“Desperate need of renovations.”

Circus Circus Midway
Ranked #122 of 289 Fun & Games in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Part of the Circus Circus Resort and the Adventure Dome, the Midway surrounds the circus stage where free acts perform. You can play old-fashioned fair games and win prizes. Or visit the video arcade with 200 games.
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

It looked as though certain areas of this hotel were being renovated but there's a lot needed to be accomplished. There's a musty smell overall and it seems a lot out of tune from he more modern hotels. Great place for families with children however. The indoor rides were $27 for a day pass. Rides for various ages but not long rides and not enough hoice for the price. Only saw a few stores and there was one area in the middle that had circus performers every half hour or so. The couple we saw doing floor routine were quite good. The casino wasn't very big but just before went left we tried to play to win a car and literally almost won one!!! Got so excited and had fun with that.

1  Thank tanyasm
in 4 reviews
"stage"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Check on how much you gonna spend in cabs before u decide to stay away from the centre.
The place needs an urgent care, the rooms although have a great view have very dirty windows, and seems like the house of the ones who lost the fortune and couldn't keep maintaining the groomed.
It's not.a place where one wants to hang out, the feeling is decay.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We had a lot of fun. The games are very reasonably priced. Some are if you play you win so that is great for the kids.
Very family friendly and very fun!
Can't wait to go back.

3  Thank mrs40
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Okay... I have been visiting Vegas for a long time even before I was old enough to gamble. As a minor, you learn all the places that are geared for the under 21 crowd. Circus Circus midway is that place. Now that I am in my late 30s, I have a young child. I returned to my adolescence by visiting the Circus Circus Midway this past June. Wow. It has changed but not really, know what I mean? First of all, be ready to catch a strong whiff of the smoke when you enter the hotel. It is an older property so it needs to be renovated. Don't say I didn't warn you!! If you are a smoker, than disregard my warning.

Signage inside the casino directs you to the Midway area. My 6 year old could not wait to get up there. I had to tell him not to stay out of certain areas because all the slot machines with their lights and sounds are very tempting to a six year old. When we arrive to the Midway escalators it was like I was in a time warp of my youth. It is still the same midway from way back when. They have the free circus acts which last about 15 minutes. Kids and seniors love this. Okay let's move on.

They have all the typical fair/ amusement park games (I am a former amusement park employee back during my college days) so no surprises. But... be ready to drop some cash. The games are a little overpriced and it adds up quickly. Really? Skeeball one dollar? Anyhow, some games are $2 or $3 (or more) a game depending what you are playing. I was disappointed to see this because it is older and needs renovation. I wouldn't mind paying this premium if it was like a Dave and Buster's. So we stayed for about an hour and a half and blew through $40 bucks rather quickly. The free show saved me from spending more money.

The one thing I did notice that in the video game area, it was properly staffed so if you lose a dollar in a game, they do give you refunds and you don't have to chase down the cleaning people so they don't have to radio someone. I did find that those games that issue tickets are kind of tight. I've been to some places where the games are generous with their tickets but not at Circus Circus. After blowing through the $40 bucks, my son ended up with a tootsie roll and some cheap plastic car. While I had to drag my son out of the midway area because I should of blown my $40 bucks on a roulette table or played some poker slots, it was a new experience for him.

I will add to another comment by another poster and yes, staff in the Midway looked bored and unhappy with their jobs. There is probably not a lot of focus of promoting good customer service in an old midway unlike an amusement park but hey maybe Circus Circus executives will read these comments on Tripadvisor and make some changes. Anyhow, I don't plan to return unless I really have to but I would rather visit Chuck E Cheese in Henderson and not have to deal with the smoke and run down scenery. Please, please at least update your carpet Circus Circus and get a strong ventilation system in their. It would certainly help the ambiance.

3  Thank onedeesse