“really good food”

Ranked #61 of 5,298 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: American, Diner, Deli
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Description: Newly remodeled, this diner on the corner of Tropicana and Jones is often referred to as Trop & Jones by locals and has established itself over the years with a number of daily regulars. Long-tenured crews and friendly banter make this place feel like the diner where everyone knows your name. When you’re there, be sure to ask about its history and fondness for all things bears!
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Wife saw reviews for the restaurant and glad we went.its large but was full on a monday lunchtime.atmosphere was great, happy voices all enjoying the food.
Menu is specially printed newspaper and too much choice to pick from. Both of us had the cup of soup (really homemade chicken noodle) served with a warm biscuit and for mains, my wife had an enormous rack of ribs with bbq sauce and I had the country fried chicken, which I particularly like, and this stood with the best!
With coffee excellent value at €30 definately worth a try
Everyone friendly

2  Thank jonlam

Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

We had breakfast here three times on our short visit to Las Vegas. Loved the California Benedict. Add a bear claw with apples. Good service

Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Best pancakes I ever had. Greeted warmly when we arrived. Great server. Fabulous food. Can't wait to come back. Maybe for dinner tonite!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Read the reviews for this diner and had to go see for myself. Maybe I was expecting too much but it was just a really nice little diner. Got there about 6:30 in the morning and seated right away. Good service good food Friendly waitress, even a friendly customer spoke to us across the room. I guess what Im trying to say is, this is the kind of diner that if I lived in Vegas I would make my diner. It's not "fabulous", "marvelous", or "fantastic". It is a really good diner, isn't that enough?

2  Thank robert r
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

There is always a wait to be seated...but it is because this place is phenom!! The food portions are lovely and it feels like a Mom and Pop place. The menus are designed to look like little newspapers. This is definitely a family diner.