“Luxurious Resort on Northern End of Las Vegas Strip”
Review of Wynn Las Vegas

Wynn Las Vegas
Ranked #4 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I only stayed one night, as my buddy was already there for a few days on business.

The room came with a king bed, marble bathroom with glass shower, minibar, safe, ceiling to floor windows on far end of room. Luxuriously appointed.

The front desk was very accommodating to comp us a cot / rollaway bed, as this room was a one king bed. This cot was probably the most plush and thick I've ever had before, and I slept well.

Being winter, one pool and one hot tub were open. I tried the hot tub and it was not as hot as I like it but it was certainly comfortable and spacious.

It goes without saying that the interior of the resort is plush, luxurious and opulent, while the same can be said about the exterior grounds which were also impeccably manicured and maintained.

The resort had a first class spa, high end restaurants and shops, and a large well ventilated casino floor. Like most resorts on the strip, it's a mini city of its own.

The Wynn (and it's sister tower, The Encore) form the northernmost tip of The Strip. More north of this are bottom tier places on the Strip like Circus Circus etc, so the good part of the Strip (Mandalay to Encore) ends here. Taxi or car is necessary if you want to hit the more central strip resorts for dinner, clubbing, gambling etc. For the uninitiated, just because another resort is two over, doesn't mean it's really walking distance. The resorts on the strip are monstrous.

The front desk and concierge provided extraordinary polite, professional and prompt service, possibly the top I've experienced in Vegas.

A first class resort that I would definitely stay in again, although tbh I prefer a resort located in the central strip, so it wouldn't be my first choice for that reason.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank TravellingTFP

Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I just spent 3 nights at the Wynn. It was my first stay at a really nice hotel, and my husband has stayed at a few including the Bellagio. He said it was just as nice as the Bellagio, and I thought it was just stunning. All room controls were automated - lights, curtains, temperature. Very nice feature. Decor and furnishings were very high end. Beautiful view - floor to ceiling windows. Comfortable bed with high quality bedding. I would have been totally happy spending all my time in the room.

Hotel staff was very courteous, and the few issues we did have (incorrect billing of a buffet that was supposed to be comped) was taken care of with no problem at check out. Another billing issue - a free buffet we won in the casino was apparently supposed to be used in 24 hours, which we were not told. But again, we brought this up with the staff and they took care of it.

The buffet was amazing. Best buffet I have ever been to. Quality, beautifully presented small portions, instead of just huge vats of sloppy, mediocre food, like most buffets are. The decor of the buffet was beautiful too.

La Reve was an amazing show, and a very unique idea. The performers were incredible athletes. Beautiful set, colors, props, theater.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Loralyn C
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The Wynn is an experience in luxury. All the rooms are very well appointed. I was annoyed that they charge you to use the safe in the room but that seems to be the trend.

The pools are amazing and I loved the European pool.

The casino is beautiful and the flowers are gorgeous.

They have one of the best fitness center spas I have ever seen.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less traffic noise from the strip. Ask for a strip view though rather than viewi...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I've stayed at most hotel's on the strip since the early 90's. The Wynn tops them all. They are great at everything. Food is amazing. Rooms are impeccable with floor to ceiling windows. The combination of tastes, smells, sites, patrons, and the exceptional staff make Wynn magical. The only complaint is the line at check in all the time. It's typical Vegas, but Steve Wynn has always done better than "typical". Not a show stopper by any means.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2013

While not a fan of the modern white look, I found the king room my wife and I stayed to be very spacious and well appointed. The view of the casino roof from our 7th floor window was unimpressive, but you don't stay in Vegas to stare out the window. My main complaint about the room was the thinness of the walls. I wouldn't expect the Wynn to be a place where one could hear what their neighbors were watching on TV. Also, the sink in the room was making an odd gurgle sounds for the two nights we were there. The decor of the hotel was very nice and the staff was friendly and helpful. The casino was not as clean as I would have expected. On more then one occasion I came across a slot machine that was covered in cigarette ashes. Overall, we had a nice stay at the Wynn, but it didn't quite meet the high expectations we had going in.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelman1203
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I would go back to the Wynn in a heartbeat! The rooms were exquisite. We had a suite! The staff was very friendly and you didn't have to walk far to get to the room from the betting area. Several nice restaurants within close proximity. Loved it and would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank elainemocker
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Wow what a beautiful place and The Encore - not so busy which was nice, loved the country club restaurant - with the gold course and just pure quality - some of the best restaurants ive ever eaten in, beats the Bellagio and all the other hotels in Vegas hands down! Just pure class

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple