“Excellent hotel when you are in Vegas for Work!”

Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South
Ranked #15 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed June 14, 2012

When you are on a business trip to Vegas, and you need a quiet, comfortable, clean hotel with great comfy beds, lots of electrical outlets in the room for all those chargers, and a -- GREAT KITCHEN for those nights you just can't get out to eat, then look no further. This HGI does everything the commercials claim. And a big plus: their staff has a superior "Can Do!" attitude. Thirsty after a long day? Then Susan will fix you right up at the bar. Location Location Location -- easy on and off to the Vegas Expressways, and even the Strip for some action. Bonus: Nice pool area, and very close to Outlet Mall. I like this place so much, I'm going back next week!

Room Tip: Higher floor, no adjoining room. But honestly, noise was not an issue here.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

We appreciate your review of the hotel. Coming from someone with so many reviews, it's great to be scored so well. Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,044)

Reviewed June 7, 2012

I stayed the night of Saturday, June 2 to avoid pricey gaming hotels on the strip. What a pleasant place to stay after a long flight. Check in was a fast unlike the lines at many of the large strip hotels. Had a yummy burger at the bar. Staff was very friendly. Room perfectly comfortable and clean. Will stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 24, 2012

My sister and I were visiting Vegas for the first time for her 30th birthday. We flew in and the complimentary shuttle was already at the airport to take us to the hotel. Our first impression of the hotel was awesome because of the wonderful and friendly driver who pointed out many things that were in walking distance from the hotel. It was so nice to have the shuttle to Mandalay Bay. Every person that drove the shuttle was so nice and helpful. It's a little further away from the Strip than I was expecting but it wasn't a big deal because of the shuttle. Everyone at the desk was great and accommodating. We didn't eat breakfast but we did have dinner the first night we were here and it was amazing, The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. This would be the first place I would try to get a room at the next time we come to Vegas

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mary D
Reviewed May 18, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in a junior suite, let me say that we are not big gamblers but went to L.V. as first timers looking for some gambling action. Most of the hotels at the strip were plenty full and charging almost the double for the room I paid in the Garden Inn. The location is not that great if you do not have a car, but there are hourly shuttle to Mandalay Bay hotel, which let me say really saved our vacations. Our suite was huge with wonderful views. The service provided by the staff wasn't personalized but it was very professional.

Next time I go Vegas I would stay here again without question.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
David R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate the feedback and try to be as accomodating as possible. I'm glad that you were satisified with our service and rates. Thank you once again and we hope to see you again soon in the not too distant future.

Reviewed May 10, 2012

It was our last night after coming back from the Grand Canyon, we decided to spend a little more and stay at a Hilton. At first we were turned off that it was far from the strip, but then we wanted something more quiet. The free WIFI is awesome and we jumped in the pool as soon as we checked it, no one was there so it was all to ourselves! The room was amazing, the bed, like all Hilton beds, was awesome. The shower did leak, so it was wet in the wash room every time we took a shower. The only downside was that our neighbours were pretty loud when they arrived from I would guess a night of partying. My husband wanted to call and complain but it is Vegas who knows what kind of people are beside us, you never know! I just told him to put on his head phones and try to go to bed. I did tell the front staff when we checked out and she told us we should have called the front desk. I understand, but like I said it was a Friday night, people are drunk, you don't know how they will react. We know now to ask for a more private room with no connecting door (they kept opening their side which was annoying and scary). Besides that it was a wonderful hotel and we would stay there again!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KAVIKAKAVIKA

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate the feedback and try to make your stays as pleasant as possible. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the pool and the adjustable mattress, and found the free wireless internet useful.
I apologize about the leaking shower and the noisy neighbours. Please, next time do not hesitate to call the front desk as soon as you have an issue during your stay - we will do our best to fix the maintenance problem and handle the noise complaint. In case of loud neighbors, we call the room where the noise is coming form, but never give out the room number of the guest who complained. Your security is guaranteed.
We hope you will chose our property for your stay during your next trip to Las Vegas. Thank you again for your business.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

There were 3A + 1C and we had the double beds in the room. Hotel was next to LV premium outlets and restaurants.

Room was big with plenty of space for the 4 of us. We received the usual Hilton service however note that this is Garden Inn and thus there may not be anyone around to help you with luggage.

Hotel was 10mins from the strip with hourly shuttle to Mandalay Bay hotel and 5mins from Airport Rental Centre. Great for vacation with young children as I didn't want my son to walk through the smoke-filled halls in the Casino hotels.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank 8babytiger

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. Your feedback helps us make your future stays even more enjoyable.
I am glad that you enjoyed the smoke-free environment at the Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South. Even though we are not a full-service hotel and we do not have a bell person to handle luggage, whenever our guests need help with their suitcases, one of our team members is always more than happy to do so.
Thank you for the great review again, and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

I don't have a very high opinion of Hilton Hotels in general but this one is the exception. It's small (by Vegas standards), clean and friendly. The staff really go out of their way to be helpful and are unfailingly cheerful. The rooms aren't particularly new but are clean, comfortable and large.
If you're looking for a hotel for your first stay in Vegas then this might not be the best choice as it's a reasonable distance from the "action" on the strip. If you're looking for something a little less manic than the big resort hotels then I'd happily recommend it.

Room Tip: If you don't want to have A/C on all the time, get an upstairs room so you can leave your window...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank perlogalism
David R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to post you wonderful review. We value all our guest’s feedback and it is rewarding for our staff to read of your comments.

I was especially delighted to read your comment about "our cheerful staff" and the cleanliness of the rooms. We strive to provide a 100%-satisfactory stay for our valued guests.

I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South in the near future. Please, contact us directly if you need assistance with your reservation.