“Las Vegas Showtime Airport Shuttle”
Review of Showtime Tours

Showtime Tours
Ranked #207 of 240 Tours in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: As of September 30, 2017, Showtime Tours is ceasing operations and transportation will now be fulfilled by Bell Trans of Las Vegas.
Reviewed February 17, 2009

My husband & I had our first experience with the airport Showtime Shuttle in Apr 2006. We wanted to spend a relaxing week in Las Vegas and not have to worry about travel arrangements, shows, etc. Air travel, hotel and shows went well, but we had the worse experience with the shuttle. The shuttle was the worse part of our 16th wedding anniversary. The showtime desk personnel did not know which shuttle stand we needed to wait at for our hotel and then once they figured this out, we had another 2-Hr wait until we boarded for transport to the hotel. If this wasn't enough of a frustration, we contacted Showtime tours more than the minimum required 24-Hr call prior to establish reservations. The lady assured us of the time and location based upon our departure flight time. The shuttle never arrived, and when we called the desk for clarification, they said we were not at the hotel and the driver left. When we told the lady we were there 20 min earlier than they required, she said the driver did not see us and left. Turned out the driver had the incorrect hotel and did not call back to the desk for confirmation prior to returning to the airport. We don't like making decisions based upon one experience; therefore, we attempted to us them again this year for Valentine's Day/early Anniversary. Wow, we weren't disappointed in the bad service. Another 2-Hr wait at the airport after some confusion (again) as to what stand we needed to wait at based upon our hotel. The stands kept inter-mingling lines; they didn't have enough room for two lines of people to wait w/o confusion. Some people ended up on the wrong shuttles due to poor layout of lines running into one another. Too many people waiting at the stands due to not enough shuttles running was the most likely cause of this debacle. Our return wasn't much better from the first time. We called 36-Hrs prior to our required departure time and spoke to a lady who gave us the pickup location, time and confirmed our airline. We thought this may be the time of redemption...WRONG! After a 30min wait on the morning of our departure, we called and the desk lady didn't have us on her route; therefore, we were not going to be picked up! Had we not called, we would have missed our flight or at the very least been late due to having to hire a taxi at the last minute. DO NOT HIRE SHOWTIME SHUTTLE! Spend the money and hire a taxi; reliable and on time!

9  Thank MsTigger

Reviewed February 17, 2009

We have ordered and prepaid for the showtime airport shuttle service through Expedia. On our return day, I called early in the morning to schedule a pickup at 10:30 pm, our flight was leaving at 12:30 AM.
Showtime didn’t show up at the scheduled time, after 10 minutes of waiting, I tried to call them to ask for status, I was put on hold for 20 minutes then was disconnected. On my 2nd call, after another 5 minutes of waiting on the phone, the only answer I got was “the shuttle is on the way”, I got disconnected again before I could ask for any other details. I called back again after another 10 minutes of waiting, this time, the answer I got was “There is no such pick up scheduled”. After about 40 minutes of waiting out in the cold and getting the run around, I lost any patience I had with them, but they were very rude and unapologetic, with time running short, I finally gave up on their service and took a taxi to the air port.
Conclusion, if you don’t want to miss your flight, don’t use their airport shuttle service.

7  Thank wanderings0ul
Reviewed December 28, 2008

Useless company - they take your money but don't deliver. Through Expedia booked a return shuttle from the airport. Unfortunately, it turns out to be Showtime Tours that provide the shuttle service. Like many others, the bus never turned up for the return to the airport - apparently a regular thing going by the concierge. Despite our own and the hotels best efforts, never got through to Showtime to find out what was going on (man I hate their holding adverts....) and instead had to get a taxi 45mins after Showtime were supposed to pick us up. As usual you get what you pay for - next time I'm paying extra for a taxi for a less stressful time.

7  Thank meteor08
Reviewed December 23, 2008

i had went to las vegas for my 21st birthday it was cool however i had gotton showtime shuttle with travel agent expedia.... i had called the 1-800 number and i spoke with Linda and made a reservation to be picked up at my hotel.. first of all this lady did not stop calling me sweety and telling me about her bad experience that she got a heart attack, who cares but somethng that seemed that it could have taken minutes took what seemed forever...

the day i left was cold and the time that they were supposed to picked up me up at 9am the bus never came, i called and yes i got Linda back and this lady started to tell me that i told her it was at night and that she does not make mistake and that its my fault because she knew what she told me, when i asked to speak with the supervisor she told me she was the lead.

finally i got a hold of Liz the supervior she could not do nothing and she was very rude in the sence that she was moking me and when i told her to stop he insteaded that it was my fault.. i took a cad back to the airport..

dont take this shuttle company....

6  Thank looking24
Reviewed October 18, 2008

I went to Vegas for my 30th bday in August 08. My mom accompanied me and we had talked about visiting the grand canyon. I'm very thorough whenever i plan a trip. so i researched tour companies recommended by my hotel.

We were given three companies: showtime, pink jeep and one other one that allows you to rent an H2 and make the drive your self. We wanted to go with Showtime. Well...It's no surprise that after reading the reviews here, that I became a little leary. I even put off reserving the tour until we got to our hotel hoping to get some feedback from the concierge. but nonetheless, i had faith and trusted that the trip would be great.

I'm so glad i did. The pickup was on time and got us to the showtime office in a timely manner where we paid for our trip and boarded the bus that would take us on the tour. The Driver (I think his name was Mathius) was outstanding!!!! he showed genuine concern for his passengers making sure he informed us of everything we would see along the way. He seemed to be pointing out sights that were probably not even part of his "script". It looked as though he had driven to the canyon maybe a million times; his experience definitely shined.

Mathius proved to be a careful driver and even though we were on the road for about 10-12 hours, on the way back from the canyon he not only showed us a prairie dog "city" but insisted on taking us back to the hotel as opposed to letting the local driver ferry us.

Hopefully showtime has begun weeding out the bad apples that work for them, however.......Its much easier to write a bad review than a good one. If anyone else was on the canyon trip on 8/22, please chime in here!

Been to Showtime Tours? Share your experiences!