“Better than I thought ... was content during our stay”

Tahiti Vacation Club
Ranked #67 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
New York
“Better than I thought ... was content during our stay”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Stayed 4 days (of my 7-day timeshare exchange) at the Tahiti. Was in LV for the first time with my siblings for a wedding. Could have stayed at the strip hotels reserved for wedding guests, but opted to use an Interval timeshare exchange. I did this with bravery as I've had a very bad experience recently with an Interval exchange in Puerto Vallarta. I read reviews on the Tahiti
over and over, checked photos and figured I could give Interval another chance.

Checked in on a quiet Thursday afternoon. I was the only one checking in and got the full and friendly attention of the staff. Good start :) Got a little lost through the "maze" of exiting the main lobby, going around the pool area, then to Building A and up the stairs to find my second floor 1-bedroom unit. Didn't realize there was an elevator somewhere, but no big deal as I just had one relatively light carry-on luggage with me. Building A seems like newly-renovated. Carpeting looked brand new and hallways smelled fresh. Our unit was tidy and welcoming in appointments. Sofa looked new. Dining chairs were not entirely new -- a few stain spots in a couple of chairs, dining table had a few hardly noticeable smudges -- overall, decent and not "yucky" as in the Interval property I stayed at in Puerto Vallarta. Bedroom was fine. Bathroom was good, except that the shower/tub drain would clog as you shower and drain very slowly.

The Tahiti clealy discloses that they don't provide daily housekeeping services, so that helps manage expectations. They only provide mid-stay (mid-week of a 1-week stay) housekeeping
but guests can request replenishment of towels and toilet supply. We were perfectly fine with that being very clean people, who like keeping everything around us clean and tidy by ourselves, anyway. The househeeping staff was very friendly and generous when I asked for replenishments.

Our unit faced the parking lot and the next door condominium property. Perhaps a unit facing the pool would have been better for the "view", but then the trade-off would probably have been noise from the music playing constantly and children playing, if there were. The Tahiti didn't seem full at the time we were there so that wasn't a real issue. At the same time, we were constantly out due to the wedding activities so, we didn't really see how packed the pool area was not did not even get the chance to enjoy the clean and inviting pool! If anything, our unit's location was so convenient as we simply walked out the exit stairway near our unit, went down one flight of step, and out the door right by where our car was parked. Very convenient!
Besides, what spectacular "views" could LV offer anyway? In this case, "view" (or the lack of it)is not at all a negative factor with the Tahiti.

Best of all, the Tahiti's location is so ideal. You're not on the loud, congested strip; yet, close and a short driving distance to the strip and everything else. Next door is a Walgreens, a spa/salon, a few restaurants for a quick meal.

Didn't bother buying WiFi for the room, but just went down the lobby when I needed to print my
boarding tickets for my next-day flight home. We also didn't avail of the freee breakfast just because we had other activities in our itinerary. It was good to have that option though.

Kitchenware was in good shape and very clean -- wine glasses, plates, utensils were clean and not disgusting to use. I am very picky with these things, by the way.

Overall, I was quite happy with the Tahiti and would recommend it. It was a good choice!
Hope they keep it up.

Room Tip: Building A seems recently renovated. Clean and fresh-smelling!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank IamFromNewYork
drenzi, Manager at Tahiti Vacation Club, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
We are happy that your stay at Tahiti exceeded your expectations. We are delighted you received the full and friendly attention of our staff upon your arrival. We are glad you were pleased with our accommodations, and that our location was such a convenience. We appreciate your recommendation and hope you will return soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed for 1 week in a studio suite in June.They allowed me to upgrade to a 1 bedroom at a very reasonable cost, after viewing the 1 bedroom i found the studio would be sufficient. The studio was perfect, very clean,comfortable and quiet. Charles at the front desk was very pleasant and always had a smile, I did not need a car as the shuttle was great for my needs although it would be great if they gave you a little more time to shop for groceries. On Wednesdays they have a BBQ lunch for 5.00. Staff did another great job in providing guest with a great lunch and was a good opportunity to meet with people and express your views of the pros and cons of the property with the manager. I really found no cons to speak of, Maybe you may consider to not offer the free coffee and danish in the morning, especially if some people do not appreciate it and are expecting you to feed them breakfast. Instead maybe you can have fresh watermelon water or cucumber water offered at the front desk area...In closing i found the TAHITI to be a great vacation experience,very relaxing by the pool and enjoyed the wonderful hot tub and yet when you want the intensity of the Vegas strip hop on the shuttle and leave the driving to them... i surely will return and BIG thumbs up to the TAHITI. Keep up the great work. Regarding poor wifi on property, if one can get over having to use your devices for a week or so and relax and enjoy your vacation life may be a little more relaxing for a change,, worked for me, Front desk has free use of a computer if you really need, which i used to print my boarding pass for flight back home. Thanks again Tahiti for providing me a relaxing vacation, Will be back again..Philip

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
drenzi, Manager at Tahiti Vacation Club, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your stay at Tahiti. We are happy our accommodation were perfect. We appreciate your compliments about our staff and our complimentary shuttle service. We are delighted that relaxing at the pool and hot tub allowed for a great vacation experience. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your return!
Providence, Rhode Island, United States
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Went with another couple for a 6 night stay in March.
The rooms were jost ok.
The hot tub was more like a watm tub and the pool was cool, as in cold...
The gas grills did not work and the staff was unhelpful when it came to lettign us back into our room. THe key locks did not work correctly.

All in all just ok.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
drenzi, Manager at Tahiti Vacation Club, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Tahiti Vacation Club. We are committed to providing our guests with exceptional accommodations and service. We will certainly be looking into your concerns. Thank you for your feedback.
Quispamsis, Canada
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed in the Tahiti Vacation Club for three weeks in May/13 and enjoyed this resort and location very much. The staff could not have been better to us. Friendly and helpful. The unit we had was right by a pool on the second floor and was pretty to sit on the little balcony and have a coffee or drink with your book. The pool area has sand at the low end which allows you to put your chair in the water or for little children to play.
We did not find it noisy as everyone was considerate of others. This was the best service we ever had at any resort and we have been members of RCI since 95 and have travelled alot. If you needed anything it was either their before you had to ask for it or the housekeeping staff were knocking to see if you needed anything. We would recommend this resort for sure. It has a shuttle service that will take you down to the Strip on the hour and back on the half hour. You could go to either the Mirage or New York New York. This is more convenient than taking your car as you don't have to bother with parking. The staff will arrange tours and suggest fun things to be sure to take in. They were knowledgeable and efficient. The Orlean's Casino is across the road a bit and has a tasty buffet. (Joint the casino clubs and get a discount for the buffets) We knew that there was also the Tahiti Village and it is bigger and probably has a few more facilities like a lazy river but more people and the road there is very busy so in the end we were happier at the smaller sister resort. Also, the units are being updated with new carpet, flat screen TV's and sofas. This would probably be completed by now and the process did not disturb us at all as they were quiet and selective in the manner they did the changes. We had a unit that was already updated. Mattress was very comfortable. Thanks to the resort and the staff for a great job and a well run and clean resort.

Room Tip: Try to look at the pool or else you will you may be looking at a parking lot. There is a Denny'...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lrdono
drenzi, Manager at Tahiti Vacation Club, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Tahiti Vacation Club. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our resort and location. Having coffee on your balcony with a book sounds like a lovely way to start the day! We greatly appreciate your compliments about our staff. We are delighted you experienced the best service out of any other resort! Your review will certainly be helpful for those who are planning a stay. We hope that you will consider returning soon!
Woodland, California, United States
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is the first time I have ever been in Vegas. We were there for a convention. We were all very happy with the room and the staff seemed friendly. We did have issues with the a/c in our room. If you want a little distance from the strip this is a great place to stay. However, when I got home I found an additional charge for $23 on my credit card and I have been trying to call the hotel to find out why and can not get anyone to answer the phone. The first phone call rang 30 times before anyone answered and just put me on hold. Since they never came back on the phone after waiting for over 5 minutes I tried calling back and this time a recorded message said someone would be right with me and no one ever answered. After almost ten minutes on the phone I gave up. Writing this review so maybe the management can see there is a problem when they won't answer the phone. Would really like to recommend this hotel and would like to stay there next year when we are at the same convention. Have to wait and see...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Diane F
drenzi, Manager at Tahiti Vacation Club, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at Tahiti Vacation Club for your first visit to Las Vegas. We are happy that you were pleased with our accommodations and staff. We apologize that you have been unable to reach us regarding the difficulty you described. We have sent you the direct line of our assistant resort manager. She will be happy to answer your questions and discuss your concerns. Thank you.
Saratoga Springs, NY
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We found this gem about 8 years ago after exchanging through Interval International. We enjoy the quiet location, the staff that ALWAYS helps out or try to accommodate our requests. We just returned from a week there and the only thing that changed is all the improvements to the rooms. We were 3rd floor Bldg A overlooking the pool. The room had 2 new large flat screen TVs, new sofa bed, new carpeting. The grounds inside and out are always well kept and we noticed employees never walking past a piece of paper without picking it up. The front desk and housekeeping personnel were all very welcoming. As described in other reviews, it is not a hotel, but an entire one (or two) bedroom apartment. There is no daily housekeeping, but staff will exchange towels when requested, resupply soaps, shampoos, etc if asked and will pick up trash when left outside the door. If you stay for a week, housekeeping DOES come in after 4 days to tidy up. The soundproofing is great - never heard a word from the pool even with young children playing out there at 8 pm. Heavy drapery keeps rooms completely dark and cool. We always rent our own vehicle, but their shuttle service (when we've used it on occasion) is always convenient and quick. We also enjoy taking the complimentary tour to Red Rock Canyon (it just costs the entry fee of $2.00) and the Fremont Street shuttle. We have stayed on the Strip and also at their sister property, Tahiti Village, and we MUCH prefer the smaller property. Quiet, clean, friendly, relaxing. It's like coming home.

Room Tip: 2nd or 3rd floor units may be a little quieter for those that are concerned about noise from the poo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank nynana614
drenzi, Manager at Tahiti Vacation Club, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for exchanging into Tahiti. We are thrilled that you were impressed with the recent renovations to our rooms. We are glad that our staff was always friendly and welcoming. We are happy that you took advantage of the Red Rock Canyon excursion. We hope that you will return soon!
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed here from April 21 to April 27, 2013.

Check-in was a breeze and the Front Desk staff were very pleasant and very informative. We requested an early check-in which was no problem. The staff directed me to the closest door to our room so we could park our car near our room. After checking in I was directed to the Time Share desk to get our parking authorization. I thought I would be given a pressure sell right away, but I wasn't. Whew!

We were given room 112, a one bedroom suite with a full kitchen complete with a stove, fridge (with ice maker), dishwasher and all the implements a kitchen needs. A nicely appointed living room with matching sofa and chair. A large hi-def TV, DVD player and a docking station for your iPod. We even had a little balcony with a patio table and two chairs off the living room.

The bedroom was also nicely appointed with king size bed with another large hi-def TV on the wall. The bathroom had two sinks which I am sure my wife was pleased about. A huge soaker tub with a glass shower door.

My wife and I were very pleased with the room, but we always do a very thorough search for bedbugs in every hotel room we book. We looked around the bed. We looked under the mattress and box spring. We took off the bed linens. We took off the headboard. We looked everywhere and we were very pleased to find no bedbugs. We also check the bedroom chairs and all sitting areas in the living room. What we did find is that the room was spotless everywhere we looked.

All in all a very nice place to stay.

The cover parking was a nice touch. The BBQ's were a nice touch too. The pool area was nice and clean all the time. The floors seem a little thin as we could clearly hear the people above us when ever they moved about. The continental breakfast was just so-so. The tanning lotion smell in all the public areas was a to much. The Internet in the lobby was finicky. Also, if driving the right turn out onto West Tropicana can be nerve racking as the traffic goes by a quite a high speed and you really cannot see very far down the road.

If you have any questions to ask me, please feel free to e-mail me through TripAdvisor

Room Tip: I might suggest a room on the third floor to avoid noise from people above you.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank hhenry57
drenzi, Manager at Tahiti Vacation Club, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for sharing this detailed review of your experience at Tahiti. We are delighted that our staff was very pleasant and informative. We are happy that you found our accommodations well equipped and luxurious. Your review will certainly be valuable to those planning a stay here. We appreciate your compliments about our amenities and your feedback. We hope that you will consider another stay soon!