“No hot water!”

Ranked #17 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Eureka, CA
“No hot water!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I stayed at this hotel because I was stranded in Vegas for another night to due United cancelling my flight and I couldn't get another flight until 8 pm the next day.

The bed was comfy, they even had the sleep number beds that you can adjust. The TV had a great selection on channels. The hotel has a restaurant in the lobby. The first day the oven was broken so they had a limited menu. The main issue was that my room had no hot water. It was lukewarm when I started the shower but when I got in it was ice cold.

Since my flight was not until late, they stored my bag for me and I was able to take the shuttle to the "Town Square" which had a movie theater and shopping.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Pharmerjess
David R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
It was our pleasure to accomodate you when your flight had been cancelled. I am glad that you found our complimentary shuttle service useful and the Garden Sleep System comfortable. However, I am very disappointed to hear of your negative experience at our hotel and appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. The problems you mentioned were brought to the attention of our maintenance department and have been addressed. While the lack of service you experienced is unusual and not the standard of our hotel, there is no excuse for it. We are sorry for the inconvenience and annoyance this incident caused. Thank you for your understanding in the matter and we look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Korean first
Munich, Germany
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Located a few miles south of the most busy part of the strip this is a good alternative for families! A free shuttle will take you to Mandalay Bay pretty fast if you want to explore the "real" Las Vegas from there. Staff is very nice and helpful, as is the staff in the restaurant. Breakfast is reasonably priced and quite good! Rooms are large with microwave, coffee maker, fridge, tv and free wifi. Pool area looked good but was closed for the winter. Self service laundry is on site at reasonable prices. All in all a good place to stay when in Vegas!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Anders J
Dear Anders J.,
I would like to thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We are grateful for all the kind words and hope you will choose our property again for a pleasant stay in our cosy rooms away from the noise of the Strip.
We wish you safe travels in the future and look forward to welcoming you back.
Reviewed December 29, 2013

A great place to stay while visiting Las Vegas. Friendly out of the busy Vegas life with good shuttle possibility. Rooms and beds were very good and clean.
If you like to swim the pool is a bit small. Nice to play with children but not for a good swim.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing our Hilton Garden Inn for your recent stay and posting this positive review on your experience with us - it is great to know that our staff did a great job to make your stay enjoyable. We really appreciate your business and look forward to your future visits whenever you are in town.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Liza greeted me immediately and on sight. She knew my preferences and reminded me of them without prompting. I feel as if I am staying over at a close friend's home. A home that has a great walk-in shower. Thanks HGI!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for being a returning guest of the Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South and a loyal Hilton Honors member. It was very kind of you to post this nice review with the special comment on Liza's welcoming you at check-in. We hope to see you many times in the future as well and we will do our best to find a room for you in accordance to your Hilton Honors preferences.
We wish you safe travels!
Honolulu, United States
Reviewed December 18, 2013

the staff and Hilton Brand has always been good to me on my stays. I was there on business, for 2 weeks. My check in was fast and my check-out was with the same speed. Their meals were always on time. The hotel is right in front of a major mail in Vegas and there are plenty of places to eat.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

David R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Herbert S.,

I would like to thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton brands and your extended stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South. Your kind words on the service provided by the front desk and the restaurant staff are highly appreciated. I hope you will honor us with your stays in the future, as well, and wish you happy holidays on behalf of our enitre team.
Las Vegas, United States
Reviewed December 9, 2013

My room was big and the Kuerig coffee maker in the room was a plus. The fitness center was adequate which had treadmills, medicine balls, and dumbbells. The resturant was good. I had breakfast included in my rate which may or may not be a good idea given how many breakfast buffets are in the area. Hotel is close to the strip.

1 Thank Martin A
David R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Martin A.,

We are really grateful for your kind posting on our property - your feedback on your stay is highly appreciated. I am glad to hear that our amenities, including the Keurig coffee maker made your stay more enjoyable. Thank you for your business and I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back.
Lewisville, Texas
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I travel 50-60% of the year. The majority of my trips are to Las Vegas. I always stay at The Hilton Garden Inn South Las Vegas Strip. The staff treats you like family - whether it's your first stay or your 100th stay. I recommend the hotel to our new employees - they are treated with the same level of excellence as the long-time folks. Andrea and Dave run the front desk with excellence. The shuttle drivers are courteous and get you where you need to go, the breakfast wait staff is amazing; Virginia and Jenni deliver superior service despite the fact that some mornings I have tea, sometimes coffee, sometimes Soda... they get it right. The bartenders are excellent - whether they're serving drinks or food ordered at the bar... it's my home away from home. If ever there is a problem, the front desk gets someone on it immediately. If there is a service issue, they handle that immediately as well. Just can't say enough good things about this hotel and the wonderful staff.

Dear our Randall,

I do not even know how to express my gratitude for you being our loyal guest and treating our entire staff like family. Thank you for your kind words on Trip Advisor, as well - for the third time! I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back an a regular basis for a long time in the future, too. If you ever need anything we can do for you, please, do not hesitate to contact me or anyone in our team.
We wish you and your family happy holidays!