“Smells great, only on the first 2 days.”

Tahiti Vacation Club
Ranked #67 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Melbourne, Australia
“Smells great, only on the first 2 days.”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Ok my first impressions where great and if I had based my stay on those 2 days I would give this place a 5 dot rating, but we stayed here for 6 nights.
Staff nice enough but they weren't go getters. Management non responsive.

As always I do the pro's first then the con's.

So here are the pro's very spacious for a 2 bedroom suite, kitchen for it's age (don't actually know how old it is) was very well maintained, appliances in great order had all you needed for a self contained stay. Loved the fact that we had our own laundry facilities in the suite.
Both rooms had King beds and plenty of plates and cutlery to eat on.
The pools where great pity about the weather so we only enjoyed them for 2 days.
The shuttle to a fro was great!
There is no room service unless you stay for 7 nights or more. However there where ample towels ect. for our duration.

The con's.
After the 2nd night we noticed in the morning a odd smell in the room our kids where staying in ( having to close the windows over night so they could get to bed at a reasonable time because of the loud annoying music the hotel insisted on playing around the pool area till 11pm) we discovered that their room smelt of old stale cigarette smell.
So the fresh aroma we smelt upon arrival was a big cover up for the foul smell that usually stagnates.
I know I am being harsh know but I feel ripped off, this persisted for the whole duration of the stay, however we did notice the spray or chemical they used to cover the smell had some kind of reaction with fresh air and after a day airing out it was fine for the evening sleep only to return in the morning (the only way to get old tobacco smoke out is to replace the OLD DATED CARPETS no rocket scientist need's to figure that out.
The weekend arrived and with that another problem surfaced the thickness of the walls between us and next door neighbours, we as well as they I am sure could here our whole conversation with absolute clarity.

Ok lets talk about the pre-set music, it comes on at around 8am and it dose not end till 11pm so yes lets do the maths, 15hours of repetitive music around the pool area all day long, 7 days a week I don't think management are even around, this is pure torture.
I know they are trying to amulet 'Tahiti' but have these guys actually been?

One other thing that got up our noses was the lack of internet connection this was awful non existent and very important to us as we are on a some what of a sabbatical with our children we need this for them to continue their studies, we approached front desk staff but nothing was done day in day out the manager seemed to be out each time we enquired frustrating!!!

Would I stay there again no, it also is not that close to strip but it dose have that shuttle.

Room Tip: I don't think this place is design very well there are a few rooms facing the pool area however...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Majak168
drenzi, Manager at Tahiti Vacation Club, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for staying at Tahiti Vacation Club. We are glad you found our accommodations spacious and well maintained. We are happy our complimentary shuttle service to the Strip was a convenience. We strive to provide our guests with exceptional accommodations and service. We would like to learn more about your experience. Please contact us at 800-775-8463. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Off the strip. Wonderful pool. Condos with full kitchen, w/d, large bath. Suttle to strip. Wonderful resort. Great people. Romantic. But also good for families. Would live there if I could.

First time at resort.

Room Tip: Over looking pool...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing this generous review of your stay at Tahiti Vacation Club. We hope to welcome you back soon for your second visit!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The pictures do not really do this place justice, it is actually very pretty and the suite we stayed in was really nice. The staff is really friendly and the price was right, and I would like to note that everything was clean. We found no roaches, and were very satisfied. The staff was very accomidating, helping us even though we were extrememly early for check in and had a late night flight the day we checked out. The only reason why this hotel did not get a 5, was because upon our departure the staff working the front desk was extremely rude, which was suprising because everyone else was great!! The shuttle to the strip is a nice ammenity, however the last shuttle of the night is at 11:30 pm or at 1:30 am on Fridays and Saturdays. The only other downfall was lack of wi-fi, but we could make do without it.

Room Tip: The two bedroom suite was very nice. It has a full kitchen and was stocked with bakeware, glasses...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank sillymeggles
drenzi, Manager at Tahiti Vacation Club, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for staying at Tahiti Village. We are happy our resort exceeded your expectations. We are glad our staff was friendly, and that everything was clean. We are certainly surprised by your experience with our front desk staff upon your departure, and would like to look further into this. Please contact us at 800-775-8463 to discuss at your convenience. We hope you will return soon!
Trenton, Canada
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed in April of this year and we had a good time so we stayed here again in October. October 12th to 17th to be exact.
We had the one bedroom suite, same as last time. I requested an early check-in and I wasn't surprised when we got there around noon and no rooms were clean yet. No problem, went to The Orleans Casino which is a two minute drive east from Tahiti and had lunch and then to the grocery store which is a major intersection west of Tahiti for some room supplies.
Came back at 2 PM and were checked in to room 116 as promised.
When we first get into a hotel room we basically tear it apart looking for signs of bedbugs. I am happy to report none were found. We even take the headboard off and none were found. There was an insect behind the headboard but definitely not a bed bug.
The one sitting chair in the bedroom had quite a bit of dust that collected between the cushion and the armrest which was kind of disappointing as the first room we stayed was spotless.
The suite was well appointed with a large screen TV in both the bedroom and the living room. A fully equipped kitchen with a full size refrigerator, stove and dishwasher. We also had a small washer and dryer in the room.
The problem started when we noticed a cockroach in the kitchen. I told one of the workers and I was told that cockroaches were a problem in the hotel. He said that they would spray when we left the room for the day. When we got back, a note was left in our kitchen saying they were there that day and sprayed.
I kept an eye out for roaches the rest of our stay and none showed up till later in the week. One showed up from under the couch and one from somewhere in the kitchen. I went to the front desk and they were very supportive and offered to move us. We declined, but sealed up our suit cases and bagged all of our clothes. We shook out everything before we came home and washed and dried right away upon our return home. It's been 10 days since we got home and I haven't seen one yet.
Tahiti is a quiet place to stay in Vegas, well away from busy and noisy Strip.
The only complaint I had other then the roaches was the pool music. It is playing all the time, even during the night when no one is using the pool area. They did turn it down when I called the front desk to complain when we tried to sleep. We keep the window open for some fresh air in the room when we sleep so the music was not appreciated.
There is no dining options at Tahiti, but there is a Denny's, a Quizno's and a Papa John Pizzeria which made the worst pizza I have ever had when we picked one up for dinner one night.
There is no Gambling either, but The Orleans is very close.

Room Tip: If driving, be careful when turning right on to West Tropicana out of the property.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
drenzi, Manager at Tahiti Vacation Club, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for returning to Tahiti. We appreciate your feedback and generous rating. While it is good to know your thorough inspection yielded no bed bugs, we are disappointed to learn of your other encounter. We apologize that you were subjected to it. Our comprehensive pest control service has had a great track record of keeping bugs at bay. We are happy you have had no issues upon returning home. We hope your experience here hasn’t negatively colored your perception and that you will consider another visit in the future.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I travel quite a bit, and have stayed at Tahiti before and let me say that this will be the last time I stay there. The resort itself is okay, but the front desk staff is childish, unprofessional, and have no sense of common courtesy whatsoever. The girl in the morning did nothing but give me attitude. The two younger girls were absolutely horrible. They were running around the lobby like little children as the phones were ringing and I was standing at the front desk waiting to ask a question. Then when they finally decided to come back to the desk, I was given nothing but attitude like I had just killed their fun. Then when speaking with the male manager, it was like speaking to a wall who liked to roll their eyes and make me feel like I was stupid. I don't feel that that's the way you should be treated when you go stay somewhere, especially from someone in management. The only person who was nice to me was Alli. She worked at night mostly, but was the only one to help me out with no attitude whatsoever. Thank you
Alli. This was my first time back in about a year, and the staff they had the last time I was there was amazing and always very helpful with big smiles, but this time around.....I would definitely consider never coming back if that's how I'm going to be treated.

• Stayed October 2013
5 Thank LifeInTheAir
drenzi, Manager at Tahiti Vacation Club, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for visiting Tahiti Vacation Club. We regret we did not meet your expectations. To learn that we offered something less than friendly and professional customer service on your last visit is a disappointment. We can assure you the behavior you describe is not typical of our resort staff. Our district general manager will contact you shortly to discuss your experience in greater detail. In the meantime we hope you will accept our sincerest apology.
Virginia
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We are owners at the Tahiti Village resort on Las Vegas Blvd; so when I learned of thier sister resort we decided to check it out (Tahiti Village was sold out). Tahiti Vacation Club is a $30 cab ride from the strip (with tip). The shuttle buses from the airport wont even go out to Tahiti Vacation Club because it is REALLY far from the strip! There is no bar onsite which was a huge bummer, and there is litterally nothing there but the hotel (no restaurant, no casino, nothing). I would say the average age at Tahiti Vacation Club is 75, and their daily activities are perfect for them...walking club, pool arobics, etc. The chubby girl at the front desk was SUPER rude and disrepectful to other customers. But both of the younger guys at the front desk were really nice. The shuttle bus only runs until midnight so we had to pay for a taxi every night to get back to the hotel. The rooms are really run down and both our room and our friends room had the hot/cold water mixed around which was annoying. Tahiti Village Resort is a way better place to stay. We will definitely not be back to Tahiti Vacation Club!

Room Tip: stay on the strip or at Tahiti Village Resort on Las Vegas Blvd
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank k_scham
drenzi, Manager at Tahiti Vacation Club, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
We greatly appreciate your taking the time to review your stay at Tahiti Vacation Club. We regret to learn your experience did not live up to your expectations. We are committed to providing our guests with exceptional service and accommodations. We would like to learn more about your particular concerns. Please contact us at 800-775-8463. Thank you.
Long Island NY
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This is our 3rd time staying here and we always leave happy with no complaints. Many people confuse this property with their sister property Tahiti Village on Las Vegas Blvd. This is not Tahiti Village. This property is located on W. Tropicana Ave, a short distance from the strip. It's a quiet 2 building, 3 story hotel/timeshare property. My in laws bought a timeshare unit here and we are so glad they did. Our unit is a 1 king size bedroom with a full kitchen and all utensils, pots, pans. plates, cups etc are included. It has a dishwasher, stove and full fridge. It's a regular size kitchen that is fully equipped for any meal you would like to prepare. A coffee maker, toaster and blender is also included. The unit also has as small washer and dryer. During our stay we had housekeeping come in to our room once which is the normal for a week long stay. They dont come in to make the beds and clean your room daily like a hotel. Housekeeping did knock on our door a few times to see if toiletries or towels were needed. They gave us plenty of towels for the week and a change of linens. Our unit had been renovated since we were there. They added flat screen tv's. We did not notice any "stains" on the rugs nor did we look for them. We aren't that type of guest. While in Vegas we aren't the type to spend much time in our room so those minor things dont bug us. What we do like is the convenience of having a full size, fully equipped kitchen and separate bedroom. I get up earlier than my husband and its a pleasure getting up and being able to leave the bedroom and making a pot of coffee without having to wake him or get dressed to go downstairs to get coffee. We also enjoy that this property is off the strip and very quiet. When we have had enough of the strip we have a quiet place to go to. They offer a free shuttle to and from the strip so its very convenient. If you chose to not take the shuttle, one of the front desk staff will call a cab for you. A few times we returned to our room after the shuttle ended around 1am and had to take a cab but it was no biggie. The Tahiti is within walking distance to The Orleans, Walgreens, Denny's, Starbucks, Quiznos, Qdoba Mexian grill, pizza and a few other food choices as well. They also offer a free shuttle to the supermarket about a 2 minute drive up the road. Our unit is always clean and spacious and the beds are comfy. The pool and pool area are great too. Never crowded, pretty quiet and they also have bbq grills if you want to grill some steaks for dinner. We've never done this but I have read they allow you to bring your own alcohol down to the pool area as well. The pools are clean and maintained daily. The staff is friendly and helpful and do everything possible to make your stay a great one. Even If we didnt own a timeshare unit here I would still stay here. My only con was we had a unit on the 2nd floor and our neighbors above us allowed their 3 children to run throughout their room waking us at 8am a few times. That was not the Tahiti's fault and when I mentioned this problem to the front desk person they offered to change our room or call our neighbors to ask them to not allow their kids to run that early in the morning. We opted for them to call our neighbors since we had unpacked and were settled in our room. After that, we didn't hear the kids again. So next time I may request a room on the 3rd floor. Can't wait for our next stay here.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper perhaps a room on the 3rd floor may be good
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sparkly96
drenzi, Manager at Tahiti Vacation Club, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for returning to Tahiti Vacation Club. We are thrilled you always leave happy with no complaints. We are glad you enjoyed the convenience of our condo-style accommodations. We are happy our off-Strip location allowed for a quiet and peaceful experience. We appreciate your compliments about our amenities and staff. We look forward to your return!