“hate it”

Ranked #4 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
A TripAdvisor Member
Corona
Reviewed December 3, 2005

The staff is rude. If you don't dress like you're rich, you're not going to get get good service. The hotel is not for children. There is a sign posted "No STROLLERS allowed". You can bring a wheelchair and run over someone but kids cannot ride in a stroller. We received a comment from an elderly female who said that she agrees with the hotel policy. I told her that she's about to be in a wheelchair soon and I hope they outlaw that in this casino.

Stayed: December 2005
16  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Write a ReviewReviews (19,345)

Reviewed November 30, 2005

stayed one night at the wynn use to be a big desert inn man. I agree the staff is rude and acts like you dont matter, even the high roller who was behind me got slid. The room was nice but bathroom could of been cleaner. Golf course looked nothing like my old desert inn country club (miss that).

Played a little at the casino and wont play there again. snobby dealers/staff hard to get a drink. If you want comps pass on the wynn too

Honestly i'll stay at green valley ranch next time

Stayed: June 2005
20  Thank gowest2006
Reviewed November 30, 2005

Stayed at Wynn at beginning of November for 3 nights with 7 other couples.

Had a resort room on 34th floor overlooking strip which was very luxurious and the most comfortable bed ever. The bathroom was extremely large and the bath was so big and deep it was a pleasure to have a bath and then wrap up in the soft bathrobe and luxurious slippers.

The restaurant staff are the most unhelpful around, everything is a problem and they are very negative in their replies. The buffet was the best place and value for breakfast. We ate there twice and both times the food was very good. We ate at the Country Grill where the food was OK but service so slow, it took 1 1/2 hours to be served a salad!! Also had breakfast at Terrace Point Cafe and Country Club Grill, again the service was so slow and took about 1 1/2 hours to have a meal.

The pool area was very nice and not very crowded.

We ate on the terrace at The Mix at Mandalay Bay which is on 62nd floor of The Hotel overlooking the strip and this was superb, the food was good and the staff attentive, highly recommended. There is also a cocktail bar up there which serves snacks.

Overall it is a great hotel with very bad service in its restaurants. It creates an illusion of 5* luxury but does not provide the service to go with it.

41  Thank MowgliTheTripReview
Reviewed November 29, 2005

Spent four nights at the Wynn. Room was spotless and beautiful, and the view of the strip at sunrise and at night was beautiful. Front desk service was prompt, pleasant and efficient. Restaurant service was so-so. The most surprising part of the trip was the number of young children....taking over the pool with screams and games. Needless to say we turned around and decided not to enjoy a swin in the 85 degree heated pool. Children seemed to be everywhere under your feet.....while it was Thanksgiving weekend it was annoying....I don't go to Disneyland....kids should stay out of Vegas and let it be the adult playground it was meant to be.
The hotel was decorated for Christmas...it was elegant. We could not check out on line and had to go to the front desk, at first annoyed, but they were apologetic and again prompt.

• Stayed: November 2005
28  Thank TravelTJ
Reviewed November 29, 2005

I stayed in August 2005 and am headed back next week, Got a free 3 night stay mail offer and I can't wait to get back!

So many nice touches, I do not know where to start. The excellent bed and pillows, the flat screen TV, the floor to cieling windows, the view--most Strip hotels charge a prevmium for a view of something other than a parking lot. Not the Wynn--It was so cleverly designed that all the rooms either provide a strip or mountain/golf course view.

• Stayed: August 2005
20  Thank Dalew
Reviewed November 28, 2005

Despite all the negative reviews I've read on Wynn, I went ahead to make my reservation 2 months ago simply because we want to try out this hotel. I did my booking on the Wynn's website & asked for a Non-Smoking, 2 Queen bed resort room good for 3 people.

When we arrived 11/26 & checked in around 6 pm, I informed the front desk that there were 4 of us. We were then curtly told that there were no NS 2QB rooms available. To make a long story short, we relented and agreed to a NS King size room and a rollaway bed.

After 5 hours, there was still no rollaway bed so I called housekeeping to inquire. I was floored to discover that there were none available and that the hotel ran out of rollaway beds early during the day. I called the Front Desk immediately to inform them of my predicament & was told that they will check into it & call back. Half an hour after, I checked with housekeeping & they said no instructions were given by the Front Desk, besides, no beds were available anyways. I immediately called the Front desk & asked to speak to the Manager & got the Asst. Mgr. instead. From our conversation, I found out that the the person at the FD who was supposed to take care of the problem left for the day without resolving the problem!
After lodging in a very strong complaint, the Asst. Mgr. was able to provide a NS 2QB resort room in 5 minutes complete with first time apologies! This led me to suspect that I was lied to & taken for a ride by the inefficiency, lack of training & mismanagement of the Front Desk staff.

The hotel itself was great, so were the rooms & you can't complain about the buffet spread. The beds & pillows were comfy but the size of the beds were more of a Full than Queen.

Unfortunately, first impression counts a lot & my first experience with the Wynn will probably be the last!

24  Thank Peter L
Reviewed November 28, 2005

Well, a 2 day stay at this lovely facility, except the nickle and diming you is very bothersome. For example, $25 to use the gym, $10 to see the Ferrari dealership to name a couple. I spoke with a number of friends, and this seems to be the trend in Vegas these days, however, when you spend upwards of $350 a night, you expect some "freebies?!?!?!" Am I wrong?

Anyhow, the rooms were quite nice and comfy, but realistically, how many of us spend any "quality" time in the room anyhow.

The casino was not so impressive, but the grounds were nice. Of course, it would have been nice to play the golf course, but that too was a bit pricey - $500 a round and you have to be a guest of the hotel.

Stayed: November 2005