to see the famous iconic Las vegas Welcome sign and he drove us there to get pictures as well, which was not part of our tour. A great day trip with a great guy-Thanks Richard!

Visited September 2011
1 Thank K C
Ingersoll, Canada
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Be cautious - your planned trip may get cancelled”
Reviewed June 10, 2011

On June 7, 2011, I had planned an excursion using Desert Fox to the Grand Canyon. I had booked the tour a month in advance; had confirmed everything was good to go the Wednesday before; was assured by Richard that of course everything was good but to call the day before. So I did call the day before and was told that the tour was cancelled. When I asked why, I was told of equipment failure. Sorry but I did not buy this explanation. I suspect that the tour could not be fully filled. Regardless, in my opinion, I would consider this tour not to be reliable or dependable. So, a word of caution.

Visited June 2011
2 Thank eddibow
Gloucester, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Can't wait to take another Desert Fox tour!”
Reviewed March 29, 2011

During my first trip to Las Vegas, I took the Desert Fox tour by Hummer to Lake Mead, the Boulder Dam and Grand Canyon. It was wonderful. We left at 7 a.m. and didn't return until 4:30 p.m. The scenery was fabulous. Richard, the tour operator, was very accommodating and offered lots of interesting information. It was well worth the cost.

Visited March 2011