“Wynn Las Vegas not a winner”
Review of Wynn Las Vegas

Wynn Las Vegas
Ranked #5 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
San Diego, CA
“Wynn Las Vegas not a winner”
Reviewed June 19, 2005

My parents stayed at the Wynn resort to celebrate a special occasion, at the same time I stayed at the Bellagio with my boyfriend. I am happy to share their and my experience with the Wynn LV. My mother booked the hotel online many months before, the rates were fluctuating and at the time of check in, there was a slightly lower rate than that she had booked. I do commend the Wynn for honoring the lower rate. At the rate she paid, it was worth the price (less than $800/3 nights), any more than that I would not recommend. The rooms are tastefully decorated, comfortable, bright, nice amenities. You will be charged for the minibar if you just move any items, however my parents were refunded as they did not use any of the minibar items. Service- staff are very nice and not pretentious, however it is very apparent that is still highly unorganized, for example the confusion of everyone- staff and guests- at the hostess stand of the terrace cafe (where breakfast was good, lunch we were disappointed with). Pool is nothing extraordinary- small, cabanas are typical, I thought a bit cheesy; we did enjoy the poolside gaming and some of the tables did have reasonable card minimums on a Saturday afternoon. Overall the WOW factor of a hotel costing $3B was missing.

7 Thank sd_globetrotter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,409)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed June 19, 2005

I just returned from my first stay at the Wynn. Save your money for a hotel with the same amenities for a better value, unless you're the type that just likes to brag about how much money you burn.

The property is essentially "Bellagio North." The casino interior looks nearly identical to The Bellagio. Apart from the ceramic tile flooring (very nicely designed patterns), there isn't much originality to the interior design: same crown molding, same ceiling, same tapestry, same light fixtures. This speaks volumes about the lack of substantive imagination of the creators. Why the architects decided to make the interior of this hotel look so similar to the Bellagio is beyond me. It's a modern design on the outside, so why not make a similar design inside? The direction signage is confusing, and there are very few places to just sit down and rest apart from a central bar (with a waiting list) and the slot chairs (probably intentional).

The Wynn parts ways from Bellagio primarily when it comes to price: it's even more expensive. The rooms go for $350 and up on average. A poolside margarita is $10.50, but it gets better than this. For example, after dinner on Saturday night around 8 p.m., my wife and I tried to get a table at the patio bar that overlooks that bizarre Orwellian pond/light show thing (where the head comes up out of the water at the end) near the lobby. We were well-dressed. There were two entrances to the patio bar, each blocked by a velvet rope and a security guard. When I showed the guard my room card and politely inquired about availability, I was met with the curt response, "Sir, it's $100 per person....and all our tables are filled." I couldn't stop laughing to myself. Rich Lemmings all, I suppose. Did I mention the golf green fee is $500 per person? Yeah...five hundred dollars.

The pools themselves are especially unremarkable. Just two square pools and a narrow one in between. The designers invested their money in these pretentious bungalows lined along the narrow pool, each equipped with a Warholesque painting, a flat panel TV and a couch. I didn't bother to ask how much this cost, fearing a similar, "Sir...." - like response I received the night before. The pool was just plain bor-ring...

The rooms were a nice touch, but do not belive their ads about how they "could be mistaken for an apartment in New York" or some other crowded place. They are no better/spacious/more comfortable than the rooms at Mandalay Bay, and not as nice as the tower suties at Ceasar's, Venetian or the rooms at the Four Seasons. Sure, the flat panel TV is a nice gimmick, but other less expensive hotels offer this too. How long will that set the place apart? I disliked the 70's-throwback dark brown walls.

I will visit, but not stay at the Wynn next time. It's ideal for the folks who like to brag about status and how much money they burn. If you're the type that wants a nice hotel on your LV visit, there are better places at far less cost.

Stayed June 2005
23 Thank Mark D
Colchester, UK
Reviewed June 19, 2005

Having read several reviews on this site, I was a little wary about my 4 night trip to WYNN Las Vegas. I stayed June 15-19.
What I found was the best hotel I have stayed at in Las Vegas. It beats The Venetian hands down. It is as good as The Mirage if not better. Service and room quality are as good as Green Vally Ranch.
WYNN is a beautiful hotel. The lack of theme doesn't matter. The staff are exceptionally courteous and friendly. Housekeeping was excellent and they cleaned the room every day before 3pm. On our first day, a supervisor knocked and checked to make sure we were satisfied with the service from housekeeping. The rooms are stunning. We booked a resort room and got upgraded to a Strip view on 27. Our rate had dropped by $175 from the time we booked to our arrival and they did not hesitate to honour the lower rate. The bathtub is to die for and this will be the most comfortable bed you will ever sleep in. The whole feel is one of total luxury.
The pool area is great and again the staff are friendly. Everyone seems to be happy to be working there. Security is tight when trying to access the elevators or pool deck but security were very courteous and friendly in checking room cards.
I went armed with a volly of things to look for to criticise because of what I had read here. I found none of the common complaints in evidence.
Please try this hotel, it is exceptional and it would seem that any early teething troubles have been ironed out.

11 Thank andyfitch
Orange, CA
Reviewed June 19, 2005

We just got back from a great weekend at the Wynn Hotel. We were very impressed with the hotel, easy to find hotel entrance, courteous valet, very helpful front desk/concierge, beautiful room and FABULOUS restaurants! I read mixed reviews about the Wynn Hotel but YOU HAVE TO SEE AND EXPERIENCE IT YOURSELF to believe that this hotel is one of the best hotels there is. As to luxury, comfort and security, ie. Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton, I think Wynn Hotel is up there with these other great hotels.

We also went to see the show Le Reve.....THE BEST. Everybody in the theater was on their feet after the show, clapping and shouting. Definitely deserving a standing ovation!

We went to eat at the SW Steakhouse. OUTSTANDING. Excellent food and great service. Chef Klein was actually going to each table asking patrons how their dinner was. Great job Chef Klein!

If you are looking for a great LAS VEGAS hotel where luxury, impeccable service and comfort is standard, check out the WYNN HOTEL.

12 Thank Ria V
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 17, 2005

Stayed on in mid June 2005 for a mid week rate of $159.

Room was clean and everything looked new. Bed and sheets where top notch.

Nice Gateway LCD TVs. The Avaya phone even had a little color browser screen. High speed internet will cost you $12.95/day.

Buffet was the best we had in vegas. Food quality was high and variety was great. Lamb and fish stood out. Desserts were awesome. They even had fresh Lychee fruit, that costs about $5 a pound.

Service in the buffet wasn't the best around. We had to track waiters down to get more beverages.

We also went to Bellagio buffet twice, Rio and Paris.

Didn't try their high end restaurants as we went to Nobu and Picasso. Nobu has the best Japanese around, provided you can ignore the loud atmosphere.

Picasso has incredible art and excellent food and service.

Compared to the best in San Francisco..
Ritz carlton sunday brunch buffet has even higher quality food, but less diversity than Wynn Buffet.

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Cherry Hill,NJ
Reviewed June 17, 2005

Just returned from a 7 night stay and this hotel is fabulous in every respect!! Had none of the problems mentioned in the negative reviews. Our host Shannon was terrific! My wife and I look forward to returning.

8 Thank DANTE1215
Buckinghamshire, UK
Reviewed June 17, 2005

We have just returned from a week long holiday/wedding in the USA and the final 3 days were spent in Las Vegas at The Wynn. If anyone is in any doubt, they needn't worry. In my opinion "The is the coolest place in town". (This is my ninth visit)

We booked about a month earlier and took advantage of excellent, mid-week rates. Helped along by the great exchange rate, we found this a bargain. I can only decribed our stay, as five star, in terms of value. I also would have been happy to pay the weekend rate, clearly reflects the resort's quality.

The hotel is new and it seems that the early teething problems, (which i have read so much about), have been ironed out. The staff were friendly, efficient and seemed to have been together for much longer than the six weeks that The Wynn had been open. My girlfriend lost a purse and the staff were able to locate it and return it with minimal fuss.

Our room was on the 32nd floor (out of 60). It was spacious, well appointed, the most comfortable of beds, with a fantastic view of the strip, through ceiling to floor windows.

Tip: All odd numbered rooms face The Strip, all even numbered rooms face the Golf Course. If you are a Vegas regular, go for EVEN. If you a relatively new in town go ODD. Also go for a high numbered room on each floor for a better view down The Strip. Eg 39, 41, 43, 45, ........ 55, 57. There are 2 main elevator shafts. One serving the lower rooms up to floor 27, and one covering the upper floors 28 - 60. Floors 40-49 (Executive Suites), have a private elevator. Our stay on the 32nd floor, meant that the elevator usually, went direct to our floor.

The pools are great and it is easy to forget that your are in Las Vegas. The hotel does start cast a shadow on the pool area, starting from mid-afternoon, but there are many areas that stay in full sunlight until dusk. The Cabana Bar is also a comfortable place to chill-out.

Personally I ate only once in The Wynn, at one of the casual restaraunts, who's name escapes me. The food was fine and I would be happy to recommend it. Our friends raved on about the buffet ($14.99, I think). The general vibe was it is the best buffet in town.

The Parasol Down bar is also a great find, situated by the lake & waterfalls. There is a light show, (on the hour 9pm until 1am), which although clearly isn't the Bellagio Fountains, seems to be in keeping with the hotels, understated nature.

I have no problem what so ever recommending The Wynn, for anyone who's pocket suits a great value, five star resort. Or somebody who is in town and wants the best ora treat.

Well Done Steve.