“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 267 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reno, Nevada
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We had a room in the tower overlooking the pool and golf course. The room was comfortable. There was a constant background noise/music during the day, however, and I think it was probably from the elevators adjacent to our room (didn't figure that out until we checked out).

My wife had a massage and raved about it afterwards. However, it was the most expensive hotel spa she's ever been to (including several high end hotels in Hawaii and other locations).

The pool is too crowded, we had a lot of trouble finding two chairs together.

Best during the week (Sunday-Thursday).

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Cleanliness
1 Thank timo123123

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,203)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

- As fancy as a Casino gets, almost ever
- High quality rooms, rarely discounted, totally not worth the bloated price
- Spotless bathrooms
- Vegan Friendly? (Not sure)
- NOT Child Friendly....

Why this last point, you might ask. Sit down, lemme tell you a story:

Sometime in 2010, Steve Wynn became an enlightened vegan, making sure that every restaurant in his casinos would accommodate vegans with one or more superb dishes (garden salads and grilled veggies don't count), making the Wynn a guaranteed destination on our family's twice-a-year Vegas pilgrimage. We especially craved their "Pizza Place" restaurant until, that is, our last visit: Having shoved our stroller down the scorching strip "Sir! You can't come in with that!" snapped one of their suited security sentinels.

Sea of heads shifting towards us.

I felt the sharp feeling of injustice in my gut, like when a hard fought civil right law whose 'truth's we find to be self-evident' is being breached right there in front of you. Swallowing my pride, I responded to the stroller Nazi saying that "Bro... we're just going to go to the Pizza Place right smack-dab right next to the entrance [of the mini-mall]"

Looking at our dehydrated faces, he said "Well, only if you JUST go to the restaurant", eyeing our every move.

Looking back, I felt cheap in having to convince him. My moral backbone should have jerked me and my family away from that establishment, filed a case in constitutional court, and won untrammeled rights for strolling parents to go as they please...but our taste buds had the fever for the flavor and had accumulated some indelible, insatiable pizza expectations. In any case, we entered the mall and dive bombed into the restaurant, noticing a change in the decor, thinking nothing of it, walking to the counter, and ordering my GO DAMN pizza from the same cashier that always recognized us and made us feel comfortable.

"OMG, SORRY, everything is changed" she said once she recognized us. My whole family entered a state of shock when we realized that our beloved vegan vegas pizza variety had vanished. I later found-out, through the grape vine via a local restaurateur, that Steve Wynn recently had a change of heart and wasn't Vegan anymore. I also learned through TripAdvisor that, the real reason they don't want strollers is because they are eye sores for the elite, the policy coming straight from Mr. Wynn himself. I read stories of other humiliating stroller denials, one where a wife was held captive outside without a phone, unable to meet her husband who was attending a medical conference in the casino, almost missing their flight before finally getting an exception. Shame on them!

I guess shouldn't be too harsh. I mean, I used to one of those uncompassionate sphincters that once thought that the only restaurant parents should take their toddlers to is Chuck E Cheese, getting irritated on a flight if a child started crying, flashing a passive aggressive scowl in the parent's direction on the way off the plane. But then I had kids and the roles reversed, and now, instead of irritation, I feel compassion for my fellow parents, and their lack of mobility. They should be able to go anywhere the general public is allowed. I get it why they can't be on the casino floor, but a mini mall?

Three stars because this spotless structure does many things right on an aesthetic front, taking you into that warped Vegas-ian massive luxury overdose reality; the casino is posh, shiny, vibrantly colorful, floral and antiseptic in a world that includes so much asymmetry, smudges and shades of grey. Attention is paid to every detail - if you drop some trash, watch how it takes about 4 minutes before it is picked up. And I heard from another Yelper that there are still vegan options at the other Wynn restaurants, though I can't confirm this since I never made that far (and I don't think that chap was a vegan himself.) But subtract two stars because I can't forget that, ultimately, the beauty of the burnished marble Corinthian columns all of a sudden becomes ugly when it coexists with such an ugly policy. You see, you don't gain class by banning parents with strollers - you lose it.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Khash C
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

My husband & I recently stayed here & it was great! The staff was exceptionally friendly from the registration desk to room service to restaurant servers. The room was really spacious, had a great view, very clean & the bed & pillows were really comfortable! I also visited their spa & it was heavenly! I had an aromatherapy massage from Anne & though it is really pricey, it was worth it! The location is great. The restaurants are definitely expensive, but that is to be expected with a high end hotel on the strip. We had a wonderful stay & would recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank KT318
Ocean Ridge, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I had stayed at Wynn Resort and Hotel, when it first opened. I was not thrilled at that time. However, Mr. Wynn has clearly "gotten all the bugs out" (and I don't mean creatures)......The suites, the personnel, the experience is TOP NOTCH.

As always, I wish there could be a law passed prohibiting smoking in the casino, as you must walk through the casino to reach the elevators of both the Tower Suites and the Resort Suites.

We had a beautiful suite on the 57th floor, with a glorious panoramic view. It was immaculate, something most important to me - especially in a BIG hotel. When I asked for foam, rather than feather, pillows, my request was attended to immediately. The duvet was replaced with a blanket due our feather allergy. Each of the wait staff in various restaurants asked about allergies, and each time, a chef came out to assure us our food would be kept separate from the allergens (although we said - don't send out the chef - we can work our way around it!).

Mr. Wynn is well loved by the staff of this hotel - both in the casino and the resort itself. That alone, tells us he takes great pride in his property, and will continue to maintain it in the fabulous condition it is in. One staffer told one, each year, the carpets are routinely replaced in EVERY suite. This is terribly important with a property of this size, and we applaud and commend Mr. Wynn for his attention to detail.

The show "Le Reve" just gets better and better, as it, too, is changed frequently.

The restaurants are all five star - even the Terrace Cafe.

We'll be back - and very soon!

Room Tip: We specifically booked through American Express Platinum Travel, as Wynn is one of their "Fine...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
      Rooms
1 Thank Cleopatra561
Norwalk, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Ive stayed at many different hotels on the strip and this is definitely in my top 3! The grounds of the hotel are gorgeous. The staff is very nice and attentive. Check in was fast and they were able to get all of our rooms next to each other with a beautiful view of the strip. The rooms are BEAUTIFUL. Absolutely no complaints except the wifi didnt work sometimes which you would expect to work since you pay for it in the resort fee. I would recommend this hotel and cant wait to return.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank simplytiffany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

I absolutely loved this hotel, our room was beautiful, hotel amazing and the staff were fantastic, great location just opposite the mall. You must go to Tryst and of course XS in the Encore next door. Pool area was lovely. Highly recommend.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Debbienics
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here with another couple for 6 nights and it was fab! The hotel itself, very modern, clean and brighter than alot of the other hotels we went into. The room was spacious, clean and the view amazing. We were on the 19th floor and could see the strip through our window. The mini bar and snacks were reasonable and did come in handy! The breakfast buffet was something special with such a variety of foods that would satisfy any person! Immense! We got it complimentary but to pay was only $45 per couple which is really reasonable considered it was all you can eat! Would definitely go back here!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple