“Just what you would expect from HGI”

Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South
Ranked #18 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Draper, Utah
“Just what you would expect from HGI”
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

The Hotel is a few miles from the strip if that's important to you. The room was in good condition. The only odd thing was the shower, water pressure and tempature varied greatly all on its own. The hotel was in sold out status, so not sure if that had anything to do with it. Other than that, it was a great stay.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Jerret P
David R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am glad that we could provide you with the service and amenities that one would expect from a Hilton Garden Inn. We appreciate you taking the time to post this nice review of our HGI. I hope we will always be your preferred hotel when you are in town. Safe travels, until we see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Korean first
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed February 14, 2013

My initial visit to this HGI locale. The hotel was very nice, all the common areas were very clean, nicely appointed and modern. The exercise room was very good and above average for most hotels.
My guest room was very nice and was set up for work with a Herman Miller work chair! BONUS! I really liked the nice couch, two flat panel TV's (one in the living and in BR). My carpet was clean and the room was fresh.

I slept well in the adjustable bed and the room was quiet.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I am very happy to read the review about your recent stay and glad that you found the amenities of our hotel (fitness center, Herman Miller Work Chairs, flat screen TVs with HD channels) to your satisfaction. I will be sure to share your comments with our housekeeping team to appreciate their hard work keeping both the public areas and the guest rooms clean at all times. Thank you for staying at our property and I hope to see you return soon.
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Excellent value for money.
Staff at reception are nice and friendly.
The girls who are in the breakfast/dinning area are the most cheerful. Friendly. Staff I've seen in a long time. .who welcome you with a smile every time they see you .. They can't do enough for you. ..
The rooms are very comfortable and clean. I would glady stay there again.
There is a mall close by . And lots of bars and eating places close
All in all a nice friendly chilled place to stay.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for the kind feedback on your stay at the HGI Las Vegas Strip South. I am glad to hear that the excellent service provided by our "breakfast girls" contributed to your enjoyment. It is difficult to find amazing team members, but I feel fortunate to work together with people like our hard-working, morning restaurant staff with their outstanding customer service skills, who have been loyal to our valued guests and hotel for years.Thank you for your business, and please, stay with us again when you are in town.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 5, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was very clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was delicious. We enjoyed not being right on the strip with all the noise, but close enough to go when we wanted.
I read another review about a musty and stale odor, but we didn't encounter any bad odors at all.
It seems to us that the management and staff truly care about the customers and will try to be as accommodating as possible.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kishka M
David R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. Here at the hotel we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the location and amenities of our property to your satisfaction. We appreciate the nice comments and hope you will return when you are in the area next time.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 2, 2013

This hotel seems stuck in the 90s. The decor is old and needs replacing (which, based on a sign in the lobby, is in progress to some degree, even if it was not apparent to us). The hallways felt very low and closed in; I disliked the musty and stale odor. Because of its age, the hotel doesn't have the new, clean, and spacious feel of the newer Hilton Garden Inns. The room itself was clean and the bed ok. I hated the hair dryer and was glad we didn't have a wedding or dressy event to get ready for. The hair dryer gave off a pitiful stream of warmish air and the button had to be held down continuously in order to work. For this reason alone, I would not return to this particular hotel.
The front desk staff were wonderful. They read the comment notes on our reservation before we arrived and accomodated all our requests. They could not have been friendlier or nicer. The front desk clerk in particular was incredibly welcoming.
We wanted a hotel without a casino and smoke smell which we got. The location was a compromise and we knew that before we arrived; next time we will book a different hotel closer to Summerlin. But the hotel offered easy freeway access and was within walking distance of a Starbucks.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mary H
Thank you taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. We are grateful for the nice comment on our staff. I am sorry to hear that we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities you expected during your recent stay. We are in the process of remodeling (in four phases so that the quality of our guests' stays will not be affected), as a result of which the lobby will have the spacious, modern atmosphere you missed. We are glad you enjoyed your stay overall and if you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Standard garden inn. Friendly staff clean rooms. Feels new. Fast food near by and outlet mall for shopping. Quiet spot away from hustle of strip. Airport shuttle and free shuttle to Mandalay bay and outlet shopping. Nice to look outside and see desert.

• Stayed January 2013
David R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel! I am glad that you were able to experience our hospitality and we feel honorred to get such a positive feedback on our service, location and amenities from a Top TripAdvisor Contributor like you. Hope to see you return soon.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I arrived from LA late on wednesday night to do an interview the next day with a potential employer, the employer had claimed they had paid for the room, and found out later the hotel had lost its credit card on file, so when I arrived i was greeted with a bill, of course not prepared for this I had already maxed out my credit cards and so offered to pay cash which of course i was turned down and told no. I then explained the situation to the front desk staff, Frank i believe was his name and he didnt care, I even offered to put down 500.00 as deposit and pay the room rate, then reclaiming my 500.00 when i checked out the next day, still the answer was no. Worst staff reception ever, and while visiting the entire hotel was under construction making all the guests use a side entrance, what a pain. Later on down the road my room cost that I had to put on my debt card was to be reversed and even though they claimed to have done this, they still charged my card the next day. I eventually had to get my bank involved and management member of hilton to fix the issue, this manager decided to lie and play games, also this manager chose to lie to me about what really happened, as i had the printout from my bank, so i knew what she was telling me was completely false.
I will never ever again be staying at a Hilton Garden Inn. The blinds in the room didnt close all the way so the room was bright even at night, made it very tough to sleep.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Devin B
Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including places of improvement. I apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted. For the security of our valued guests’ credit/debit cards, we have a strict policy of not authorizing a third party credit card for a stay, unless we have a valid credit card authorization on file. In your case, as soon as we received the updated credit card authorization from your company, that is on the day of your departure, we did reverse the charges on your debit card. It may take up to 5 to 10 business days till the bank releases the authorized amount on debit cards, but since we faxed a request to your bank the very next business day your bank was open, the process had been expedited. I am extremely sorry that it caused inconvenience during your stay, but please, believe me, no one had the intention to mislead you by giving you false information. Also, our staff would have been more than happy to assist you with making your room completely dark by pulling the black-out curtains (located behind the curtains and drapes) together. I hope we will have the chance to see you back and we will make sure that you will have a great time at our Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South.