“Great Prince tribute!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Lighthouse Lounge
Reviewed October 18, 2010

I'm a Prince fan and saw him live in Belgium this July. This guy does a fantastic job imitating the Prince from his glory days. This was the second time we saw the show (also saw him during our visit last year) and definately would go again during a next visit. Only would say the Morris Day part of the show is a little bit too long. Would rather see more Prince. But hey, that's just me.

Reviewed October 8, 2010

The show was unreal. If you can't see the real Prince in person this show CAN NOT be far off. The guy looks just like him, plays the guitar just like him and the band as a whole sounds DEAD ON like the original songs. I just saw them in Las Vegas at Hooters this past Saturday and will tell you the show was worth every penny! Don't miss and there is no way you won't enjoy the show if you are a Prince fan. Also the Morris Day tribute is just as good. If you were blind folded you wouldn't know the difference.

Reviewed August 9, 2005

Two years ago during our trip to Vegas, my wife and I saw the advertisement for the Prince tribute band Purple Reign. Since we discovered them so late we didn't get a chance to go to the show, but made it a point to go this year and we are glad we did! In order to get a seat inside the Lighthouse Lounge where the band plays you must buy one drink per set (all drinks are $7.50, and there are three sets) but the show is basically free if you stand in the casino and watch like we did for one set. We wanted to check them out before we paid for a drink and after one set we were hooked so we went inside to get a close up seat. This band, especially the Prince impersonator Jason Tenner are unbelieveable! There is no lip syncing at all. They played all the Prince hits perfectly and Jason's performance was uncanny. As far as I'm concerned he was Prince! He looked like Prince, played the guitar like Prince, danced like Prince, sang like Prince and most importantly had Prince's mannerisms down to a tee. There was even a moment when two guys performed as Morris Day and Jerome. They didn't really look like them in the face, but they dressed, sang, and acted like them perfectly. Earlier the same day we saw David Copperfield but were disappointed. His tricks were awesome but we felt he really phoned it in, and for $97 a ticket we were expecting a livelier show. Trust me...we found it the next day watching Purple Reign. SEE IT!

7  Thank B.Hart
A TripAdvisor Member
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed July 20, 2005

I live in Minneapolis and when my girlfriends wanted to check out this show I thought, "I've seen the REAL THING many times and this will suck..." but since it was free I thought I had nothing to lose. We went to the lounge and when I actually was able to see (you have to get there early if you want a table or stay until the last set like we did) my jaw dropped open. This performer does a great job! My heart even skipped a beat or two when I took a photo with him that's how "dead on" he looks, sings and dances. (He is much taller than PRINCE though). If you are going to be in Vegas, this is a must see. So much fun, so little money, and a great photo op!! Try to fool your friends into thinking you took a pic with the real Prince (I did!)

Prince fan from Minneapolis, Peace.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
See more reviews
A TripAdvisor Member
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 15, 2004

My friend and I went to the Lighthouse Lounge at the Boardwalk Hotel on the strip to see Purple Reign. The lead singer in this group is a Prince impersonator. He looks like Prince, sings just like Prince, and probably dances better than Prince. The admission is free. The audience really gets involved. The atmosphere is very upbeat!! The waitresses are very attentive, however, they don't bug you if you don't want to keep ordering drinks. My friend and I don't drink much. Don't miss an opportunity to have your picture taken with "Prince" during intermission. (It'll cost you $10), but don't forget, the show is free. I would gladly pay for the show.

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member