“Great Chinese food without the "strip"price”
Review of Ping Pang Pong

Ping Pang Pong
Ranked #370 of 5,057 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Paradise
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

If you have ever been to Vegas, then you will agree that a lot of restaurants in the nicer hotels on the strip (Las Vegas Blvd) are expensive. Must are justifiable, but spending $25 for something I can get for $6-8 is well, absurd. So, finding a reasonably priced Chinese restaurant with good food on the strip is almost impossible. Yes, you can find some but you won't go there again. My friend told me about Ping Pang Pong. Did some 6 yr old child come up with the name, I thought. My friend said-you got to try hot and sour soup. I hate hot and sour soup. He said that I won't regret it.

The restaurant is located in the Gold Coast Hotel which is 1-2 blocks from Rio Hotel. Yes, he was right. I really enjoy the hot and sour soup to my surprise. Also had fried frog legs with sliced green chili peppers, ha-gao, siu-mai, mapo tofu,& quail minced lettucewrap . We had four people.

Portions were big to generous depending on your definition. The food was great! These chefs can cook. Our five dishes came out in 15 min or less. My friend said the quail minced lettucewrap tastes just like the ones in Taiwan. I like to check out the tofu and ha-gao when I go to Chinese restaurants. Since I'm kind of picky and don't like to plug in bad reviews (because why bother telling you, the reader and wasting your time), the mapo tofu was prepared the way I like it- soft tofu, not to thick sauce, not too much meat, you decide your spice level. The ha-gao had a soft and thin skin, perfect. Same with the siu-mai, according to my friend who always order siu-mai. The only negative things are 1) the smoke from the casino- I don't smoke. 2) the staff-they are slightly short of staff, but that is ok. If they hire more staff, prices will go up. Besides, they can barely keep up with the wok chefs. I can wait, but because of the smoke, I recommend sitting in the back or going take out. So, positive review for the food minus the smoke. By the way, they were voted as being among the top ten Chinese restaurants in the US. Not sure if I agree only because I haven't tried all the Chinese restaurants in the US, but it is in the top ten Chinese restaurants that I have visited in the US. Will go again.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed my dining experience at Ping Pang Pong . The atmosphere was authentic, selection extensive, preparation perfect, the taste fantastic and the best value in Vegas.
Simply, Ping Pang Pong is worth going out of your way to visit.

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Don't buy into the limited reviews based on just one food item.
The experience was horrible!
Noisiest resteraunt that we have ever eaten at. We asked to be moved away from kitchen. We could not even carry on a conversation. So we were seated right next to the casino.
Had the Pork and Bean curd. There was mostly bean curd. Taste was flat beside the heat from the peppers. Also had the spring rolls. Also very flat taste.
Will not return and recommend that you don't either.

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I was craving some dimsum and I tried this place. I was not disappointed at all. There is a wide selection of dim sum and they are very tasty. The servers are very helpful. I went around 1:30-2:00pm and did not have to wait at all.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I enjoyed this. I had not tried dim sum before, but we decided to give it a try. The servers walk around with carts of different types of items (steamed buns, noodles, dumplings, etc) and you pick what you want. They then mark a ticket on your table. There's also a menu to select from.

We had several things, which I can't really say what they were, as we just pointed. Some of the servers did not speak English, so we aren't sure exactly what we had anyway. One was a noodle dish (no meat). Another was a chicken dish with vegetables. Some broccoli. And I think some steamed buns with pork.

It was a fun thing to try, and interesting to see all the carts go by, and check out all the items. You could very easily over-order. But, if you just pick one dish, eat, then pick another, eat, and so on - you can get just the right amount.

I think the total bill was only around $35, and that's with beers. So it does not seem too expensive. There's no prices on the carts.

Give it a try! They only do the dim sum from 10A - 3P.
Expect a wait. But, don't be put off if there appears to be a big line. We were a party of 2, and there was a huge amount of people waiting. Being that we were only 2, we got in ahead of the big groups, and also some people abandoned so, while we were told it would be about 35 minutes wait, we only waited around 10.