“Best Hotel in Vegas”

Ranked #5 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Best Hotel in Vegas”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Look at all the bad reviews, it's people moaning about the prices or the resort fee... Lets face it, Steve Wynn spent 2.1 BILLION on this baby. Hands down this is the cleanest most beautifully decorated hotel in Vegas. All the restaurants are of the finest there is and the service is just fantastic, if we can afford to return one day then we will. This should be number one on TA, if you are thinking of coming to Vegas then stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Docmatt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,411)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Buffalo, New York, United States
Reviewed September 28, 2013

For my first time being in Las Vegas I was very happy we stayed at the Wynn. I would not stay anywhere else on the strip for the simple fact the Wynn was the best hotel you could choose. We traveled up and down the strip and saw different hotels, but I was delighted that I got to go back to the Wynn and stay in our lovely suite. Everyone (including all of the craps attendants) were super friendly and I will most definitely be back.

Room Tip: The view is great you can see the mountains of surrounding Vegas and the pools to see which party is...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Marisa D
london, england
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Second time at Wynn, and probably last. a week before arrival, I tried to amend a 2-day booking to a 3-day booking, and you would not believe how difficult this was. It wasn't about the price, it was Wynn's old systems. Check-in: Long wait, which seems common. Why can't they staff more desks when there is a queue. Then I tried to use a different card (from the one I had used for the deposit). The check-in lady thought that this was a scam, and I was messed about.
The room is nice - very spacious, with a great bathroom. Also, the pools are really nice, with great staff. It was 100 degrees when we were there, but quite pleasant to sit by the pool for an hour or two in the dry heat. Try it, if you don't believe me.
We went to the breakfast buffet, which is full of foods you would never want for breakfast - Pizza, cup cakes, olives, maybe even M&Ms! It's a gimmick, not a great buffet. In the end, the casino depressed us. You have to go thru the casino from the car park to reception, from reception to your room, from your room to the buffet, from your room to the pool. You get the picture? (On reflection, I was surprised that there wasn't a casino between the pool-side loungers and the pool.)
I gave the Wynn some feedback as requested about reservations and check-in - but 3 weeks later, no response.
My advice is to choose carefully when you visit Vegas.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Tahlequah, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We use to always play at this Casino. We go to Vegas every 6 months and only play at 2 or 3 Casinos. We were just there last week and they have completely ruined the Casino. They have taken out all of the older machines, like Wild Cherry, Amazon Beauty, Zeus 2, Griffins Gate, ect. We couldn't find any machines to play this trip, was very disappointed and left. We won't be going back there any time soon. It is a shame. We had always had a great time and won some on every trip.

Room Tip: always ask for an upgrade
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Diane S
Ft Lauderdale, FL
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My husband and I recently made a reservation with Wynn Las Vegas for a Sept/Oct stay; however, unfortunately my husband and I had to cancel it today. The Wynn LV reservationist(whom we contacted by phone) advised Wynn LV does not issue actual cancellation numbers, and they also do not send an email confirmation to verify the cancellation. Supposedly our original confirmation number will be our cancellation number. Boy, that sure doesn't make us comfortable, as it does not give us a written confirmation to prove we cancelled our reservation in a timely manner. It also makes us wonder about the caliber or quality of Wynn's hotel operations. In all of our travel experiences we have never had a hotel that does not email a confirmation of cancellation. Heck, even Holiday Inn does that! Gee one would think a hotel of Wynn's caliber would be operating up to the standards of today's technological capabilities. Only time will tell if Wynn LV handled our cancellation as promised!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank Nancy L
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed at the Wynn for three nights. Our room, on the 52nd floor, was very spacious and modern. We had an amazing view from our bed of the strip and the desert as a background. The music at the lobby and public areas was a great chill-out and the ambiance is very sophisticated. I will definitely recommend this hotel to any one who wants to have a great hotel experience in Vegas.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Orangeville, Canada
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My husband and I go occasionally to Vegas and we always stay at the Wynn or Encore which are owned by the same people. You can not go wrong,..very classy,..extremely clean, super food, atmosphere is bright, not like some of the older dingie placed down there. You can not go wrong,.. It may be more expensive but well worth it,..believe me.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that looks down the strip and keep your drapes open all night,..amazing and very roma...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple