“Great stay!!”
Review of Wynn Las Vegas

Wynn Las Vegas
Ranked #5 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed January 29, 2009

I stayed at the Wynn as I was attending the International Builders Show. The rooms are fabulous. Very spacious, gigantic bathroom. The food was very good. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. I had no problems and would not hesitate to stay there again. The hotel is absolutely beautiful. The hotel does charge extra for amenities such as internet and gym use, but if you can just accept that and are not looking for bargain meals, it is a great place to stay. The casino was good. I found $10 -$15 blackjack tables on weekday evenings with decent rules and found the game very fair. I have never been in Vegas before and this is a good hotel if you are unfamiliar with the city. There is a bridge that connects you to a mall that looks really good, but I didn't have time to visit there. I got a fantastic bargain on expedia so that helped me appreciate the place even more.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank sarayale
There are newer reviews for Wynn Las Vegas

Reviewed January 27, 2009

Upon our arrival the registration desk was swamped with incoming guests. Once the dust settled we were advised our room wasn't going to be ready for a few more moments so we spent 30-40 minutes investigating the Wynn's pleasant lobby / lounge area. (endless array of perfectly groomed flowers and a gigantic dragon set up to celebrate Chinese New Year). By this point we were eager to settle into our room but it still wasn't cleaned. The helpful front desk staff kindly offered to upgrade us immediately to an excellent room on the 53rd floor facing the strip.

The room itself was of generous size, attractive furnishings, etc... in keeping with a hotel possessing the Wynn's reputation for quality. House keeping staff was extremely prompt in tidying our room daily, leaving fresh ice in bucket, slippers supplied, etc... great job! The restaurants we ate at were a tad pricey but the food & atmosphere were top notch. Fantastic pool facilities / cabanas would be great during warmer weather (temp averaged low 60's during our stay)

As with several other reviews, the only downside we experienced was occasional noise. The Fashion Mall across the street has one single song, playing in a loop, day and night! (Brain-washing experiment gone horribly wrong?!) The volume level was quite minor however compared to the occasional plane flying overhead. Planes heading West definitely get your attention, particularly if you're looking to hit the sack early to prepare for a morning side-trip as we did.

All in all, we had a fantastic experience! Once we compared the amenities of the Wynn to other strip hotels, we were glad we spent the extra couple bucks!

2  Thank CoopToronto
Reviewed January 27, 2009

Well let me first say that I ve never been a big fan of Vegas. I only went because my best friend loves it and wanted to go there for her birthday. 4 of us traveled and got an excellent deal online for flight, car and rooms.

We were all so pleased with the Wynn resort - the decor is wonderful, rooms were beautiful, floor to ceiling windows have great views and opening/closing the curtains by the push of a button was fun! The bathrooms are huge with a large tub - every one of us took baths at some point. Maybe some people are used to this type of opulence, but for us it was just great and out of the ordinary. My girlfriend got very sick with the flu right before we left but went anyway and was happy to have such a nice room to spend most of her time in.

All the staff were super helpful & kind. Upon early checkin they put my sick friend immediately into a room so that she could lay down - when the valet opens your car door they ask if you need directions inside the resort. We had 2 rooms on the 14th floor and had no issue with noise.

Food was excellent at the two restaurants we ate at & the evening buffet was amazing, - join their "red card" club and do a little gambling and you will get 2 free buffets.

We used the valet parking and called ahead when we wanted the car - super simple and easy. The beds and pillows were wonderful and we even purchased two of the down pillows to use at home. I would now like to go back in the warmer months to be able to enjoy the pool areas and one of the cabana's! We didnt tip anyone except the waiters and valets, but still had a marvelous time.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 26, 2009

A truly wonderful experience. Although I didn't have the best option (i stayed in the Resort room vs. better option - Tower Suites), the quality of the room was first class. From Picasso reproductions (on canvas) on the walls, to a very nice view, and very comfortable bed, sofa, and chairs, the room had so much to offer that it was very hard to leave it.
I booked the hotel through US Airways vacations, and the deal included $100 in dining credit (very easy to spend there). Over the weekend, the room rates are twice the weekday option, so if you can travel there during the week, more power to you!
Hotel itself:
The ground floor: casino - noticeable difference in first, second and every other impression that follows. The hotel still does not have the smell of cheap carpet fresheners that you can smell in Palazzo or even Venetian. I doubt it ever will, as the small army of people works on its cleanness.
The restaurants are abundant; I haven't had a chance to try them all in the short amount of time I was there, but all were full all the time so the crowd can't be that wrong.
After hours, night clubs take over and for those that are able to leave the casino floor, or for those leaving the theatres, work until the last person leaves.
The hotel is now connected with the newly open Encore (a carbon-copy of Wynn), and between the two you pretty much have everything you may want. One restaurant in Encore that I can recommend is Cafe Society, and they offered excellent food for a medium price (2 of us ate a 3-course meal with a glass of wine each for under $130).
Wynn has its own show (Le Reve) that is competing with Cirque's 'O', and next time I'm in LV I'll give them a try.
For breakfast, I ate weekend brunches, one in Bellagio and one in Wynn, and this is the only thing where I would give Bellagio's buffet an advantage. Although slightly more expensive ($30-wynn vs $25-bellagio), the brunch food in Wynn could have been slightly better. Dinner at the buffet was pretty good.

This review is probably lacking, because it would take someone at least a month to peek everywhere and try everything, but the hotel looks promising and I would not mind coming back to it to explore it some more.

2  Thank srdanz
Reviewed January 26, 2009

We always enjoy staying at the Wynn. The rooms are very nice and the service is helpful. The casino is always very clean and extravagant. We will probably stay at the Wynn on every trip.

• Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed January 26, 2009

Visited the Wynn for a Business conference. What a view of the strip, the window was the whole wall, just amazing. Enjoyed all of the restaurants. The location of the meeting space seemed to be far but still no to bad.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed January 26, 2009

We booked a package through American Airlines Vacations for two nights this January at a very good rate plus a $100 food credit (adding hotel was only $100 above the cost of airfare for 3 nights, before the food credit!). Unfortunately, AAVacations failed to properly book the room with the hotel, thus when we showed up they had no record of us. The check-in attendant had us check our bags with the bell hop and relax at the bar while she sorted it out. One martini later she found us and informed us that while the hotel booking agency that AA subcontracts to was closed for the weekend, she was still able to get us a room on the 51st floor, and that the Wynn's wholesale department would sort everything out on Monday. Nice!

When we checked out on Monday, the attendant checking us out saw the note in the file and followed up for us. She even called me personally the next day, after I got home, the inform me that everything was taking care of and I was charged only $19 for the trip (above what I paid to AA). So 5 stars for the Wynn for service and 1 star for AA Vacations for not booking the hotel :)

Besides those shenanigans, I found the Wynn to be a spectacular and fabulous hotel; certainly the finest of the major resorts on the Strip. We only ate breakfast at the hotel, but we impressed by both restaurants. The service was excellent everywhere.

The rooms are really great. We had a resort room with fantastic west facing views. There was a large HD television, the bathroom was large and comfortable. Everything was great.

I like to gamble, but not for high stakes. I was able to find a blackjack table for $10 on Sunday night, but the dealer was tough. There were also plenty of other budget gambling options such as rapid roulette and Pai Gow for $15.

I can't recommend the Wynn highly enough. Normally I would never stay there but with the deals they are offering right now, anyone planning a trip to Vegas should pamper themselves and go for the Wynn at least once.