“Good but not Excellet”

Mesa Grill at Caesars Palace
Reserve with OpenTable
Mesa Grill at Caesars Palace is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 5,004 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Southwestern
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Flamingo
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We visit Mesa Grill by Booby Fly, I have to say I always want to have a dinner in this place because it looks great when you visit Cesar's Palace, we made a reservation for party of 4, they respect your reservation 15 min, they give us a sit in a nice round table, the service of the waitress was excellent she always take care of us and give us an excellent recommendations about the dishes and the wine, the menu I think is very well balanced and have the specialties is the Grill as a Booby specialty, my mom, my sister and my boyfriend have the lamb, and I try the Fire Bold, we ask for some appetizers and we try the shrimp tamale and the queso fundido this two was excellent they serve to us a basked with different bread and butter, everything was great when the mean curse comes by and the lamb was over cooked and it was not very easy to cut it however the taste was excellent and my sister found n the tamale and piece of foil, we complain about it just to let them know what's going on my my family wasn't mad, we request the dessert and we try the carrot cake and the chef send us an apology with an other dessert this last one was delicious in the banana nut you defiantly has to try, the price in good is not to expensive or to cheap, the overall experience was not excellent by maybe can give to them a second chance.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,304)

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Yes, I am a Food Network fan and enjoy the television work of Bobby Flay. When I had a meeting at Caesar's Palace, I immediately booked a luncheon reservation and I was not disappointed. I enjoyed the best Sweet Potato soup ever and an artfully designed chile relleno appetizer. My dining partners also had great meals. What a fun time.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

We popped in near closing after the Elton John show and with a short wait were able to get a table.The service was great--welcoming,friendly and great reccomendations! The highlights were the drinks, the bread basket and I had the best scallops that I have ever had in my life.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

I think I have died and gone steak heaven. I got the ribeye and let me tell you..... The best ever!! This ribeye was smeared with a chili lime and honey glaze. Bobby, you took it to the next level. This is our second time at this place. We were here a couple of years ago for one of your fave burgers. Never disappointed.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Went to Mesa Grill in Vegas this weekend. We made a reservation three weeks prior to our visit (chose enough time to have our meal & still get over to the Rio to see our show). We arrived on time and were told to wait in the lounge, it would be another twenty to twenty five minutes. We would be cutting it close to get to our show, but we were ok. The lounge was full, so we stood outside and waited. Our hostess was RUDE with a capital "R". We are a very friendly laid back couple, and she was awful. No smile, no please/thank you/sorry, just "We aren't ready for you.Wait in our lounge area and we will call you when it's ready." When we asked (with a smile/friendly tone) how long the wait might be she said 20-25 min. we said ok. When we told her we would just wait outside the door as the lounge was full she was very annoyed and told us to "You can just stand or share a seat with someone else." Again, no smile. :(
Our waited was very friendly and accommodating. He has been there since it opened. Lot's of insight into the menu. We orded wine by the bottle and our sommelier (Rose) was nice. It was her very first night working as a sommelier. My husband and I eat fish and I eat poultry, but we don't eat red meat/pork, so the menu was a bit limited for us. We ended up ordering apps and sides. The tiger prawn app was amazing, as were the fish tacos and the yucatan chicken skewers. Flavors were great. Unfortunately, we had no time for dessert...almost missed our show! Overall, if the front of house staff had been nicer it would have been a better experience. That set the tone for the rest of our meal.You catch more flies with honey! Also, she was visibly pregnant, so maybe having a bad night??? Although I have been uncomfortably pregnant and I was still nice to people!