“Excellent hotel”
Review of Hotel Galaxy

Hotel Galaxy
Ranked #211 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed there for one night with a friend and it was perfect for our needs. The room had two double beds with a large tv, sofa, kitchen room and bathroom. It was quite small and the lay out was strange however it was just what we needed. The free fridge and microwave came in very handy, the shower was fully functional and the beds were very comfortable. The free wifi worked very well and the receptionist was very helpful. The breakfast in the morning was also very good, some cake snacks and fresh fruit.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank willowclose

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I have enjoyed staying at the Stay Suites. There price was what initially brought me to them. The service is outstanding. The employees will do anything in their power to make yor stay more comfortable. All you have to do is ask. I paid a weekly rate which includes maid service once a week. However, anytime I needed towels, or sheets, or garbage bags...all I had to do was ask and they handled my request promptly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who would like to stay near the strip and yet don't want to pay outrageous prices. The rooms are spacious and updated with a refrigerator and microwave. And they have free hi-speed wifi.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank john h
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed there for two nights. Two queen beds with a sofa, microwave and fridge provided. Toiletries were not fully available in the room when we arrived. We had partial soap, shampoo bottle and toilet paper. Had to specifically ask for it the next morning. Guess they expected us to use other occupants left overs :-( Place lacked hygiene with red stains on shower curtain, comforter, lamp and towel. Also saw a couple of crickets and other insect in the room. Not sure if the towels provided were well washed as we found strand of hair on them and stain and blotches too. Only plus point is the free parking and location within driving distance to the strip. Coffee/pastry/fruits were provided for breakfast but you have to be early - the pastries finish fast and are not replenished.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Nitin75
Reviewed August 4, 2012

For only $40 for three, we had a perfectly adequate night. The room was large enough with two queen beds, a slightly lumpy couch, and a nice TV. It was roasting when we entered, but cooled quickly once we got the A/C on. Three complaints
1. At check-in, the very nice, but chatty and slowish clerk photocopied my ID and credit card. I don't like photocopies in places like this. Who knows who will see it.
2. The bathroom floor was not clean around the toilet. Unidentifiable crud. Smelled fine, but nasty. Rest of the room was fine. Towels and shower and wash area were clean.
3. The beds did not have fitted bottom sheets and the flat sheet on it pulled out and wrapped around my feet. Hate that.
Anyway, it was nice enough and a decent price. Believe them when they say breakfast snacks, not breakfast. We got a Hostess cinnamon roll each. Off to some real breakfast!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This place is a good walk from Tropicana, there are NO places to eat nearby unless you head to Tropicana, and you better have a car, cause there are no bus stops nearby. I was in Room 104, it had one deadbolt lock, no other locks, nothing that make you feel secure inside, or that your belongings would be safe if you left. The area itself is isolated (desolate?), especially on that side of the motel. The room did look like it was recently renovated, however, the only outlets I could find were located 5' up the side of the wall. When I got up in the morning and tried the shower, there was no water. I had an early am plane to catch, so just left, told the front desk about the no water, and she made no effort to make a proper adjustment. I saw no bugs inside. There is NO reason to stay here mid-week, plenty of other options to find low cost lodging elsewhere that's WAY better. If you're bent to stay here when rates on high in Las Vegas on Fri and Sat, lower your expectations, lower them again. Not sure how many other motels this place has been in the past, I'd opt for the Motel 6 just up the street if you're really thinking about this place...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank randix
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Wow, all I can say is Ive never been treated so horribly by a business in my life. The room its self was actually really nice for a cheap hotel - but the service was absolutely terrible. I called a few days in advance to check the rates for one night and the woman on the phone said it would be $59, but as i looked on their website and it was $49 for the same room. I booked online at THEIR WEBSITE and entered my credit card info. I arrived at the hotel to check in at 3:00 and they started to tell me they were sold out. I pulled out my confirmation number and receipt of my booking. They kept me waiting for 20 min and then told me it would be $89!!! I was so outraged and when i asked to speak to a manager all the lady could tell me was "take it or leave it, we are sold out". I had no other option because all we could afford was a cheap hotel!

This hotel needs new employees and some integrity!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank Stefani M
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Had a microwave, fridge, air-conditioning worked well. Wouldn't want to spend a week here, but it was great to save some weekend money.

When I wanted to call the front desk the phone in the room didn't work and cord pulled out of the wall, so I had to call with my cell phone in order to get the wi-fi password.

Old locks on the doors, but otherwise would stay again if needing to save a few bucks.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple