“Quiet, relaxing stay”

Ranked #61 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
“Quiet, relaxing stay”
Reviewed March 23, 2012

The kitchenette suite was roomy. We stayed for 7 nights and very quiet. You are 10 minutes from the strip. There is a shuttle service that you can get every hour varying times of day. The staff are friendly, easy-going and kind. There is someone on front desk 24-7. You need something you only need to call and it is provided. You are 5 minutes from grocery stores and a mall next door has various eating places and a 24 hour pharmacy. The grounds are very well-maintained, the atmosphere in pool and spa area is shady and quiet. The bbq area is clean. You can also relax in your room in your jet tub and for myself had all the comforts of home. I would stay here again without a doubt.

Room Tip: The one bedroom suite has a full kitchen and the studio suite has a kitchenette. Everything is provi...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kathy R
drenzi, Manager at Tahiti Vacation Club, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Thank you for choosing Tahiti. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and found our staff hospitable. Our spacious studio suite packs quite a bargain into 353 square feet. We are happy you liked it. Thanks also for mentioning our convenient shuttle service, proximity to the Strip and well-kept grounds. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Las Vegas.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Laramie, Wyoming
Reviewed February 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed for a week in February 2012. The room was very clean. We loved having a kitchenette to fix some of our meals. The king sized bed was comfortable.I loved reading a book while I was in the jetted tub.The outdoor hot tub was nice also. They have two heated pools with one end having sand. We didn't use the pools because it was a little too cold when we were there. It is easy to find parking. The breakfast is skimpy. They have individually wrapped danishes and some nice bagels but no juice or fruit. The climate control had a loud fan but it was more like white noise to us. It helped so you didn't hear noise from other people in the building. We only stayed in a one bedroom and really wished it had a couch or more comfortable seating. There were two small chairs to sit in at the table but the TV faced the bed and so it was difficult to watch TV from any other part of the room. Over all it was a nice place to stay especially if you have a car to get around, although they do have shuttles.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Connie B
drenzi, Manager at Tahiti Vacation Club, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Thank you for visiting Tahiti Vacation Club. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay. At more than 800 square feet, our deluxe one-bedroom suite provides ample space to watch TV, read a book while soaking in the indoor Jacuzzi, or just relax. We’re sorry the weather didn’t permit you to take advantage of our heated pools. They are open 24 hours for your convenience. For breakfast we offer a Morning Wakeup, which includes a selection of coffees, teas, hot chocolate, juices, wrapped Danish, and bagels with cream cheese. Guests looking for a heartier meal can visit Denny’s next door or take our free shuttle to the nearby Orleans Hotel. Our shuttle service operates from 9 a.m. daily and makes stops at The Mirage and New York-New York on the Strip in addition to the Orleans. Thank you for your comments. We appreciate the feedback and hope you will choose us again on your next visit to Las Vegas.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I stayed here for 6 nights and I found the hotel relaxing and quiet. It has less than 200 rooms and is a short car ride away from the Strip. The studio room was well furnished with a kitchenette which included a microwave and a toaster in addition to glassware, crockery and all necessary utensils. There is wifi in the public areas and also the hotel computers for guest use. Also two very pleasant pools. This is a far cry from the general chaos and hullabaloo of the mega Strip hotels and is ideal for families, couples etc who prefer to be in a quiet location. There are restaurants next door, including a Dennys and a Starbucks. A car is essentioal although the hotel does offer shuttle services.

I did find the breakfast selection a nonsense, as other guests have reported. It would be better if the hotel management either scrapped this altogether or provided a full breakfast service (with real milk for example) at a charge.

Apart from this, the hotel was excellent value out of season.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
North Carolina
Reviewed February 6, 2012

We stayed in a two bedroom (one bedroom with a lockoff efficiency) at Tahiti Village for the week of 24-31 January 2012. The room was very clean and the staff was very responsive. We needed a light bulb and they were there as soon as I got off the phone. They have free wifi in the lobby area and free continental breakfast everyday. The pool is open year round and appeared to be cleaned everyday. You could sit around the pool and relax while listening to the polynesian music. The security was the best I have seen. We had rented a car and is was a five minute drive to the strip. There was a drug store and grocery store a five minute walk away. They also had covered parking. I would recommend this place for couples or families.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed January 30, 2012

This review applies to the original Tahiti and NOT the their newer "Tahiti Village." Spacious & clean. Be advised there are two kinds of "Deluxe 1 Bedroom". One has a full kitchen, washer/dryer, large master suite/bathroom, living room (w/ sleeper sofa), dining area. The other has a bedroom, living room (w/sleeper sofa), but only a limited kitchen (small "bar" refridgerator and microwave), but no other cooking facilities, and no washer/dryer. The two bedroom is these two combined - so LOTS of space to spread out. The resort is basically a quad of 3-story buildings surrounding the pool area (several pools in a nice setting). There is an exercise room and a spa (extra $ for spa services). There were no resort activities the week we were there, but that may have been because it was the end of January (pretty quite time of the year). They do provide pastries and coffee for breakfast if you don't have your own. If you don't have a car on your trip, you COULD survive without one. The nearest casino (The Orleans) is less than a half mile away (not sure I would walk it at midnight) that has several different restaurants in addition to the ubiquitous buffet. There is a shuttle to The Orleans, as well as shuttles to either end of the Strip (New York New York or the Mirage). There is a grocery store shuttle 3 x /week. The property is located adjacent to a strip mall with some eating establishments (Denny's, Starbucks, Q'doba, Quiznos, etc). Walgreens (with some food items) is in that strip mall, and a large gas station convenience store across the street from Walgreens. HOWEVER, the advertised "wi-fi available" is a total rip-off. Yes, I expect to pay for internet at vacation resorts (after all, the time share owners would have their dues increased if there was free internet), but I DON'T expect to pay $50.95 for 7 days, and for EACH wireless device!! Other vacation resort internet services provide a code to use for other wireless devices once you pay once. I'm even OK using only 1 device at a time, but there is NO way to use your $51 worth of internet on any other device. The company phone number doesn't answer, the tech support never connected to a live person, and the front desk claimed they had no way to get you a code (even though there is a spot to enter a code instead of buying service, and you can get internet for only $10 a week if you take the 90 minute resort sales tour pitch - so there IS a way to get a code if the resort wanted to!!). Oh, and once you whine to the front desk, THEN they mention that there is free wireless in the lobby (but they have to enter the password onto your device themselves). Or, you could walk just over to the Starbucks and use their free wi-fi.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Colorado_kid2
drenzi, Manager at Tahiti Vacation Club, responded to this review, January 31, 2012
Thank you for visiting Tahiti Vacation Club. We’re glad you enjoyed your visit and appreciate the accurate portrayal of our resort and its surroundings. We are sorry you found our internet service disagreeable. Please permit us to clarify a few points. First, our front desk does not have codes for in-room Wi-Fi. Second, our concierge does not provide a code to the in-house Wi-Fi for attending a presentation. That is a separate program our sales team offers. For that you would receive a USB modem. Lastly, we do give guests who wish to use the lobby Wi-Fi a code on a piece of paper, but our agents usually offer to activate it for them. Thank you again for your complimentary remarks. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will visit us again.
Easton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Be careful staying here...I just returned from 2 weeks in Vegas and one of the weeks I spent staying at tahiti vacation club (the other week was at tahiti village on las vegas drive). Lobby and staff seemed nice upon check-in, but the room I was initially given can only be described as gross. I should have never unpacked, but I was in a hurry to make an business appointment (trade show booth set-up) that afternoon. The room had a terrible strong musty smell, stained sheets and stained bedspread, cigarette burns in carpet and unknown things (im praying they were some type of seed and not insect eggs) that were spread all around the room. I returned home much later that night with lysol air freshner to help with the smell in hand, and i reluctantly spent the night in that room. In the morning, I found the seeds/eggs on the floor and the stains on the cover and sheets and I immediately requested a change of room. Initially I was denied and was simply told the resort was full. The staff at that time offered no response, no questions and no concern at all for my reasons for wanting to switch rooms. I was simply told to try back later. I came back to the hotel mid-day, spoke to a different front desk staff and was then indeed given a different room. This room, though the same size, was in a different building and was much better. I was relieved and immediately moved into that room for the remainder of my stay. After the switch, I returned to the front desk to return the cards to my initial room and was then dismayed when I was told I was "lucky" and that I should not have been given the other room. Had I been told to stay in the first room, on this review I would have posted the pics I took of the first room and warned all on here to avoid this place. However apparently I was "lucky", and since I was given then second room and seeing as how I had no problems or complaints of that second room that I was given, i feel an average rating seems correct.

Overall this seems like an older resort and is removed quite a distance from the strip, the closest casino is the Orleans.

I doubt I will return here, but if I did, I certainly will check my room much closer before unpacking.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank P O
drenzi, Manager at Tahiti Vacation Club, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
We apologize for the difficulties. The musty smell you describe indicates cigarette smoke. We would be surprised if housekeeping released a room with stains on the bedspread and sheets, but in the event it did, we apologize for the oversight. When the hotel is full, as it was during CES Convention week, room moves are not available in the morning. We were happy to accommodate your move request when another room became available in the afternoon. We are sorry for the misunderstanding at the front desk. We can assure you the meaning you inferred from the comment was not the one we intended. As we indicate on our website, we are two and half miles from the Strip. We offer free shuttles to the resort corridor and make stops at New York-New York and the Mirage in addition to the nearby Orleans. Thank you for sharing your comments. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will give us another opportunity to make a good impression.
Montana
Reviewed December 11, 2011

I have stayed at Tahiti Suites several time and must say I love it! I travel to Vegas often and will usually book here if my family is traveling with me. It is a home away from home and they are very reasonably priced! I have never been harassed for a timeshare presentation . You will want to have a vehicle if your considering this place!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family