“Service Issues at the Wynn”
Review of Wynn Las Vegas

Wynn Las Vegas
Ranked #5 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed November 9, 2006

The bell stand was not properly staffed. We arrived at 7:00 am and waited for 15 minutes before the door man was able to flag down a bell man. We were given a ticket for our bags and asked to call the bell desk from our room (5 star service?) We then proceeded to the front desk. The most unfriendly and sterile agents! Our agent checked us in to an unclean room. I called the front desk from the dirty room and no one answered the call. I then proceeded back to the front desk, to the same agent. She had given me the wrong room number. She did apologize and said she would upgrade us. The only difference was the room was on the 57th floor vs. our original room on the 17th floor. Needless to say, the upgrade was not worth the inconvenience or disappointment in their service. The Food and Beverage outlets were outstanding. If not for their impeccable service, I would have rated this trip horrible.
Upon checkout, my husband asked if he could have all charges on his credit card. The front desk agent agreed and told him she would, yet all of the charges ended up on my credit card. The agent never informed my husband that she would be placing the charges on my card. I happened to look at my statement at the airport only to find that my credit card had been charged. I called the front desk and they said that they could not do anything for me. She stated I would have to call Accounts Receivables on the following day. Overall, we were very dispointed with the level of service we received at the Wynn.

Stayed: November 2006
15  Thank mslove7111

Reviewed November 6, 2006

Beautiful property. Rooms are excellent. If you stay on the Strip side when there is an event going on beware. Stayed on the 32nd floor and the noise from the ground level party kept us awake until it ended at 4AM.
Management I spoke to was totally indiferent and made no attempt at adjusting the bill.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
8  Thank getjdb
Reviewed November 6, 2006

The rooms at the Wynn were huge and very nice. My only complaint is the Casino staff. Dealers were impatient and rude. It's a nice place to stay, but go somewhere else to gamble!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
6  Thank Renee24
Reviewed November 5, 2006

We spent four days at the Wynn and we loved it! I am so surprised by some of the recent negative reviews. We never waited in line longer 3-5 minutes at check out or check in, and we did both at the busiest time of day. All the staff were friendly and helpful. The room (standard resort) was spacious and very clean. The ONLY negative thing...and this is pretty minor...was that the window glass needed a better cleaning. There were a few "face prints" from prior guests who had leaned against it admiring the fantastic view of the Vegas lights with the mountains in the background. They didn't show up until night when the room lights reflected off the window, so maybe the cleaning staff just didn't notice them during the day. The bed was dreamy and we loved the bathroom...flat screen tv and all! Overall I thought the hotel decor was interesting. I finally decided the best way to describe it is "elegantly whimsical". We were most pleasantly surprised by the casino and casino staff. We fully expected it to be "stuffy" and unfriendly to small time gamblers like us, but we had a blast at every black jack table ($15 minimum tables...told you we were small time!) The dealers were super friendly and funny...joking around and even trying to help the players who seemed a little unsure. Even the pit boss visited with us. I was standing watching my husband play blackjack when the pit boss came over and told me to feel free to sit down. I told her I wasn't playing (most casinos frown on non players sitting at the tables), and she told me that as long as there weren't any players standing and waiting on a seat I could feel free to relax. She even called over a waitress to get me a drink. Two different dealers told us they loved working there because they had so much fun at work. Unfortunately we never ate at any of the resort restaurants. We did have a fantastic meal at The Range inside of Harrah's and at Joe's at Cesar's Palace. We gambled at both casinos and found neither of them to be as friendly as the Wynn. We wouldn't hesitate to go back to the Wynn!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
15  Thank cdgrt86
Reviewed November 5, 2006

The Wynn was way overrated. We decided to stay there after we were notified that the Stardust (where we had our reservation) would be closing. We wanted something close to the convention center so we could walk or take their free shuttle. The shuttle was supposed to run every 15 minutes, but in the four days we were there, we only took it once because we gave up on waiting and took a cab. The only way to get there by walking is to go all the way down the strip to convention center drive. You can't cut through the golf course and the other streets do not have sidewalks. At night, I don't think I would want to walk through there anyway. All of the restaurants closed by 10:00, except one, which was open 24 hours. The service there was horrible. It took us an hour and a half to get sandwiches and fries. Our tea, which was $5 a glass was never refilled, even though we asked several times. Also, nothing opened before 8:00 am, so there was nothing except the 24 hour restaurant for breakfast. We had to order room service since we needed to be gone by 8:00 and didn't have time to eat in the restaurant. It was $70 for an order of french toast, waffles, a glass of milk and glass of orange juice because they charged 18% gratuity and a $10 delivery fee. There was a "drug store" which was actually a Wynn t-shirt shop that sold bottles a water, coke and power bars. I still don't get the screen thing that was supposed to be worth paying extra for a strip side view. We couldn't hear it from the room, but every 15 minutes or so, a head would pop out of the water and the screen behind the waterfall played a video of a lady dancing. We could, however, hear the DJ and music from the club "Trist" until 4:00 in the morning all the way up in our room on the 24th floor. One morning on the news, there was a story about the Wynn and MGM being the only 5-star hotels on the strip. The only thing 5-star at the Wynn was the price. I was much happier with a suite at the now closed Stardust which was a third of the price of the "resort" room at the Wynn. At least there they appreciated our business.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
18  Thank marcieme
Reviewed November 1, 2006

My husband and checked into the Wynn for a long weekend, and the problems started out right away.

We flew in from overseas, and were eager to check in and get some rest. I was told that there were rooms available, but not for the rate I was booked into. Before I could even ask if we could change (I was not even asking for an upgrade, just a chance to switch to the available room), I was told to "get some breakfast" and come back later when it was less busy!

After waiting an hour we were finally given a room by the construction taking place at the hotel. We were so tired that we took the room, only to be awake a few hours later when another couple tried to enter our room. Yes, the front desk double booked our room and gave out our room key again!! Talk about a safety problem!!!!

That was still not enough to get us switched to a new room - I had to go down three times the next day for a change.

The hotel is clearly understaffed and under trained. There were long delays for everything, from checking in, getting our luggage, and even hailing a taxi.

A poor, poor example of what service a 5 star hotel should deliver. Save your money for somewhere that matters.

• Stayed: October 2006
17  Thank SeattleTravel99
Reviewed October 31, 2006

We had to see it for ourselves. The hotel has a great reputation within Vegas. Most of it is deserved. The casino is very nice and the staff is friendly. The pool area is beautiful and even has a topless area. (it is Vegas) The spa services are very expensive. The food is very expensive. The room is very expensive. Unfortunately the hotel decorator should be shot. Andy Warhol paintings were bad even in the 70s. The room had a great view but it was poorly cleaned when we arrived. After 2 calls to housekeeping and 2 visits by their staff we gave up on getting the bottle cap and other dust and junk out from under the nightstands. The lobby laser water show is a joke. Try the Bellagio or the Venetian for better rooms.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple