“Solid Place To Stay For Biz Travelers”
Review of Siena Suites

Siena Suites
Ranked #155 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I travel to Vegas often for work and because of that I've been staying at this place regularly since 2011. I read some of the other reviews about the murder on site and a few other things but in my frequent stays here I've never felt like I was at risk. Generally I have very positive experiences staying at this property so I continue to stay there.

Things I like: In my experience, the room is always clean. The kitchen, which has a dishwasher, stove, oven and fridge is always tidy. I'm super picky about bathrooms, and this place always has a clean bathroom. Toilet, tub, towels, sink and all. The beds are moderately comfortable. The windows are big. The space in the one bedrooms are a good size for a single person. The furniture is never damaged; it maybe a bit old, but in good condition. The staff is almost always friendly.

Things I tell my friends about this place: It's an extended stay hotel, so they have a number of permanent residence. At times this can be kind of creepy, only because it's hard not be aware of it. Next, even though there is a kitchen, there aren't any utensils..something about a hepatitis scare prohibits them now from providing this to short term guests. Luckily, the neighborhood has a grocery and drug stores near by so you can pick up anything you may need. The neighborhood...well, it's about 20 minutes away from the strip. So I don't suggest this place for fun-seekers! This neighborhood also can feel kind of sketchy at times. Especially depending on which way you drive in. The immediate area feels a bit rundown, but just 5 minutes away on the other side of the I-515 it's nice. There's a Target, Banes and Noble, Ross, Nordstrom Rack, In-and-Out, The Galleria Mall, all kinds of stuff. I usually go there when I have to kill some time.

Things I don't like: The internet access is free but it's not WiFi! This is understandable just because of how the place is set up. It's basically a 13 building apartment complex, three floors to each building. Each room has it's own hard line internet connection.

My best advice is don't go in thinking that this place is anything like you what will get on the strip because it is fffaaarrr from it. Expect to have a reasonably comfortable stay for a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Try to ask for rooms on the sides of the building. You won't have people walking past your windo...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mjoy32

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was a little bit weary of this place just because of the bad reviews but I decided to stay anyways due to the price.. let me just say that I had a great stay.. the rooms were very spacious and I didn't feel like I was in a hotel.. I felt like I was in an apartment.. there was a living room with a full size kitchen plus 2 bedrooms with king size beds.. I was travelling with children and it was nice for them to have their own room.. the mattresses on the beds appeared to be brand new and were not hard like everyone said.. they were actually comfortable and I slept great.. the kitchen was surprisingly very clean.. the whole suite was clean.. the only thing that was a little dirty was the couch but it wasn't bad just a little stained.. in all I had a great stay and I would definitely stay here again.. 10mins from the strip but the suite is too much of a great value to pass up.. I would definitely recommend this place to everyone..

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Were refered by friend. A bit out of center of town, but really cheap, really clean, really large appartment. Good and friendly service. Free calls in USA and Canada. Services nearby. Good choice to spend little money on hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 6, 2013

My family and I booked a 2-bedroom, 2-bath suite at Siena Suites (through booking.com) over Presidents Weekend because they advertised free internet, no smoking rooms, and most importantly, photos showing nicely-stocked kitchens (dishes, pots & pans, etc). When we entered our "non-smoking" room, not only were we were bowled over by the putrid stench of cigarette smoke, but we couldn't believe that every drawer and cupboard in the kitchen was 100% empty, and neither bathroom had a shower curtain!

When we called the front desk to complain, we were told that someone from housekeeping could spray air freshener in our room to cover up the smoke smell (there were no other "non-smoking" rooms available), and they'd be happy to deliver shower curtains to us. When we asked about the dishes, pots & pans, they said the health department would no longer allow them to provide these things in the suites!

The air freshener did nothing but put MORE chemicals into the air we were breathing, and the shower curtains were a JOKE! Both were 2" shorter than the top edge of the tub, so needless to say, water sprayed all over the bathroom floor!

By the time we went shopping and bought dishes, pots, pans and utensils to use during our stay, suddenly, the low price of this suite wasn't low at all!

Oh, and to top off this "unforgettable" stay, when we called the front desk and asked how we connect to the free internet, they told us "there isn't any internet."

We'll never stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Jan S
Reviewed February 28, 2013

A murder happened at this hotel on Wednesday February 27th. Please take caution when considering this hotel. Many better options nearby. Please google the incident and make other arrangements. Bad area, and now a murder.

• Stayed: February 2013
9  Thank louis61404
sienasuites, Director of Sales at Siena Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

A hotel like ours which has over 600 rooms catering to over 1000 people on any given day, can at any moment reflect both the positive and the negative aspects of life in general. It is true that a long term guest of ours was murdered. Though the investigation is still ongoing, it is apparent that the murder, which occurred in our guest’s suite, happened between two related individuals and did not involve fire arms. At no time were any other guests involved or in danger. Once our on- site security personnel became aware of the incident, they reacted swiftly and professionally and contacted the local police. This is not indicative of the environment our guests typically experience at Siena Suites. This is an isolated and sad event and our thoughts and prayers are for the deceased and his family.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I returned again to the Siena Suites on another "quick trip" to the Las Vegas area during the President's Day holiday. The rates were quite reasonable versus the gouging happening on the Strip and other properties. I found the property clean and tidy and a very good value for what you receive. All of the rooms are SUITES for the price of a regular room at a mid-range family hotel chain in the USA.
Yes, the property is not near the Strip, but that is what draws you to it. It is conveniently located off the Boulder Highway if you are just stopping through the Las Vegas area, and it is easy to find. You can basically park right outside your room, and do not have to traverse some huge casino. The environment is cozy, clean, and quiet. The front desk is very friendly and knowledgeable of the area. There is plenty of shopping and food opportunities within a short drive along with casino action if you wish.
Overall the Siena Suites is a nice property with HUGE suites that meets the traveler's needs. I look forward to another return trip when in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are convenient for moving your luggage. Be advised there is NO ELEVATOR fo...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank AlaskaGambler
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has huge rooms for the value; and you are not far from the car if you're traveling. Front desk is friendly & helpful. Maintenance issues: large, heavy double lamp in bedroom could barely stand on its own. We uses our car tools to fix it so we wouldn't get clobbered during the night. The stove was so wobbly that liquids in a pot would spill. We pulled it out & leveled it. Beds are hard, carpet stained & burned. Sink plugged up. Spacious but wont stay here again. If you stay, book online; it will cost you $40 more at front desk, but you can book from your phone in the parking lot.

• Stayed: February 2013