“Easy access to the strip, the airport, and the interstate”

Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South
Ranked #20 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Huntsville, Alabama
“Easy access to the strip, the airport, and the interstate”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn, Las Vegas when in town for some training AND a little fun. Though I had a rental car, I did make use of their shuttle service to Mandalay Bay. From there, you can take a wide variety of public transit options up and down the strip. They also provide shuttle service to/from the airport, if you don't need a rental car for other side trips. The location is handy for jumping on the interstate, and like most HGIs, the staff was VERY nice. The rooms are clean comfortable, have a fridge, microwave and snacks available at the front desk. For the money, I think the rooms are far and away better than comparably priced rooms at the casinos. With all of the lodging options available, VERY pleased with my choice.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
David R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post this nice review of our Hilton Garden Inn. I am glad to hear that you also had the chance to have some fun besides attending your training. It was a pleasure to accomodate you and your group at our property and we hope we will have the chance to welcome you with our "HGI Welcome Snack Bars" again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Korean first
Austin, Texas
Reviewed January 23, 2014

This is my first time staying a couple miles away from the Strip, and I must admit that it was great. I could still easily get to the action when needed thanks to their shuttle service. The front desk staff were friendly and well prepared for my arrival. The rooms were a little outdated, but clean, which is what really matters. I asked for a view and they were able to accommodate the request, which I was really stoked about. It's far away, but Hey! A view is a view!! I enjoyed my stay.

Dear Asher P.,

I am glad to hear that you chose our Hilton Garden Inn for your first, off-the-Strip hotel experience in Las Vegas. We appreciate this nice feedback, which will be shared with our entire team. I hope our convenient location, welcoming staff and clean rooms are just a few of the reasons we will have the chance to see you again during your next trip to Las Vegas.
Rogers, United States
Reviewed January 17, 2014

The hotel is nice but far from the action. Taxi service is a challenge to get and I spent a significant abount of time waiting for transportation. Howerver, the rooms are clean and the property is quiet and the food is good.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Eric B.,

It was very kind of you to share your hotel experience with your fellow travellers on Trip Advisor. I am happy to know that our quiet location, clean property and the excellent food at the Garden Grill and Bar were to your satisfaction. We really appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you back.
California
Reviewed January 10, 2014

The Hilton Garden Inn may be something of a hidden gem. At first glance it seems to be located too far south on the Strip but it comes with a free hotel shuttle service to/from the airport and also to/from Mandalay Bay casino which is approximately 3 miles away.

Getting to Mandalay Bay is all that is needed to hook into the tram system to Luxor/Excalibur then a relatively short walk over to the MGM will connect you to the Monorail system to access most of the rest of the mail strip hotels. If you are here for a major convention, Mandalay Bay is often a pickup point for the circuit buses.

Rooms were clean and nicely appointed, beds were sleep-comfort adjustable and very comfortable. Rates were reasonable too, amenities include the free shuttle, free wifi, gym, pool and free coffee plus the occasional cookies and other snacks. The location is also very handy for the outlet malls that are a short couple of blocks walk from the hotel.

If you want to try some alternate cuisine than the above average hotel food, a number of decent restaurants are also within. Walking distance.

Room Tip: Choose the ones further from the strip, and above ground floor they are a little quieter.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
David R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Martin W.,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to post this kind and detailed review.
It is great to hear that you were pleased with the room, the service and our amenities - and all these at a reasonable rate. It was a pleasure to have you at our property and hope to see you again on your next trip to Las Vegas.
Santa Ynez, CA
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We've stayed there several times. It's a very nice hotel....clean and well maintained. The staff is always helpful and the free shuttle to Mandalay Bay is a real plus! A nice quiet place to stay in Las Vegas.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
I just wanted to thank you for your recent and previous stays here at the Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South. I am so glad that our attentive staff and nice, quiet and clean suites provide you with an enjoyable hotel experience. We really appreciate this nice review and hope to have the chance to accomodate you in the future, as well.
Orange, California, United States
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I stayed on this hotel for NYE since prices on the strip were astronomical, and had an excellent experience. Personnel is very attentive and with the shuttle transportation to the strip had no issues and didnt had to drive or take a taxi there..

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Gerardo T.,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear that you chose our hotel to stay at for New Year's Eve, and found our personnel and your accomodations satisfactory. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again for another great stay!
Eureka, CA
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I stayed at this hotel because I was stranded in Vegas for another night to due United cancelling my flight and I couldn't get another flight until 8 pm the next day.

The bed was comfy, they even had the sleep number beds that you can adjust. The TV had a great selection on channels. The hotel has a restaurant in the lobby. The first day the oven was broken so they had a limited menu. The main issue was that my room had no hot water. It was lukewarm when I started the shower but when I got in it was ice cold.

Since my flight was not until late, they stored my bag for me and I was able to take the shuttle to the "Town Square" which had a movie theater and shopping.

3 Thank Pharmerjess
David R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
It was our pleasure to accomodate you when your flight had been cancelled. I am glad that you found our complimentary shuttle service useful and the Garden Sleep System comfortable. However, I am very disappointed to hear of your negative experience at our hotel and appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. The problems you mentioned were brought to the attention of our maintenance department and have been addressed. While the lack of service you experienced is unusual and not the standard of our hotel, there is no excuse for it. We are sorry for the inconvenience and annoyance this incident caused. Thank you for your understanding in the matter and we look forward to seeing you again.