“A Great Place To Stay”

Ranked #165 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Las Vegas, Nevada
“A Great Place To Stay”
Reviewed September 20, 2009

This is the best value for money extended stay hotel in Vegas.
The rooms are very clean, the majority of staff are friendly & very helpful.
The pools & hot tubs are clean but could do with some new pool side furniture!
I have lived here for nearly 3 years on & off and I find it secure & comfortable.

If you are intending to stay for 1 week or more before October 23rd 2009 please contact me at moreforless1@gmail.com

• Stayed September 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Korean first
Seattle
Reviewed June 8, 2009

The Sienna Suites look great from a distance but under the microscope, it's not so pretty. At $45 per night for a 2 bedroom with 2 bath, it's a bargain. But beware the $2 per night "mandatory" fee added for long distance phone service, whether you use that service or not. It is not negotiable. But hey, the Orleans in Vegas adds a similar "surcharge" only they call it a $5 per room, per day resort fee.

We stayed at the Sienna Suites for the last 2 weeks of May and here's a further breakdown of our experience:

1) Cleaniness: other reviewers praise the cleaniness of this place and I will say the grounds are well kept, if you can overlook the cigarette butts that contaminate the red gravel landscaping. We were on the second floor of building 1 and there was a small pile of trash at the top of the stairs outside our room that was not picked up for 6 days. Maids and service people constantly walked by that pile and did nothing about it. It was only removed when some of it fell to the first floor.

2) Weekly maid service: inconsistent. The maid assigned to clean our room the first week brought in towels, did not remove the dirty ones, did not sweep or vacuum and did not even want to re-make the beds with new sheets. She feigned lack of understanding English. The maid who cleaned our room in week two did a decent job.

3) Trash: I could find no place to empty our trash containers inbetween weekly maid service. The Sienna Suites consists of 14 buildings and yet the map of the complex did not indicate where to take your trash.

4) Cooking: there was a full size stove in our unit but no pots or pans to cook with. Fortunately we had our car camping kit with us but how lame is that. There were 3 TV's in our unit, one per room, but no pots or utensils. THIS IS WHY YOU STAY AT A PLACE LIKE THIS...TO OCCASSIONALLY COOK A MEAL.

5) The internet: the good -- it's not Wifi but wired. You plug into the wall and that guarantees or should guarantee more consistent performance. And for the first 6 days, it was decent enough for most surfing and email. You cannot watch movies on hulu and youtube videos buffer constantly. There is one T1 line (1.5 MB, the speed of a DSL line) coming into the hotel that everyone shares so you do the math.

Here's the bad about the internet: the friday evening before memorial day, when the place is packed, the internet goes down. And it's still down saturday morning. Then, on the following Wednesday morning, it's down again, sporadically all day. Even when it's up, I can receive email but I cannot send it. Yes, internet is more complicated than your landline phone service but give me a break, it's been around since the late '90s now and if you're going to shout free internet on your blinking billboard out front, then you better well have a reliable system. If you need to depend on your email working for business, DO NOT STAY HERE.

6) Location: a 15 min or so drive to Hoover Dam, which is an amazing place.

7) Overall room noise: We were on the second floor and although it appeared there was a flight path to the airport above the Suites, we never heard anything. And until a family occupied the unit above us, we never heard any outside noise. However, like most inexpensive hotels, the Sienna Suites were constructed poorly and the family above sounded like a herd of elephants on the warpath.

8) Amenities: there are 2 pools and plenty of parking. However, there are no luggage carts. Ok, there are no elevators in any of the buildings but the walk from your parked car to your room can be a long one and a cart holding your luggage would at least help get you to the stairs.

9) Laundry: Guess what, there's another "surcharge" for laundry... you have to load money onto a card and there's a one time set up fee for the card. In addition, you can only load $5 or $10 onto the card...no multiples of $1. So one load of laundry ends up costing you $5.

• Stayed May 2009
1 Thank squamish

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed May 11, 2009

The hotel property is maintained quite well, and the service from Tracy or Marcos in the office is excellent. (Hope you deal with them- they are great)
I'm not sure why the hot tub often looks so dirty much of the time. I was told that the pool and hot tub are serviced 3 times a week, but that can't be true. Just look at the pics, it is filthy. There is no reason why it needs to look that bad. This hot tub gets a tremendous amount of use and should be maintained better. I've never stayed at a hotel where the hot tub looked so filthy. Yuck! (Believe me, it has looked worse than what even these pics show)

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
pautrey972
Reviewed March 11, 2009

I stayed at the Siena Suites Hotel for one week and found it to be a good value at the price I paid which was just a little over $300 for 7 nights compaired to staying at most of the high price casinos. The hotel is in a good location and just minutes from the strip.

The suite consisted of two rooms with a door between the bedroom and living room area. The bedroom, large enough for a king-sized bed, two bedside tables, and table lamps. The bathroom was a bit small & the toilet and bath area has it's own door, but very well maintained. Cleaning service does not come by everyday, but if you are needing extra towels or toilet paper, they are around cleaning other rooms or you can go to the office to get more.

Both the livingroom and bedroom has a TV each and hook up to cable. Has all the local stations plus a few sports channels, HBO, kids channels, Spanish and a few other channels. There is a separate, independently controllable a/c & heater unit for each of the main rooms.

The Kitchen area has a full size fridge, stove, microwave, and dishwasher. There are only enough plates and glasses for two people, so if more are staying in the room you may want to pick up some paper plates and plastic ware.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pautrey972
California
Reviewed March 4, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Siena Suites on more that one occassion and I have never experienced any problems. The rooms are always clean and they are roomy. We happened to have enjoyed our stay and we recommended this hotel to our family and friends. The prices are great for what you are getting and it is very convenient to all the food locations an close to the strip. This is just like a home away from home.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank theboss001
California
Reviewed February 16, 2009

I stayed at the Siena Suites Hotel for one night during the weekend of February 14-15 and found it to be a good value at the price I paid, in my opinion. The hotel is a newer property, and it shows. Much thought appears to have gone into its design, layout, and landscaping.

The suite consisted of two rooms -- three, including the bathroom -- separated by a lockable door. There is a full kitchen with stove, oven, microwave, full refrigerator with freezer, and a dishwasher. The appliances appeared immaculate. Dishes and coffee cups are supplied, as well as ample cookware. A coffee-maker is also supplied.

The bedroom, large enough for a king-sized bed, two bedside tables, and table lamps, was clean and well-appointed. A mirror and two lighting sconces faced the bed. The bathroom was a bit small, but very well maintained and came with a hair dryer as well as the standard towels, soap, and shampoo. The bathroom is within the bedroom and the toilet and bath area has its own door.

There were two large color televisions with cable, one for each of the main rooms. Each room also had a modern hotel-style telephone.

The living area consisted of an entertainment center, coffee table, and small sofa. The dining area next to the kitchen included a sturdy dining table which may easily be used as a work desk. Two chairs complete the dining suite.

Lighting throughout was ample. There is a separate, independently controllable HVAC unit for each of the main rooms.

Parking was good and noise was reasonable, given that there are two windows and the suite opened to an exterior hallway facing the parking lot. It is my observation that all units seem to open to an unenclosed hallway or directly to the outside, motel-style. My unit was on the third floor.

I hope that this hotel maintains its present level of service and value. I hope, as well, that this hotel expands beyond the Las Vegas area, as it is superior to many other hotels of this type I can think of.

• Liked — Superior value.
  • Disliked — None that I can think of.
  • Stayed February 2009
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank YourFriendlyReviewer
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 29, 2008

The Siena Suites was listed on the Obama website and offered a discount to anyone coming to Nevada for the Drive for Change. I thought that was fantastic and booked my two-night stay. What I didn't bargain for was waking the first morning to bed bugs swarming the bed. I had been a meal for several hours. I immediately called the front desk and they said they would move me to another room. Later when I spoke to another desk clerk, she said I should speak with the manager and he would most likely give me a refund. I spoke with the manager on duty and he did not give me a refund. About an hour after I returned to my room, I did receive a coupon for a complementary night stay. As if I would go back. I sent a letter to the supervising manager, and an email follow up demanding a refund, (bed bug bites do not show up for 9 - 14 days AFTER you see them crawling on you), and not only have not heard back - it's been three weeks - I have not even gotten an acknowledgment that they received my letters. I highly recommend you don't stay here.

• Disliked — bed bugs and managers who do not understand the concept of "customer service"
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Peonymae
Also consider these accommodations in or near Las Vegas
The Strip
Americas Best Value Inn Las Vegas
The Thunderbird Hotel
#115 of 263 in Las Vegas

Been to Siena Suites? Share your experiences!