“Unexpected luxury”

Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South
Ranked #17 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Really surprised at how this "under priced" hotel measured up to the big guys in town.

First cabin service and super clean rooms. We stayed for 3 days and now wish we had been able to do a week there.

Its like this: Better amenities, shorter distances for facilities, kind and courteous staff, excellent food (Breakfast omlette's your way; no extra charge!) fresh fruit, cookies, and a cozy open bar area with great views. Dinner was excellent as well. Osso Bucco was amazing!

Having been here I can say now we'll never go back to the Big hotels/casinos with all the distances between amenities, the hike to the room, and waiting for this and that when we are in Vegas. These guys really get it and give it. You will not be disappointed. It was comparable to a
$300 suite down town for less than half that.

Room Tip: Ask for an eastern exposure if you like a desert sunrise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Stewski
David R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South. It is great to read that you enjoyed your time here and were able to take advantage of our great amenities and the location of our hotel. We hope our property will be your choice again when coming to town. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We used this Hotel just for one night after arriving from the UK at LV airport and before departing for a road tour in Arizona/Utah. It suited us perfectly for this purpose. It was literally a few minutes drive from the car rental center and then just a few minutes more & we were in the room. A superb contrast with some of the big-name strip hotels, where it can sometimes seem like an eternity to (a) get to the hotel due to traffic, (b) get checked-in due, (c) take a “hike” to the room. (d) wait ages for the bell-man to bring the luggage.
Difficult to find any fault with this hotel. The room was very nice and well equipped. There was complimentary wifi and fresh coffee. Breakfast was fine. Overall this was a great start to our holiday in the USA. Would definitely use this hotel again for a similar purpose.

2  Thank jonasurfer
David R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

I am so glad your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South was such a memorable one and a great start of your travels in the U.S.A. We truly thank you for taking the time in writing such a great review and hope we get a chance to see you on the way back or during the next local visit. Have a safe trip!

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Wednesday arrival at the airport and I called for the shuttle to pick me up. The desk asked which airline I flew in on and I told them Frontier, but they still didn't know which terminal I was in, so I had to go to a desk and ask. Once I told the desk I was in terminal 3, they told me to go out door 3 and cross two islands and stand on the last one just before the parking garage. I did, but it was confusing if I was at the right place. After about 15 min's I saw the van pull up at the island I had crossed, the 2nd one. Our room on the 4th floor was nice, the bed is a little stiff, but not bad. I had no problem with noise while trying to sleep. We used the buffet/restaurant in the hotel for breakfast. You order your eggs, pancakes or waffles and the rest is on the buffet Everything was good except the biscuits were cold and hard.There is a small, heated pool and a Jacuzzi that is nice, a really nice work out room with lots of really good equipment and we used both of these options. The shuttle runs from the hotel to Mandalay Bay on the hour, every hour until 11 p.m. Just make sure when they drop you off, you know how to get back to that point when it's time for them to pick you up and they want you to call them 20 min's before they pick you up so they know who will be there. The hotel is located at the very far South end of the strip. There is a Burger King right out front, a small convenience store next to that, a large outlet mall about 1/2 mile away and also a I-Hop, Dunkin Doughnut and a few other restaurants near by. If you want to be away from all the noise of the strip and have free transportation there when you want to go, this is the place!

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor and it was really quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank crackerman1981
David R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

We truly appreciate your recent feedback about the Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South. I am glad we were able to meet your expectations and you had a chance to experience the wonderful service from our staff.
I understand that after a long, tiring flight, our guests are ready to take our shuttle to the hotel as soon as possible, but our front desk agents have to make sure that they are sending the shuttle to the right terminal. We do have a list of the airlines for each terminal at the front desk, however, sometimes, the caller has already taken an airport shuttle from one terminal to another when they call, and our list is not of any help any more. That is the reason we would like our guests to know whether they are at Terminal 1 or 3 when they call for a pick-up.
We appreciate all your business and the helpful advice to fellow travelers. We look forward to your returning to our property and we count on your future feedback, as well.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I chose this hotel because it was close to a house party close by and discovered a wonderful property with perhaps the most helpful and competent staffs around! Andrea at the front desk was beyond stellar and pleasure to work with in dealing with the complexity of multiple reservations over ny stay - BRAVO! The fourth floor Junior Suite room I occupied was large, clean, and well furnished - the beds a dream! I had a wonderful view of the pool and grounds, with plenty of free parking and proximity to shopping and dining!

Room Tip: Request high floor quiet room facing pool (away from I-15).
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank JAB611

Thank you for the kind review you gave the Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South. I appreciate the kind words about our staff - we have a wonderful team, who go above and beyond to make sure that our our guests leave our hotel with positive experience. We thank you for your business and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

The hotel was comfortable and hard to fault in itself, but don't be misled - the location is very difficult if you are interested in visiting Las Vegas itself. They do have a shuttle service that runs once an hour, which is fine for getting to the very end of the strip, but it stops running around 11pm, which is very early for a city "which never sleeps". Getting back is even more difficult, as they will only pick you up if you call them half an hour in advance. Getting anywhere in Las Vegas is very arkward - you have to walk miles through casinos, and it's very easy to get lost - so guaranteeing to get anywhere with that much notice is very difficult to arrange. This is made even worse if you don't have a mobile that works on the US system, or if you don't want to make calls because of the prohibitive cost. When I mentioned this at the hotel they suggested asking a casino concierge - which does work after a lot of explaining, but even then you have to find the concierge (no one else will do it) and queue for their attention. Even taking texts would have made this easier, instead of requiring us to call. So we ended up often as not taking a cab, which was over $20 from the end of the strip. You need to factor this into the cost of this hotel before deciding whether or not this is a good deal.

Room Tip: another hotel?
1  Thank pavlovsfrog
David R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including places of improvement. I apologize that our complimentary shuttle to and from the strip was not convenient for your needs and I have taken your comments to our team to explore the possibility of better communication between the hotel front desk and our guests requesting a pick-up at Mandalay Bay. The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area, I hope that you will be our guest again.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stay here each year because its a good property with a nice staff and convenient for business. This year they got anew Chef and I ended up eating every night at the hotel, something I've never done because there are lots of good restaurants near by. But the Chef offered great specials each night and the food was excellent.
I agree with the other review regarding the beds. These blow-up things are uncomfortable and I hope they get rid of them soon.
Rooms are nice, furnishings good quality and the exercise room features Precor equipment. The best outlet mall is within walking distance, golf course down the road and another center with a movie theatre complex is also close-by. The south-end of the Strip is only a couple miles down the street. I'll stay here again, it meets all my needs and if you like to avoid the casinos consider this property.

Room Tip: You can avoid the morning or afternoon sun (heat) if your room faces north or south.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Immaculate, great size room, plenty of parking, really wonderful and helpful staff. Almost perfect except for the bed. The adjustable bed was terrible, hard and harder. Wife could not tolerate it. We left a day early though we paid for the second night, could not get refund. Breakfast was comped, but rather bland. Walking distance to our favorite outlet.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
David R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you very much for visiting our Trip Advisor. We appreciate your comments about your experience at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South.
We are happy to know that you found our staff friendly and the location of our hotel convenient. I am extremely sorry to hear that your wife was not satisfied with our mattresses. Our main goal is to make our valued guests feel as comfortable as possible, so if you choose our hotel for your stay during your next trip to Las Vegas, please, call our front desk prior to arrival, and we are more than happy to set the mattresses to the desired firmness.
We look forward to seeing you and your wife again.