“Luxurious” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Salem
“Luxurious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Just got back from a 3 night stay in the Wynn Las Vegas. From the time we pulled up we felt the luxury and also friendliness of the hotel. Walking into the hotel was this amazing tunnel filled with leafy plants and the most colorful and gigantic flower balls hanging from the tunnel and throughout the foliage. The trees were lit with lights wrapped around the trunk and unique statues interspersed. That's what greets you when you walk in the doors.

Since we arrived early there was a line of people checking out so we had about a 5 minute wait to check in. With a quick swipe of our credit card we were handed our keys and directed to the elevators to get to our room. Since we just had carry-on luggage we just dragged it through the casino to to elevators. To use the elevators you must show your room key to security, and they do check every single person who passes by.

We were up on the 36th floor so that was about halfway up which was definitely high enough to have amazing views of Las Vegas. The room was amazing, probably 2-3 times larger than most Hyatts, Westins, Holiday Inns, etc. The high ceilings made it feel so roomy. The bathroom is probably one of the largest I've seen anywhere with a raised bathtub that looks much like a jacuzzi tub and very modern, a large glassed in shower all in earthtone tiles as with the rest of the bathroom. The toilet was in its on small room with a phone and the vanity that was made from wood and marble with 2 sinks, and underneath extra towels, then in the middle in a squared padded but elegant stool. Just above on the wall is a small television that you can watch from the tub.

Just past the bathroom is a large closet with silky elegant robes, a tall safe that has enough room for your laptop computer and two luggage stands. The room has a large dresser that has an ice bucket, glasses and munchies, but those you pay for. A large flat screen TV is just above the dresser that you can see easily from the beds. The beds are high with a large fluffy duvet. We stayed in a double room and noticed the beds were not queen but full sized which was a little cramped for me at night, I prefer a bed that when I roll over I'm not falling into my husbands armpits. That is probably the only real complaint that I have on the rooms, so next time we will go for 1 large bed instead. The unique thing about the rooms is the floor to ceiling, wall to wall windows that reminds me of an infinity pool it has you just about hanging on air over Las Vegas. It was incredible! It wasn't scary but thrilling. I would stay here again just for that! Oh, one more thing, the rooms are all computerized where when you walk in there is a control panel just inside the door to turn on all lights and open the drapery, lower the lights, turn them off, ask for room service and also turn on a do not disturb sign that shows on a small panel just outside the room. And, there is a door bell.

After throwing our suitcases into the room we quickly threw on our bathing suits and headed towards the pool. We had to take the elevator down to the spa floor that had a very large exercise room with all the equipment a local gym would have, there was a beauty parlor, and spa treatments. Then another elevator that takes you down to the pool level. Again you show your room key to get in, just after is a patio of sorts where you are given 2 large towels, and if you want there are 2 glass water containers filled with ice water and cups before finding your loungers. The pool area has a European feel with cabanas that overlook the pool that is sort of like a dumbell. There are two large pools but a thin vein that you can almost float through in between. Its a great concept. In this beautiful foliaged area its lined with loungers and cabana's that you can rent that has tables, chairs, more loungers, a bar, large mirror and a TV. Just past the 2nd pool is a large bar that is very busy then beyond is another pool for the partiers.

The hotel has restaurants, cafe's, one of the best buffets we went to, probably the Paris and the Rio we just a tad better but the dessert bar is hands down the best. They have a bakery/coffee shop that had the largest most flaky croissants I have ever laid eyes on. They also had many delectable pastries to choose from. The hotel also has many designer shops but I found more affordable shopping at the large mall across the street that also has a few good restaurants to choose from.

Oh one more thing, the Wynn has the perfect location, catty corner to the Treasure Island, across the street from the Palazzo which is next door to the Venetian which is across the street from the Mirage and Ceasar's. All easy walks from the Wynn.

Room Tip: I would ask for higher floors just for the views
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank NanC77

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,365)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Darlington, Uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed 3 nights here in June 2012 for a family reunion with my LA based relatives. We had two suites - one facing The Strip and one facing the Golf Course. The suites were booked and paid for by my relatives as a treat. They are members of The Wynn Members Club and therefore paid around £150 per suite per night - which is CHEAP. The rooms are very lush. Hoevere no kettle and basically - you want anything, you can have it - but you need to pay, and tip and add Sales Tax etc etc - its just different from England. It's not my normal environment... so I cant really compare. It was insanely over the top and my daughter said 'basically this is Blackpool on Steroids'. I didn't gamble.
Ate the best meal I have ever eaten in their Japanese restaurant downstairs. Just magnificent.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ambientcreative
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

We´ve just arrived from a 6-night stay at Wynn, on a post cruise trip to the Caribbean. From the moment that we arrived till the very last minute, everything was just perfect! Check in was very fast and efficient (front desk staff is very helpful). The room (5550) was fantastic, with a great view of the golf club. Bathroom was huge. Sometimes we needed to use the services from the concierge staff and they were all very friendly and ready to make all of our wishes come true. Hotel has several restaurants, and we tried La Cave and Allegro, both very good. We also went to the buffet for lunch, and the variety/quality of food is superb. The swimming pool is also a very nice place to stay, with lots of places and enough chairs to anyone. The only downsize is that, on Sunday night, there was a party in one of the clubs of the hotel. Even tough we were on the 55th floor, we could listen to the music (not too loud). It didn´t bother me at all, but it can be an issue to those who are more noise-sensitive. In this case, I recommend a room facing the strip (I assume that the music from the clubs cannot be heard in the front room). Overall, the experience was fabulous and I have already started planning my next trip to Vegas to stay at Wynn.

1 Thank brazilian_tourist
Beira, Mozambique
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

We had an amazing stay at the Wynn, the view great.....our room was spacious and luxurious in all aspects! Everything was perfect! All the services they provide are spot on..in room dining, laundry(precision ironing by the way!) to servicing the room..efficiency at its best!! The concierge was superb in securing all our dinner reservations and shows... to recommending which lounges/bars we should go to!
The pool area was perfect ..on arrival they set you up on your sun beds plus provide you with drinking water....not overcrowded and a must have order the Mojitos :)
The Wynn spa is Forbes rated and rightly so! We had the most amazing facials and massages there! There is also a hair salon near spa- convenient and professional!!
Highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for the WOW factor!

Room Tip: Ask for the tower suites/parlour suites
Penn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed at the Wynn for 2 nights in a panoramic room overlooking the strip, a fantastic view. The room itself was superb, possibly the best room I have stayed in. Don't use the valet parking it's not neccesary, self parking bring you right by the lifts. Remember this is a Las Vegas hotel and although the room may seem a bargain the extras add up, 25€ a day resort fee and food and drink are expensive. However a superb hotel to stay in.

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I didn't actually stayed in the hotel. I just had a comment about their guest services.

My friend and I were trying to look for a store that sells Celine handbags. We were in a hurry so we decided to ask a staff for help. I went to the check-in area and asked an employee. He said he is not sure and might want to try asking the staffs at the concierge desk. I thanked him and walked to the concierge desk right beside it. When I got there, the female staff was on the phone, so we were patiently waiting. She then said "I'll be right with you." After a few seconds, she asked me, (while still on the phone), "is it a quick question that I could help you with?" I said "Yes, probably (because I would assume she would know about the mall fairly well), Do you know which stores that carry Celine handbags?" Employee: "actually I would have to look that up for you, one second." I waited until she got off the phone. However, once she hung up, she asked me "Are you a guest of our hotel?". I wasn't. Employee: "Sorry, our service is only for the guest of our hotel, you have to go look for it yourself" I just thought that was really ridiculous. I explained that to her that I was in a hurry. She then said "I understand miss, but we only service the guests of our hotel."

I never thought a 5-star hotel would have such poor guest services. I understand that it is a very nice hotel with a high-end experience, however, because of this I will NEVER consider staying at the Wynn hotel if this is how they treat their visitors.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank icycrim
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I recently experienced my third consecutive stay at Wynn, and once again I was very pleased with my stay. I am a seasoned Las Vegas traveler, visiting for over twenty years. I have stayed at many strip resorts and a few off strip. Wynn is simply beautiful, clean, fantastic location with a very accommodating staff for the size of this property. I love the room configurations and attention to detail. Yes folks they have a resort fee, it is stated in their rates. The vast majority of resorts on the strip have resort fees. I love having robes in the room; this saves valuable space when packing. I also like the use of the room safe. On this trip I did find the check in lines extremely long with only about three staff members working the check-in stations. Wynn can and should improve on that. My check in was very courteous and they were accommodating with my room request. I very much appreciate that and it shows that my return was important to them. I would definitely recommend Wynn and intend to stay many more times.

• 3 of 5 bubbles