“Snoozer”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Snoozer”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Our group of six was really looking forward to seeing KA. Not knowing much about it, we were all pretty excited for the unknown. Little did we know that the unknown included a hard to follow storyline that put four out of the six of us to sleep.

Unfortunately for the performers, the moving stage is more exciting than any part of the performance. I'd venture to say that a good portion of the crowd was more wowwed over the set than the sub-par acrobatics.

Our group of six all agreed that we kept waiting for something really incredible to happen. We were all slightly impressed by portions here and there, but not enough to remain entertained. The music was reminiscent of a lullaby, there were only two moments that made me somewhat chuckle, and the difficult story made the entire performance dull.

Since our tickets came free with our Mirage booking, I was relieved that none of us paid real money to see the show. I'd go as far as saying that it was not only disappointing, but a waste of time.

There are so many incredible shows available to see in Vegas. This isn't one of them.

Visited March 2013

22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Front row experience”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This was my first Cirque show and I thoroughly enjoyed it! I looked around for a while trying to find a good deal on tickets to a Cirque show. I looked at all kinds of websites promising 1/2 price tickets, etc. I finally went to the official Cirque de Soleil website and browsed all of their shows comparing prices. I stumbled across a "winter special" ticket starting at $50 for KA. I clicked on the link to look at the dates we would be there expecting it to say they were sold out of the discounted price tickets. But to my surprise, I found front row tickets at the discounted ticket price for front row seats. They weren't the $50 seat of course, but they did have those available. I ended up paying about $60 less than what those exact seats were being offered on the other "discounted" ticket websites.

The show itself was amazing. I don't have anything to compare it to but the acrobatics were unbelievable. Being on the front row, we could literally touch the characters - that's how close we were. The rotating stage was impressive as well.

Do your homework on tickets to find the best deal. But if you aren't all that interested in sitting on the front row or paying top dollar for tickets, go for the cheaper seats. The theater isn't so large that you need binoculars from any seat to see what's going on. I think you could enjoy it from the cheap seats too.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Karrie F
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Felt Like watching Matrix Movie live on stage.. STUNNING!!!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

KA is a show from CIRQUE DE SOLEIL was being played at MGM GRANDE. Will not Dvelve much into the story.
The incredible thing about this show is the stunts, the idea behind the moving stage. Scenes shot on vertical stage giving gravity less feel to the audience.
The Drama and Thrill created is unbelievable. The stage moves in all directions and so does the actors.
You feel like you are watching the movie THE MATRIX. Actors are fighting and moving in air.

I HIGHLY RECCOMEND this show. No matter what you do, DONT MISS THIS SHOW.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Pratik D
Miami, Florida
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

To start, I have seen A LOT of Cirque shows. Probably 10-15. I had not seen Ka, so decided to see it on a recent trip to Vegas. Had lots of hopes given the positive reviews on Trip Advisor. Unfortunately it was not as good as I hoped. The stage is pretty impressive. There are many martial arts scenes although I was hoping for more of the traditional acrobatic Cirque scenes. Some people in our group actually fell asleep... It was ok, but I wish I went to see a different Cirque show.

Visited February 2013
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Every seat a great seat!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

I was a little hesitant about shelling out that extra $$$ for front row seats, I'm glad I saved my money. Every seat is a great seat! The show is grand and a must see ! I felt like I was on one giant acid trip. The visuals, how they're able to pull it off is beyond me. Trust me its worth the money.

Been to KA - Cirque du Soleil? Share your experiences!