“Always delivering the best”
Review of Wynn Las Vegas

Wynn Las Vegas
Ranked #5 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Los Angeles, California
“Always delivering the best”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed at the Wynn Las Vegas with my family during the weekend of Christmas. I have stayed at this property many times previously but this experience stuck out since we were worn out from hiking in the grand canyon and especially appreciated the luxury of this hotel.

We began by valeting at the property and waiting for the nice staff to bring us a wheel chair since my mom sprained her ankle while hiking. The wait for the wheel chair was nearly 30 minutes because of the busy holiday season but the staff updated us every 10 minutes or so regarding the status which I really appreciated.

The check in at vegas hotels is always a bit hectic (long lines and slow moving lines), it was the same at the Wynn. I had booked a double bed room but for some reason the request did not reflect on my reservation and the check in staff informed me that all the rooms closer to the elevator were booked. After a bit of talking, without the $20/$40 trick, she found a double bed room but informed me that it was farther from the elevator. The distance from elevator wasn't too bad but it was one of the rooms closer to the end of the hallway.

The rooms at the Wynn always impress me despite not being as lavishly decorated compared to other Vegas hotels. I really love the cleanliness and the size of the room. The neutral colors also contribue to the overall brightness of the room. The room comes equipped with multi function switches for the curtains and lights, nifty!

I didn't use the pool as it was closed for the winter season.

Whenever I stay at the Wynn, I dine at the buffet. The usual buffet doesn't really impress me but the holiday buffet, although more expensive, is always really fresh and good!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,411)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed at the Wynn over a long weekend, and it was gorgeous. The lobby is filled with tasteful decorations and the grounds are beautiful. Our room was clean and pretty. The beds were comfortable, and the views were amazing. The staff was pleasant and welcoming. The show we attended, Le Reve, was amazing, I highly recommend going to it. The restaurants were great, however a little expensive, which is not surprising in Las Vegas. The only downside to the experience was the in- room wifi was more than it should have been. But everything else was flawless. I strongly recommend The Wynn, for its welcoming service and beautiful decor.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Emma S
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We had a wonderful 3 nights at the Wynn. The room was lovely; we loved the separate sinks and the large tub was perfect for a couple's bath. There was enough space to put candles around the tub and I liked having music in the bathroom. We had a great view of the Strip and as a added bonus we could open (and close) the drapes without getting out of bed. The decor of the hotel was really nice. There was only 1 pool open (it was really too chilly out anyway); but we loved the set up and the landscaping. Everything was gorgeous. My guy loved the Sports Track (betting on horses is his thing); I had to allocate a few hours a day for his passion. I wasn't wild about the buffet (plenty of choices but the as far as taste - everything I tried was mediocre - not enough flavor). Loved Cafe Society at Encore.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 15th floor and had a nice view of the Strip; but they have 60 floors - I would stay...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Just got back from 3 nights at the Wynn. Stayed on the 28 th floor. Fantastic views room excellent with electric curtains and well stocked mini bar. Beds lovely and bathroom great. Used the spa which was fantastic. Also breakfast was pretty good but you can upgrade to breakfast buffet which is a lot better and well worth it. Nice bars too. Parasol up bar is good and the bar outside by the lake of dreams is very relaxing with weird film shows on the waterfall every 30 mins. Great location also and all the staff were really helpful. I have been to lots of 5 star hotels in far east. Maldives Dubai etc but this one is really up there with them. Probably in the top 2 or 3 hotels I have stayed in. Good casino as well only gripe is lots of blackjack tables there are 15 /20dollar min bets. I did a bit of blackjack in treasure island as tables there are 5/10 dollars but I didn't stay away from the Wynn for too long.

Room Tip: Tip for breakfast. Don't use the poolside cafe. Upgrade to breakfast buffet and have steak wit...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Paul T
North Carolina
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Wynn Las Vegas has to rate at the top of my favorite hotels EVER! The Wynn is so stylish and sophisticated. The staff were great - friendly and helpful. The casino is spacious and clean. Everything at the Wynn was top notch - the rooms were incredible. Curtains and lights are all electronic controlled = fabulous! The bathroom was huge and beautiful. The large soak tub was perfect after a long day. I can't wait to go back! Loved the Wynn in every way!

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
New Rochelle, New York
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

I went to Las Vegas for the second time for my Wedding and after staying at The Venetian before I had high expectations regarding the Wynn.
I wasn't disappointed!
The hotel is beautiful and it has everything you should expect from a 5 star hotel.

I had my hair done at the Wynn Salon and Spa and I was extremely happy with the people and the work done on my hair and make up. Considering it is a very up scale hotel I was surprised to pay the same prices I pay in NYC for a up do and make up.

The breakfast buffet is out of this world. My favorite from Las Vegas for week day breakfast in my opinion. Pricey but worth it.

The SW steak house is view is divine but for the price we paid the food was below our expectations.

The casino room is beautiful, clean and organized. Employers were very friendly and helpful.

Our room had a panoramic window and that was one of the highlights of it. Amazing views from the strip and the mountains surrounding Las Vegas! Breathtaking!

I would recommend this hotel without a doubt specially for your honeymoon! We had a wonderful time there and we would definitely come back!

• Stayed October 2012
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed at the Wynn from 2/19/13 to 2/22/13. I have been their loyal customer for 10 years. Recently during my visit, my debit card was stolen from my wallet while I was in the Wynn casino and whoever took it tried to withdraw $42800 from my checking account (as if I even have that much!). The thief made 4 attempts at Wynn atms to withdraw cash before the bank deactivated my card. Needless to say I was very upset and traumatized by this robbery. I had always thought that the Wynn was safe. I had also thought they cared about their guests. They do not. I immediately called security only to be told no one could find a security officer! I waited 30 minutes, still no security. Finally the desk clerk said they would send someone up to my room...the next day. So I asked to speak to a manager and was informed no one could find a manager! What? No manager at this giant resort at 6:30 pm? So I insisted they please find someone to assist me. It took over an hour. When finally I did manage to contact Wynn management they did nothing, I mean nothing and they didn't care that I had been a victim in their hotel. One manager told me he had 3000 guests to worry about, and I reminded him that I was one of those guests, and he curtly replied "That's not my problem." Another manager told me to go tell the police, so I asked where the nearest police station was, and this manager replied, "Gee, I don't really know. You'll have to look it up." I then demanded to speak face to face with a senior manager and he refused to meet with me. No one showed concern, no one took responsibility and no one apologized for the Wynn's lack of security! My robbery in their casino wasn't important, I, their guest, wasn't important. So I was left in Vegas with no access to cash. My only option was a cash advance using my credit card with a 20% fee. Then to add insult to injury I was later approached by panhandlers in the Wynn casino wanting me to give them money. One woman tried to persuade me to buy her 'diamond' ring so she could get home to be with her 'dying' mother. And this place calls itself a 5-star hotel? How about a No-Star bus station. Beneath the glitz and hyphe, the Wynn has zero customer care and zero security and zero class.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor on the Strip side if you want a king-sized bed.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business