“Sunday night's place to be”

Gilley's Saloon, Dance Hall & Bar-B-Que
Ranked #437 of 4,868 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Pub, Grill
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Strip
Description: Finger licking BBQ, cold beer, and the Gilley Girls! This is the reincarnation and modern evolution of the famed honky-tonk, cowboy (and cowgirl) saloon and dance hall from Texas.Gilley’s Saloon, Dance Hall & Bar-B-Que features views of the world-famous Las Vegas Strip with access from both inside the Treasure Island casino and a newly constructed bridge in front of the Song ship featured in the Sirens of TI® show.Gilley’s BBQ has a live action show kitchen, custom saddle seats at the saloon bar, and service from the world-famous Gilley Girls.
Winnipeg, Canada
“Sunday night's place to be”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Gilley's always features a good atmosphere and seldom will you have to deal with the over packed nature of some of the local bars. However, this one holds a special place in my heart for sunday nights, but I will get to that in a moment.

Throughout the week the excitement level will vary at this location, dependent upon the crowd, live entertainment and number of folks brave enough to take on the bull. Personally, its pretty far from where I usually stay so I prefer to go for Sunday's Bikini Bull Riding contest.

Sunday night is incredibly fun because of this. The competition typically starts around 10pm and goes until they finish, with several rounds and breaks in between. Girls who are signing up for this can expect cash prizes if they win. They should also expect to be asked to strip down to their bikini or underwear for their rides, and as it is Vegas do not be surprised if some photos get snapped. (Not that I agree with that part, I simply observed it happening.) The cash prize the nights I was there was $200, but I hear it varies and can go higher.

As far as drinks go, you can expect the standard ~$7 beer but they often have a featured spirit on 2-for-1. They can give you this in one glass, or two drinks instead, as you request it.

Enjoy a good time here everyone!

• Visited August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Guildford, England, United Kingdom
“Two distinct personalities”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Visited about 8pm on a Saturday night.

We were given a pager as there was a 15 minute wait for tables. We went to the saloon bar, where there was line dancing, a mechanical bull and the waitresses were dressed in bikinis and leather chaps. It had a lively and fun feel to it.

When we went through to the front restaurant on the strip, it felt entirely different. Much less fun. Just a country and western themed restaurant.

Our waitress was friendly and attentive, and the food was standard fare. $105 for 4 people, so not cheap in my opinion.

Nothing to write home about though.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Ed L
San Antonio, Texas
“Disappointed”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We decided to try the Gilley's BBQ since it was in our hotel and we were too tired to venture out too far. It was around 4pm and the place was not crowded at all. The service was great but the food was nothing special. The sweet potato fries were over cooked and the BBQ sliders would have been better if the buns had been fresher. The beer was served in a flimsy plastic cup which was kind of cheesy. The BBQ beef was great. We must have been there on an off day and will give it another try. We visit Vegas very often. : )

• Visited October 2012
Mississauga, Canada
“Loved the flat iron steak!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Gilley's service was fast and the food was yummy. I especially enjoyed the flat iron steak and croutons (tasted a little like shortbread cookies).

Visited August 2013
Ohio
“Disgusting RIbs !!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Let me start by saying I didn't physically dine at Gilleys , but the wife brought some ribs back for my tasting (yuck). Tough and coated in a disgusting honey smoked sauce, with a overwhelming taste of liquid smoke. I don't believe their will be a second purchase from this establishment !!

• Visited August 2013