“The place to stay in Vegas” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wynn Las Vegas

Wynn Las Vegas
Ranked #5 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Montreal, Canada
“The place to stay in Vegas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Wynn and Encore are a notch above all else in Vegas. Our favorite is still Wynn's. Larger rooms, better views and an altogether more soothing decor, as well as better restaurants and a better poker room, give the older hotel an edge, although Encore can claim the better Spa.
If you really want the best hotel to stay in Vegas, you cannot go wrong with either of these.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jacques H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,363)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Palm Springs, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Every December we go to Las Vegas. Some of the Casino/Hotels have wonderful Christmas Decorations which is our reason for going that time of the Year. The Wynn is one of the best Hotels in Las Vegas. Our room was beautiful with a wonderful view of the Las Vegas Strip. From automatic drapes and shears to the ambient lighting, everything at the Wynn is first class.
And of course their Christmas Decorations throughout the hotel/casino are first rate.

Room Tip: A Las Vegas Strip View for the Lights at Night or a Golf Course View for all the Greenery.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelingGuitar
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Just got back from a stay at the Wynn over the holidays for what my wife and I hoped would be a start to a fun Christmas tradition. Unfortunately, we were absolutely floored by the behavior of one of the dealers on the casino floor who effectively ruined our stay at the Wynn. We go to Vegas frequently, up to a few times a year, and my wife and I enjoy playing craps, betting in the sports book, and burning money playing slot machines. On our second day we decided to go down to the casino floor to play the table games, and one craps dealer offended us so deeply, we avoided the tables in the Wynn like the plague so we didn't have to see her. We played at one table in the Encore, but decided to not bet any more of our money at the hotel after that, and instead spent the rest of our gambling time/money at an MGM property.

Here's what happened while I was playing craps. I was at a table that had too few players, so I decided to move to another more lively table (I should note that the dealers at the first table were friendly... too bad that didn't carry over). At the second table, I was positioned next to a female dealer from South Korea who seemed nice enough at first. However, while we were playing, she was talking to a man from the Netherlands about how Americans don't travel, how there weren't any in Vegas even (which didn't make sense), how U.S. money is essentially worthless, and how America "used" to be a great country and basically how awful it is now. At one point, I looked over at her in disgust to which she replied "it's true!"

Regardless of what you think privately, it was a completely inappropriate conversation. I don't go on vacation to spend my hard earned money at hotel to be insulted by its staff. As I mentioned earlier, it was such an awful experience, that we actively avoided the tables at the Wynn because we would frequently see her there. It got to the point where we just gave up and gambled elsewhere. Had I not prepaid for the room, I would have checked out and gotten a room at an MGM property, or in the neighboring Palazzo.

I expect to find anti-Americanism abroad, but I didn't expect to find it here. Furthermore, some of the comments were absurd. The portion about U.S. currency, whatever.. Yeah the dollar's not exactly what it used to be, but it's what I get in my paycheck and it's what I'm spending at your hotel/casino, and I would have spent/gambled a whole hell of a lot more, so save it. There were no Americans in Vegas? I'm not sure what that was about. Americans don't travel? I travel... A lot. Germany, Egypt, and the UK just in the past few months. America used to be a great country? Again, keep your opinions to yourself. I'm not staying and gambling in this casino to hear you go on about your personal political beliefs... Furthermore, I don't expect many of your AMERICAN (remember, your hotel and casino are in AMERICA financed with AMERICAN dollars built with AMERICAN hands and frequented by AMERICANS) guests would appreciate this line of conversation. But maybe Steve Wynn and Wynn Resorts doesn't want American guests and wants to market their properties solely to foreigners.

I told a hotel employee all about this when I checked out, and she seemed apologetic, but in being an average customer, I doubt I'll even receive an email follow-up about my experience. Needless to say, this incident so soured my experience, that I will be staying elsewhere on the next trip to Vegas.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Robert A
Kathmandu, Nepal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed at two properties during our recent visit to Vegas. Besides we visited pretty much every hotel on the strip and some off it too. I have to say the quality, crowd and atmosphere at Wynn surpassed everything.

Check in was smooth and surprisingly our luggage arrived into our room much quicker than I anticipated. We got a corner room which had full length glass on two sides. Simply Fantastic. The view through the glass was amazing. I highly recommend trying to get these rooms if possible.

The room was nicely appointed and had everything you would expect from such a hotel and it looked new. The staff at the casino were also far more friendly as compared to other hotels, in-fact the only place i encountered friendly staff.

If you are planning a trip to Vegas and have the budget, stay at Wynn or Encore. All other properties are old and show signs of aging. We stayed at Bellagio after Wynn, total disappointment.

Room Tip: We got a corner room with full glass on both sides. Spectacular if you can get this.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank sgolyan
Albany, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

This hotel is one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. The Wynn does not skimp on any aspect of the ammenities or services. They do a good job of making everyone feel like a VIP and for the time we were there we felt like high rollers. The rooms were exceptionally appointed with beds that were to die for. My only complaint is that Las Vegas Strip hasn't developed beyong the hotel going toward the Stratosphere. The walks to and from the hotel can be long. After a few days we wanted to just stay at the Wynn for most of the day which worked out fine considering how nice the hotel is.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

5 of us had a quick lunch at the Wynn Country Club in the Wynn resort, Las Vegas. The views were superb; the food was great and the staff very attentive. It was worth the walk down the hall!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

Was visiting Vegas the week of Dec. 18- 23rd. Was staying at the Palazzo but due to their super tight machines, we headed over to the Wynn for a bit of exploring and gaming.
The hotel is just gorgeous. Their Christmas themed floral displays were just breath taking.
We signed up for their Player card and were glad we did. They had a promotion where they gave you $10 in gaming slot credit, and after 300 points you could spin the wheel to get more prizes. So we did and we each got about $40 in slot credit. After 700 points they gave us 2 free passes to their amazing buffet which we totally used. The next day I was randomly chosen to have another free meal at the buffet which I didn't use. But the following day I qualified for 2 free passes and my mother and I ate again. I mean they take the best care of you. After 1600 points we got 2 free dinners at their other restaurants. LUCKY or not so lucky because it meant we were spending a lot of money hehehehe
The gaming floor is nice and adequate. Lots of fun slots to choose from and great tables as well.
I learned how to play 3 card poker there and luck was on my side. The hosts at the tables are very nice. The servers were abundant and we had a lovely assortment of cocktails. A lot of the other hotels you have to hunt the servers down.

The casino floor smelt heavenly and was consistantly cleaned. Really loved that.
If I ever retrun to Vegas I may be staying at the Wynn...
PS Amazing shopping ---- Alexander McQueen, Chanel, Chloe, and the list goes on....

Just a lovely hotel!!!!