“Take it from a repeat visitor!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wynn Las Vegas

Wynn Las Vegas
Ranked #5 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
A TripAdvisor Member
“Take it from a repeat visitor!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2005

I stayed at Wynn again a month after my first visit. I can tell you that it was even better than my last stay which was just about perfect. This time around, they had some software issues which did not allow me to check-in when I got there. If you do it right and go to Vegas with a plan, this shouldn't be an issue. I just checked my luggage in at the bell desk, walked around the resort, checked out the Ferrari dealership and had lunch at the Country Club Grill which are all things I planned on doing. When I went back to check-in, my room was ready and they even upgraded me to a panoramic view room for the inconvenience (even though it really wasn't much of an inconvenience at all). I paid special attention to all the things that people were complaing about here. I can tell you that they've made leaps and bounds of improvement. Housekeeping was top notch (twice a day and turndown service), the front entrance was a breeze to use at all times, cabs were jamming through no problem, etc. SW Steakhouse is amazing, but getting a spot on the terrace outside is very hard. Get there WAY before your reserved time if you want one or be a high roller.

Got comped 2 free buffets for minimal play (3 hours of Pai Gow averaging $30) which was excellent.

Overall, an excellent experience and I can't wait to go back in July.

• Stayed June 2005
      Rooms
43 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,365)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2005

May 29, 2005. First off, I did not stay here, just a three hour visit. Driving into their self-park lot was a breeze. You then take an elevator to the resort. First stop was the Ferrari store, I believe. My boyfriend wished to purchase some tennis shoes there for his son but their inventory was low due to the high demand of their products. The cashier (sorry forgot your name!) gladly took down the information and she said would contact us once their order arrived.

Off for drinks. We made our way to the waterfall bar (Parasol) when on our way the girl from the store found us and said she discovered a pair in our size. We returned to the shop and all was good!! Customer service started off good!

We stopped in the Parasol Bar and had two drinks. No biggy $17.50 for a Mimosa and Gin/Tonic. No one waited on us so I went to the bar myself. The second time I was at the bar I orded the same round and was charged the same price. A lady next to me ordered two Mimosas AT $34.00 for two. I explained to her that Mimosas were only $10 each not $17. She questioned the bartender and he said no, he was right, at $17 each. I asked to look at her receipt - which stated two Perrier Jouet glasses of Champagne. I told her they poured California Sparkling Wine not Perrier Jouet. Again she asked the bartender and he said that's the key they use to charge for Mimosas. Enough said!!! Even after I explained that I was charged $10 for Mimosa and $7.50 for the Gin/Tonic.

Our next stop was the deli at the sports book. We did not want to wait in the long line so we decided to eat at the bar. Since the bar had video poker the bartender said we HAD to play until our food arrived in order to sit at the bar. I'm surprised we did not HAVE to play while eating. Granted it was a good burger but obtaining condiments was another story.

That's a wrap. Oh my impression - It left a sour taste in my mouth seeing those ladies ripped off for $34.00 for two Mimosas. Perhaps they were charging a fanny pack surcharge?

• Stayed May 2005
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
15 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2005

Excellent food, service and a spectacular room with floor
to ceiling windows. You definately get what you pay for
as room prices are not cheap but well worth the
expense. Adults only pool is a great feature for those
not traveling with children. I could go on and on..........

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2005

I stayed at the Wynn May 18th-May23rd. I had the greatest time at the Wynn it is one of the most beautiful hotels if not the best hotel I ever stayed at. It is gorgeous and everything was done in great taste. The drapes and the furniture the ceilings and the decor was amazing it does'nt feel like you in a hotel its more like a fancy resort, no noise from the casino and you dont have to walk through the casino with your bags to get to your room like you do in many other hotels. I've been coming to Vegas every year for thew past eleven years and i will be back it was a very enjoyable vacation. We stayed in the Tower Suites we had our own pool which was easy to get to and our own check in which was also great. Iam a smoker and i did'nt smell any smoke just the beautiful scent of the fresh flowers throughout the hotel. I will definetly be coming back for more indulgence at the Wynn. Love it Love it my congrats to Steve Wynn for doing a marvelous Job!

• Stayed May 2005
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2005

i was supposed at wynn i didnt because of the negative review-dont beleibe it..its false info-we stayed there for one night and loved it

Stayed May 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2005

We stayed at Wynn after being Bellagio devotees. I must say, there is a reason that Wynn's casinos always draw rave reviews. The service and courtesy of the staff is far beyond anywhere else on the Strip. When I lose money, I want my dealer to be sad for me. They always were. The Bellagio has been a disappointment the last several visits because everyone always seemed in a hurry or put-out; it was a nice change to stay and play somewhere where you didn't have to have pockets full of money to be treated pleasantly.

We enjoyed Tableau on 3 occasions. We ate dinner there once, had hors d' ouvers once, and enjoyed breakfast one day. You must try the strawberry ricotta pancakes w/ lemon syrup. Yummmm. Each time, the wait staff was accommodating & helpful. Another evening, we ate at SW (the steakhouse). The food was good, but the service was awfully slow. I realize that we were "dining", which was good, but I needed some water in the desert, and my glass was (repeatedly) empty.

Moving along...the golf course, which our room overlooked, is very pretty. My husband, who is an avid golfer, had planned on playing there since the course is reseved only for guests. Well, he changed his mind after learning that it is $500 to play on a course that occupies 2 city blocks. Pebble Beach isn't even that expensive. Perhaps people play for the novelty of saying they played, but it was pretty ridiculous. It appeared that other people agreed because we never saw more than about a half-dozen golf carts at a time. Sure, it's not crowded, but come on!!

On a very happy note, La Reve is the best of the Vegas shows. I have seen Mystere, O, and Zumanity, and La Reve is absolutely my favorite. The music was upbeat and, unlike the other Cirque shows (other than Zumanity which is just strange), the story was clear and fun to follow. It displayed the typical mix of comedy and drama, but Dragone (the creator, no longer part of Cirque, I guess) was absolutely impressive.

Overall, it was the friendliness and courtesy that made the experience wonderful. I hope Wynn keeps this one, as it's smaller scale and happy employees make a huge difference!!

Stayed June 2005
27 Thank purplepony28
Hamburg
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2005

I was there at the opening week in April. As a visitor I was impressed, although it was very noticable that the Bellagio once belonged to Steve Wynn. Casino, flower garden, high end shops, italian style pool area: it very much looked like the Bellagio.

I really liked the pool area, italian style with a long workout lane. Extremely cool idea. Also the cabanas were fancy, not like tents but rather two story town houses, with all the works. Why not sleep there?

Did like the tiling on the floor and many details inside. I added some pictures.

It was fun to watch the people (millionaire guests and guests).

Valet parking was a blast to watch, but they really take security a bit too far. Screening botton of cars with mirrors.

I was surprised to see nothing but fake grass at the strip entrance. This hotel was so expensive, why fake grass?? People on their knees could not believe it.

I rate a quality of a hotel foremost on how good of a stuff it has. Steve Wynn must have found it hard to find good people. Ferrari store was a disappointment, the sales people don't know their inventory and don't know what they are doing. And many times this results in rude behavior which was the case. This is certainly not what you expect in a Ferrari store and a 5 Star hotel.

There is a long way to go at the Wynn LV. Hopefully things get better. I would not pay big bucks to stay there now. But visiting was certainly an experience.

22 Thank alstergirl