“3rd Time and Still THE best by FAR!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Wynn Las Vegas

Wynn Las Vegas
Ranked #5 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Los Gatos, California
“3rd Time and Still THE best by FAR!”
Reviewed September 21, 2009

My husband and I just returned last night from 3 amazing nights at the Wynn Tower Suites. This was my 3rd visit to Wynn/Encore this year. Each visit was amazing. I honestly have NO complaints!!!

I must say...if you can swing it.....book the Tower Suites at Wynn. Talk about feeling even more like royalty. You have a separate entrance, check in,elevator, personal concierge, restaurant AND 2 elevated VIP pools for Tower guests only!

Rooms -
ALL the rooms seem to be beautiful. The normal Wynn rooms will have EVERYTHING you need. The Panoramic rooms at Encore as equally beautiful, set up the same, just a different color scheme. The Wynn Tower Suites are bigger, the must have 20 foot ceilings in the the normal Tower Suite Room!

Service -
EVERYONE we encountered we MORE then happy to assist us. From the front desk, the concierge, the restaurant staff, pool staff......AND..they truly seemed to enjoy helping you. BUT...my husband and I do not have "attitude" and I think a smile and kindness go a long way...what comes around goes around.

Pool -
I can't comment much on any pool except the European Pool...which I have been to all 3 times I stayed there. Yes, this pool is deisgnated as a "topless" pool. But, don't let that deter you. Yes, there are some boobs on display...but in a VERY tactful way. I met some wonderful new friends at this pool and am still in touch with them. For a REALLY special treat rent a "lilly pad" in the pool.....they sit inside the pool in about 2 inches of water.....GREAT for lounging. My husband and I closed the pool down on Saturday...

Restaurants -
If you can only go to one place...DO NOT miss SW Steakhouse. This was my third time dining at this restaurant and I still have NO complaints. From the staff to the food to the show on the lake of dreams...it is a MUST!!!!! Oh...and try to save room for the funnel cake tree.......
We also at ate the ZooZoo cafe....awesome burgers!
Room service is VERY quick and efficient. We ordered and within 15 minutes had our food AND they asked when we would like our table picked up. The food was hot and fresh! Not cold like some other room service I have experienced!

Bars and Clubs -
I have been to both Tryst (such a beautiful club) and Blush on more then one occasion. It just depends on what you are in the mood for. Yes, it can be difficult to get in...BUT...a smile goes a LONG way!!! It's much easier for the girls then the guys....sorry to say. But, my hubby and I got in free to Blush. There is a bar at Encore that is SOOOO great for people watching....I think we sat there one night for 3 hours ordering drinks and laughing with the bar tenders and some new friends! I have yet to go to XS at Encore...the lines are RIDICULOUS but I am sure at some point I will have to find my way in. Again..there is ALWAYS a way to get your self into these clubs.....get to know the guys at the door......

Shopping -
YES..the stores are VERY high end! But...fun to go in and maybe just splurge on a special item!!!!! But, I have great shopping at home so that is not my focus when I am in Vegas!!!

Obviously...I have NOTHING bad to say about either Encore or Wynn. They are 2 of the BEST resorts in Vegas. You will feel pampered and like royalty. We are already planning our next trip.

The next trip I will make sure to visit the Spa...just haven't been able to fit it in...but have walked through and what an AMAZING feeling. It's this type of zen feeling you get when you step off the elevator...and the smell....OMG!

SO..a HUGE thank you to everyone at Wynn and Encore for making our trip so special and memorable!!! See you soon!

4 Thank 1Goldiegirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,385)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, IL
Reviewed September 21, 2009

If you go to Vegas, stay at the Wynn. I've stayed in many top hotels in the U.S. (including the Peninsula in Beverly Hills, the Mark in New York) and I have to say this is the best hotel experience I've ever had. If you want to get away from the noise and dregs of the strip - stay here. It's more like you're at a resort than in Las Vegas. The lobby and registration area is gorgeous. From the most comfortable bed, to the large room, large bathroom with soaker tub and shower. The soundproofing - amazing - we didn't hear a thing - it felt like we were the only people there. The customer service - fantastic. We ate lunch at the Country Club - best burgers! We had lunch at Zoozoocrackers - fantastic deli food. Had drinks in the French restaurant and sat on the terrace for the light show at the waterfall, beautiful. The spa services - excellent. Ask for Pam for massage and make sure to get mani/pedi -worth the expense. Also, beautiful things to look at wherever you go. Highly, highly recommend the Wynn!

1 Thank DellaM211
New York
Reviewed September 21, 2009

The Wynn is beautiful! I have stayed in many hotels in Vegas (Mirage, Mandalay Bay, Luxor, TI, Bally's) and the Wynn definitely is the best! It is clean and airy and open, nice and bright. This is a welcome change from most of the typical dark and smoky Vegas casinos and hotels. We stayed on the non-strip side - the views of golf course, pools and mountains were lovely, however we were bothered one evening by the music of the night club. The room was great, very clean and big, beds were really comfortable.
As far as restaurants at the hotel, we ate at Zoozacrackers (deli, fast lunch) - it was very good. We had lunch one day at Terrace Point Cafe (outside overlooking pool) which was also very good. We enjoyed college football at the sports book and also had cocktails at Parasol Up (smoky). We ate at the casual Asian restaurant at the Encore which was delicious. We hung out poolside one day at the adult-only European Pool. The water was nice, but the people hanging out there are a bit extreme! Reality check people - the Wynn is really nice, but you are not rich and famous, let's bring it back to earth please. Between the buff bodies and reserved seating, we thought we were on some funny reality show about people who think they were really important, but are really just like everyone else. Those unfortunate folks are no reflection on the hotel which ulitmately is a great place to stay! Next visit for us to Vegas, we may try the Encore, but would definitely return the Wynn again too, you can not go wrong by staying at this wonderful hotel!

2 Thank JJ2007_1
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed September 19, 2009

I took the wife and kids to Las Vegas to close out the summer before school starts and we had a blast! The staff was friendly and the room was immaculate. The location was perfect---my wife appreciated that it wasn't too far from the Fashion Show mall! I would definitely come back again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Quebec
Reviewed September 19, 2009

My partner and I have been traveling to Vegas for the past four years to get away from the dreaded wet summers we've been having in Quebec. We've stayed at different hotels starting with the Luxor, MGM, Red Rock and this year the Wynn.

What can I say. The Wynn was truly amazing, the hotel, accomodations, the shops, the spa and the gym facilities were top notch. We saw Le rêve which is a must see while in Vegas, dined at some of the top restaurants and spent way to much moula shopping but it was worth every penny.

If you are looking for a first class hotel with fabulous pools, food, entertainement, accomodations, look no futher you've found it at the Wynn.

The only down side was the service. The reception desk and consierge were so so. But that does not mean I would not go back in a heart beat.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 17, 2009

We got a very good deal for $150/night over Memorial day weekend. Asked is they would give us a room with a view since it was our anniversary but they really didnt do anything for us. I would really ask for a golf course view if I stay again. The room, despite not having a view, was very nice and comfortable. We were close to the elevator and could hear the occasional noise, but it wasn’t bad. We enjoyed the pool and service there and at the restaurants we ate. The Wynn is huge and you could spend your whole vacation without leaving the hotel. Overall, we enjoyed our stay. The service was a bit impersonal but overall friendly. Just don't expect extra attention unless you are a high roller.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Esterillos Este, Costa Rica
Reviewed September 16, 2009

We stayed here for Labor Day weekend with a group of friends- and had a blast. The hotel is beaitiful. details are comfy beds, very nice decor, great food, quick room service. Only a few dissapointments...first of all ge to the Pool early and stay in your seats- the 'gaurds" walk around and if youre not in your seats it appears as if you are "saving seats" and will remove your items. there are not that many chairs in the pool so arrive early. also dont bother ordering food by the pool- sandwiches are pre-wrapped looks like they made it the day before & pulled it out of a vending machine. At least put it on a paper plate. other than that the hotel is perfect.
we will saty again.