“Our favourite place to eat and drink in Vegas”
Review of Ellis Island BBQ

Ellis Island BBQ
Ranked #160 of 5,346 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Before our trip, I had heard a lot about this place and really wanted to visit. Loved everything about it. The location is just off the Strip, the prices of the beer brewed on site are amazing (and it is delicious), the food is extremely tasty and the portions are massive.

If you want to go somewhere with a friendly local feel and not be fleeced, this is perfect. It says everything that we chose to go back for our final evening in Vegas.

6  Thank AlexSwallow
Write a ReviewReviews (2,723)

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I don't think it's on the menu but the locals know to ask for their steak special. You'll get a nice filet mignon meal for under ten bucks.

3  Thank Susan B
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Every time I visit Vegas I eat here at least 2 times. Most of the time there is a long wait but it's so worth it. Hubby always gets the steak special which is $7.99 for a huge steak, asparagus, baked potato & a house brewed beer. I stick with the Chicken Fried Chicken which is probably one of the best ones I've ever had...and I've had it MANY places. The gravy is fantastic & the portions are huge. Prices are perfect! Try their house brewed root beer, mmm! Everyone I've ever taken here gets a little creeped out by the atmosphere but once they try it they are a fan as well!

1  Thank mjm0402
Reviewed January 3, 2013

stay on the strip 35-40 nights per year ... frustrated paying 20$ for breakfast with tip ... have found that "forcing" the walk to Ellis Island from the strip is worthwhile indeed ... both from an excercise point of view as well as a value point of view ... breakfast with tip in for 10 bucks or so .. over an eight or nine day stay close to 100$ ... homestyle cooking .. old fashioned type decor .... not fancy but a great feeling not paying 20$ ... similar in decor and atmosphere to Terribles ...

1  Thank Brad R
Reviewed January 2, 2013

we were treated pleansantly & the waitress was attentive. The food was very good and reasonable. It was in walking distance. We also were given a value ticket to play the shots.

1  Thank Dorothy S