“the absolute best”

Ranked #5 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Aventura, Florida, United States
“the absolute best”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

hands down the most elegant, beautiful and upscale hotel on the strip. Decorated incredibly nicely. People are very helpful and accommodating. Outdoor pool is nicely heated and ginormnous! Just a perfect place to go in Vegas.

Room Tip: sister hotel is the encore whose spa is even nicer
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,411)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Amazing hotel. It is huge and breathtaking because of its size and scale. Rooms are excellent - get a view overlooking the golf course and go high if you can - 60 stories high and 2,700 rooms this is a massive hotel and takes time to get around the place. Cool swimming pool, great restaurants and massive casino. It has it"s own theatre and Ferrari dealership. It is a whole world under one roof with a great shopping mall opposite the hotel. In a word ....mega !

Room Tip: High and suggest the view from the back of the hotel overlooking the country club.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Madmagic1
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Amazing hotel - lovely beds and bedding. La reve show the best show I've ever seen - been twice now . The buffet breakfast is good but not as good a the new one at cesars palace.
Loved the little pitza and chocolate cafe visit on a night not expensive and sit outside by waterfalls.

• Stayed October 2012
Connecticut
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Bottom line: we frequently travel to LV and will not stay anywhere else. The Wynn is one of the best hotels I have ever experienced. We look forward to each and every stay. It is about time I write a review!

When we began traveling to LV, we would stay at different hotels as part of the fun. Well, we moved our way over to the Wynn and have never strayed. We absolutely love it here and have no desire to stay anywhere else. Steve Wynn’s properties are simply magnificent. The rooms, the restaurants, the architecture, the grounds… the list goes on. His attention to detail is greatly noticeable throughout your entire experience at the Wynn (including Encore). The staff treats everyone with the utmost professionalism and will make you feel like royalty. We have actually become friends with the concierge at the Tower Suites (William)….he remembers us at every visit and always goes above and beyond. Speaking of the Tower Suites- we stumbled upon the Tower Suites on our first stay and we were hooked. We always book a Parlor Suite and just take it all in. The Tower Suites include many perks: separate lobby, private entrance, access to a private pool, waived resort fee, complimentary breakfast or lunch at Tableu, private concierge (William!) to name just a few. I cannot say enough about the actual suite- it is phenomenal! Spacious and elegant with great views- we enjoy it so much we are reluctant to spend time away from it!

And the restaurants…… I would rate each nothing less than 5 stars. We have been to each and every one over the years and they are all fabulous but of course I have my favorites. We always make a point to dine at Lakeside- request an outdoor table and enjoy the show…trust me on this one. The SW also sits on “The Lake” and is equally as nice- probably a tad more upscale on the inside. What works for me is that Steve Wynn is (or was) a vegan. Because of this, EVERY restaurant has a separate menu with vegan options. And for all you vegans out there- I am not talking about a veggie burger or the usual “vegan” fare. Steve Wynn consulted with a vegan sous chef so there are options that will astound you. As a vegan- to even have options is a major feat! Plus, you have the ability to experience each restaurant and I encourage you to do so. Non vegans: do not hesitate…my husband is a carnivore and still says these were the best meals he has ever had (and we live very close to NYC so we are accustomed good restaurants).

I can go on and on – the shopping, the entertainment (go see Le Reve), spa/salon, fitness center. Again everything is top notch; you get my point. Please feel free to message me for specific details. I would highly recommend either of the Wynn properties for a first class experience in LV. Be forewarned: once you arrive you may never find a reason to leave!

Room Tip: Splurge on the Tower Suite
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank travelgal214
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed at the Wynn 3 years ago and then again this October. Both times we had an incredible experience. The hotel itself is gorgeous, the design choices are timeless, it looks and feels luxurious and it's incredibly clean. The rooms are beautiful and spacious, the bathrooms are gorgeous and look almost like a spa. The bed was comfortable and the view of the strip was great. Although we stayed on a relatively low floor, we did not hear music from the club at all. The staff were helpful, very courteous and friendly. There are many restaurants and bars to choose from, obviously at a higher price point but that's the cost of luxury. We would return in a heartbeat. We stayed at many different Vegas hotels over the years, but nothing beats the feeling of the Wynn.

The casino is not the best in town if you like playing slots. The selection of poker machines is rather limited too, but tables were pretty busy. The casino is very nicely laid out, and we didn't even smell smoke too much. It's also the cleanest casino on the Strip. I also think the location is not ideal - nothing in Vegas is 5 minutes away - but that's not a deal breaker. It's worthwhile planning to pay for a cab or taking longer walks because this hotel is truly amazing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SoniasTrips
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Spent 5 days with my wife and 2 daughters @ WYNN in August.
THE hotel stay was satisfactory,rooms are large ,well appointedand clean,service was ok
like most big hotels,and food was good.
What annoyed me was the checking out day as i left my family finishing their breakfast
and went to the reception for clearing the bill.
When I got it I found out that they charged a buffet breakfast for 7 persons(4 on my room and 3 on my daughters' room)
IT took over an hour to correct the mistake and completing the check out procedure
then as we went back to the rooms to take our belongings,the key cards were cancelled and we had to wait 30 minutes to have the bellboy opening the rooms,and another 30 minutes to get the luggage down the lobby.These delays caused us missing our flight to San Francisco,we were lucky that it was easy to catch another flight later the same day.
Anyway this isn't the end of the story,1 month later i received an S.MS from my bank
for spending $---charged on my visa card @ Wynn hotel Vegas(i was 9000 miles far from Las Vegas). It was 2:00 AM where i live(and 4:00 PM in Vegas).I called my bank and asked them to
cancel my visa card.A week later i received another S.MS showing that my visa card was declined for $-- @ Wynn Vegas.
I don't know if the fraud is from the hotel management or one of the employees of Wynn,but to me it's the same result: i don't trust this hotel .
NB:for those who do not have the "Receiving s.m.s message from your bank whenever the credit card is used",you should really consider it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank mohlab
austin
Reviewed October 24, 2012

If you're ambivalent about Vegas, like myself, this hotel should help. It's big, loud, crowded, noisy, and very Vegas. But once you ascend, things are plush, quiet, and luxurious. Feels far removed from the action. Quick walk to decent food. Had brunch at the bistro in the hotel... it's fine. But Bouchon is better and close by. Quick cab ride to Lotus of Siam. Sports book is clubby and fun.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo