“I loved the Wynn, and I will be back using my personal "Red" card.”
Review of Wynn Las Vegas

Wynn Las Vegas
Ranked #5 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed May 28, 2009

Overall this had to be my best hotel experience ever, not counting my experiences outside of Vegas, country , state.. the Wynn has them all beat. I am judging not just by the room, but also by all the amenities that are available within the hotel such as the clubs/restaurants/decor/great view...

This was my very first stay at the Wynn and it definitely won't be the last. When I was checking in, I was asked if this was my first time because they print out a "Red Card" for your room key. The Red Card not only gets you into the room, but also serves as your players card whenever you are playing at the Casino. It can be used again when you check into another room in the future and even has your name on it.

The room was exactly how it looked in the pictures. I booked a resort room which featured the king sized bed, two tvs, one in the room, and one in the bathroom which came pretty handy. 3 telephones, and my favorite one had to be the one next to the toilet. Too bad it is only meant for incoming calls. Also a clear stand up shower, and a huge bath tub. I had the view of Tryst below and the strip which faced Treasure Island. The air conditioning system was superb. It literally took 2-3 minutes to get your room the desired temperature. Other things i noticed was the lighting in the room was perfectly place to bring the most out of the decor. There are several abstract paintings of flowers in the room which made the place look classy.

Room service did a great job of cleaning, and it seemed like I had a brand new room the second night I stayed here. There was only one small gripe I had was with my TV remote running out of batteries. There was no possible way to turn my TV off on the set itself. If you did, its possessed with demons that would automatically turn it back on. I made a call to front desk at 3 am after I came back clubbing. When I woke up at 10, the TV was still on. I guess it didn't matter in the end since I was too intoxicated to notice that it was on the whole time.

Another small gripe I had was the guest list at Tryst and XS were unavailable because of the holiday weekend. I feel that paying hotel guests should at least get some sort of priority if they would like to attend a club within the hotel. Come on Steve, don't you want us to spend more money at your resort?

What made this place perfect for the summer were the pools. I got a chance to enjoy the Wynn pools that were privately accessible using the resort elevators. The pool area was huge and just slightly smaller then MGM's, but the adult pool is the best part. Adult meaning no kids allowed since there is gambling and topless tanning. I had a nice and relaxing time of doing absolutely nothing which made my vacation feel more like a vacation. I loved the Wynn, and I will be back using my personal "Red" card.

5  Thank royale11
There are newer reviews for Wynn Las Vegas

Reviewed May 28, 2009

I visited the Wynn with a group of friends for Memorial Day weekend. We got a great deal on a discount website, otherwise we probably would have stayed elsewhere just based on cost. After staying, however, I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Vegas. I've stayed at Mandalay Bay, Paris, Planet Hollywood, and Bally's prior to this trip.

All of the staff was very attentive and polite. Check in was a breeze and we got exactly what we wanted - our two rooms close to each other and each with 2 beds.

We spent a lot of time at the pool, which was gorgeous. The staff is very good about regulating the chair situation and helping guests get a chair whenever they show up. Of course, you have to tip them. We were fortunate enough to get chairs on our own each day. Everybody seemed to get up and head to lunch around 12, which was when most of our group actually got to the pool. The European Bathing pool had a great DJ and a walk up bar, in addition to the cocktail waitresses and a grill. The DJ was great - fun music. Drinks were actually not that bad. $14 for rum runners, margaritas, etc. $6.50-$8 for beers, alcoholic sno-cones for $10 with an extra shot for only $2.

We did take our own drinks in water bottles one day, and saw some others who did the same, but most people did not. The nice thing was that we didn't feel nickeled at dimed at the pool. If you want to go to the topless pool @ Mandalay Bay they charge everyone, unless you are a woman and agree to go topless, in which case you get free drinks. The last time a friend was there he said they checked everybody's bag and that most of those people going topless appeared to be strippers. Not the case at Wynn. Not too many people were actually topless, so if that makes you uncomfortable, don't worry about it. Also, you can't get into the pool unless you are a guest of Wynn or Encore and there is no fee for anything but the cabanas. No searching your bag, you can bring snacks in if you want, or your own bottle of water, etc.

Guests of Wynn can also use Encore's amenities. We checked it out one day to make sure we weren't missing anything. We liked Wynn's pool better, as well as the clientele. Encore's casino was a bit more...bordello and smokey. The pool was full of people smoking and ashing everywhere, not the case at Wynn's pool. Encore has lower published rates than Wynn, so it seems to have drawn a bit of a different crowd - a tad younger, but also a bit wilder and tackier. The crowd at the Wynn pool was predominantly 20s-30s, fairly attractive and put together people. Encore was heavier on the 20s (I'm in my mid-20s myself) but sloppier and wilder.

We ate at The Drugstore Cafe most days for breakfast/lunch and had dinner one night @ Red 8. Reasonably priced food, very good. I was satisfied. We had wanted to go to the Buffet, but the line was very, very long. We didn't take advantage of the 3 course Prix Fixe menus available at the restaurants as many required you to dine between 5 and 7, or after 10. If you are ok eating at those times, then they may be a nice deal for you.

Make sure you see the Orbs show on Lake of Dreams near Parasol Up/Down, SW, and Daniel Boloud Brasserie. It's one of the coolest free shows you can see in Vegas, but not built up like the Bellagio fountains (which are great). So there's not a lot of other tourists cramming around to see it.

I didn't do a ton of gambling at Wynn, but when I did, I had no problem getting a drink, contrary to other reviews on here. I also didn't experience any rudeness from the staff or notice a preferential treatment to "rich people." My friends and I are all in our early to mid-20s and certainly not "rich." We treated our servers well, and they did the same to us. I never had a problem getting anything anywhere.

The rooms are very nice, you can see for yourself on their website. The walls ARE very thin. We had security come to our room one night and we weren't even that loud. I could hear people in other rooms around us at times as well. That's a bit disappointing.

I'll never stay anywhere else in Vegas but Wynn.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
7  Thank KW1011
Reviewed May 28, 2009

Pros:
Beautiful hotel.
Very clean rooms.
Very large rooms.

Cons:
Nickel / Dime you for everything.
a) Charge for internet access for each day, for the rate you are paying this is kinda annoying.
b) You can't use the refridgerator to put any personal items in there. All weight sensor triggered to automatically charge you if you move items in the fridge around.
c) Checkout was severly understaffed..Took over 40 minutes in line..In a hotel like this, you pull people off break/out-of-shift if you see a crowd. Unacceptable for a hotel of this calibur to have people waiting around like this.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dave_NYC_9
Reviewed May 27, 2009

The Wynn is definitely a ride in the lap of luxury. I read a few of the reviews ahead of time so I knew what to expect in terms of the weighted mini-bar, expensive restaurants and the like so I felt a little prepared for some things. When we checked in I requested a mini-fridge for the room for medication that needed to be refrigerated and within 10 minutes our fridge was brought up. Our room was on the 20th floor with a view of some of the strip (great view of the Treasure Island pirate show) and the Wynn waterfalls. Room was spacious enough and the adjustable flat screen was a nice bonus.

The bathroom was amazing!! HUGE bathroom with a tub, separate glassed in shower, two sinks with vanity chair and mirror and a separate toilet area, like many European bathrooms. Great space for the ladies when getting ready to go out!!

Nice hotel if you're looking to spend some money and feel like you're hob knobbing with the stars.

Three cons to our stay; 1) Yes, you're paying for the name. Every place to eat was priced WAY above everyday prices, even by Vegas standards. The only cafe to pick up quick pastries and coffee always had a line out the door and coffee was at least $4. Skip it and take a walk a couple of blocks down to the Denny's or even the Peppermill Lounge, great food and prices. Recommend going to either for a big cheap breakfast and then splurge on dinner later on! 2) Check out was the BIGGEST pain! Apparently the computer system wasn't working right so you couldn't do any kind of express check out through the television, and since there wasn't any kind of card to fill out for express check out (like the hotel book states) we had to wait in a HUGE line for a 2 minute process, ridiculous! 3) If you want to go anywhere on the strip it's quite a walk, if you can stand the heat and the walk, great! But if you're limited to how long you can walk, tire easily, high high heels...just a warning that you'll have to shell out bucks for a taxi ride to get anywhere and to go to MGM, New York New York it's about $13-15 each trip, not including tips. A con but not a minus to the hotel itself.

2  Thank Kiwipharm
Reviewed May 27, 2009

Spent Memorial Day weekend at the Wynn. The property was impressive although the service inside the hotel was less than impressive. Everyone with the exception of the parking valets and pool side cocktail waitresses appear to be tried and dissatisfied with their jobs. This took away from my overall impression of this location. I would return only if I can find a really good deal.

1  Thank cigarfan
Reviewed May 26, 2009

I would live in the Wynn. The bathroom... OMG... the bathroom. HUGE. Gorgeous. Did I mention HUGE? And the room itself -- nicely appointed, amazing view of the Strip. Only problem was location -- it was toward the end of the Strip, but even that was more of a plus than a minus as it kept the hotel set back from the craziness of tourists looking for a 99 cent prime rib dinner. I love this place. I would go back time and time again. The Wynn has definitely won over this loyal guest.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank holyfrijole
Reviewed May 25, 2009

This was the nicest experience we have ever had staying in Las Vegas. The accomodations were first class and the the service was outstanding! I have never had such a gorgeous view from my hotel window as I did here! The pool was gorgeous and the restaurants were remarkable! We even won a little money in the casino! This is nothing short of grand!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo