“Friendly People, Clean Rooms”

Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South
Ranked #18 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed July 21, 2010

My stay here was prompted by my great experience with their location in Henderson. I was impressed by the nice staff and the clean room. The matress in my room was in desperate need of being replaced. The hotel evelators were dirty as well as the public restroom, so we cut our stay short and went back to the Henderson location for our 2nd night. What impresses me is that I received a nice email from the head of housekeeping addressing my concerns. The king matresses have been replaced and they are in the process of replacing the queen ones. The reason the restroom and elevators were ditry is that they had a large group of young adults who were there (for an anime party) and she says they were sorry for the condition of the public areas and plan to have more staff cleaning during future events. How great is that when you get an email from someone personally addressing your concerns! Very clean and quiet room. Great breakfast and staff too. Nice location right next to the outlet mall.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank julieredhead
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South

Reviewed February 24, 2010

I loved the hotel! Even though they were in the middle of remodeling, we were treated very well.

Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2010

The facility is beautiful! The staff is very professional and the proximity to all of the action in Vegas is fabulous!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jenmac7
Reviewed January 20, 2010

Not the nicest, not the worst, but with horrible Hilton customer service. They messed up my partnership miles, which should have been an easy fix, right? Nope. Refused to help, snide email responses, no budging no matter what. I'm a gold member, you'd think that owning up to their mistake and fixing what would not have been any dollars out of their pocket would be a no-brainer?

Won't be staying here again, and taking my business to a non-Hilton next time.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Eileen B
Reviewed January 3, 2010

I travel to Vegas monthly for business. I have stayed at this HGI many times. It is convenient for my work, easy to get to restaurants and shopping - a grocery store is not to far away.
I have always had good service and a clean room. I enjoy the 'extras' that you do not get at any of the casinos.
If you want something away from the strip - this is the place...about 3 miles south of the strip.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 23, 2009

I’m wondering why my towels are sheets are so dingy and grey, dirty looking even everyday…

Turns out they were dirty. I’m sitting in the business center behind the front desk, and I overhear the front desk telling a man about the complaints over the linens. He says, well I know why - the water heater won’t heat up enough to get them clean. I asked latter who the man was and they said he was the general manager. I guess he would know. Apparently, this is an ongoing problem. So that person who snuck their dog in and wiped his paws off, or used that towel to shine their shoes-you’re rubbing your face with it. Those sheets, well you’re sleeping with the person(s) before you. Gross! The reason other reviews say the towels seemed like they had not been washed in days was because pretty much they had not!

Additionally this hotel is only about 4 years old but looks like 20 in the rooms. The main areas look good though. The restaurant is only open for breakfast. The shuttle drops you at Mandalay Bay so you would have to take a $7 cab ride to even get to the MGM to take the monorail.

• Stayed: December 2009
5  Thank liveinasuitcase
Reviewed October 29, 2009

Everything we could have wanted from a hotel - CLEAN, spacious, opening windows (so many hotel windows in the US do not open, which is freaking weird), nice decor, comfortable beds, fridge, microwave, nice pool, free parking, very competent staff. Had had a bad experience the night before at a Hampton Inn with regards to cleanliness so was a bit dubious about this place, but had no need to worry - it was spotless. I didn't want to leave.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple