“Old school Italian”
Review of Il Mulino

Il Mulino
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Mulino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #250 of 4,821 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: The Strip
Cross street: Las Vegas Blvd
Atlanta, Georgia
“Old school Italian”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Great dinner.... Get the Bronzino! Wine list is pricey - service was wonderful , a nice dinner for couples or groups ... Round tables for 6 or 10-12 makes a great night

Visited January 2013

san diego
“We loved all the extra's”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The service was outstanding! The food was very good! The extra's are what makes this restaurant stand out. Before we where even brought a menu we had drinks and appetizers brought, cheese, assorted bread, bruschetta.... even an after dinner grappa. We loved it!

• Visited January 2013
Charlotte, NC
“Expensive? Yes, but outstanding”
Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Went with a large group of friends on a guys trip. Yes this place is very expensive, but it was outstanding. Great service, great food, wonderful experience.

Everything we had was great. Don't go here if you are on a budget. Go here if you want great food and service.

los angeles
“Overpriced, not worth it”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

(Disclaimer: I lost my iphone pic so all the prices are approximate)
I looked up many reviews to decide where to dine on our Christmas trip to Vegas. Well...

For all the splendid reviews. Yes, the food was pretty good. But "good" in the sense that any decent restaurant in LA or NY can live up to it. (I have attended culinary school, cook Italian regularly, been to Italy multiple times, and habitually splurge on Italian restaurants).

And it's true we were pleasantly greeted with bread, fried zucchini, salami, a big chunk of cheese, all the good stuff.

But even taking into account this is Vegas, the price was just not reasonable. A glass of Dolcetto was like $18. In fact any glass of wine was more than $14. The waiter rattled off specials, and I ordered their "signature", ravioli stuffed with wild mushrooms.

It was $58!!! There was no truffle shaving on the plate. No one mentioned what kind of (golden? extinct?) wild mushrooms were in these suckers, nor the price. The presentation was...8 big raviolis floating in rich cream sauce. Just like my husband's veal Marsala (which was like $34), it looked like Grandma's Italian food, homey but no fancy presentation. Even I put chives on my chicken Marsala at home.

All desserts were like $16 or $18. We had the zabaglione, again tasted like something you can get at Il Fornaio.

I am not sure why it received so many positive reviews.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank turtlemeng
Toronto, Canada
“Always a great meal”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have been to Il Mulino several times over many years. I love the cheese the table gets once you sit down. I always ask for more. The first time a long time ago I ordered the rigatoni bolognaise and every time since going back I order the same thing. Yes...I should try other things... At least I try different appetizers (love the langoustines last time). My wife thought the the lamb was excellent and my son loved the steak. For dessert, I always et the oranges (crazy good), which is meant for 2 and if I can share great, but if not I'll eat it all (it is fruit after all). The tiramisu also great (wife loved it). Never had a bad meal and everybody that has ever been with me have said they enjoyed their meal.

• Visited December 2012